Status
Not open for further replies.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Same here. I have a few 120ml sealed bottles and my wife's 500ml of grape candy in the fridge in a ziplock bag. Only because I have 20-40ml of these flavours open and the 500ml will have to last a year and a half to 2 years, so I might as well keep it cool until I open it.

Everything else is on a counter in my basement. Generally dark but room temperature.
Welcome to the porches.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Welcome to the porch. Seems your def on the right track coming up on a year. Nothing wrong w/ mechs and Provari's. That's basically all we (wife and I) have in our collection.
My wife loves the Provaris and kidnapped 3 of mine. ;)

I have used mechs almost exclusively for the last few months. I love the simplicity and they are kinda a hobby of mine. :)

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
@Kenna do you have the FA 7 Leaves if so you might try that for your friend. I don't like tobacco flavor either anymore but I mix it half and half with creme brulee and it's pretty good like that for me. I think some other companies make 7 leaves too but not sure about them. Damn I forgot to post this 45min ago when I wrote it got too wrapped up in the debate.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Well Ginny was trying to figure out what flavor I was vaping that was so sweet and the only one we can come up with is the one that I thought tasted like Jergens lotion. Well I dumped it all so going to make another 15ml of it. The Cinnamon Roll that I made I don't care for by itself but the 2 flavors that I have tried have a real lingering effect and I dumped it out of my atty and put some creme brulee and buttery hazelnut but I could still taste the cinnamon roll and it was really good so I am going to add some to the atty. She want's to try the blue raspberry so I need to make a little of that.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I was like "Where's my flavor? Where's my vapor?". Having a hard time trying to make something that tastes like that! I kinda wonder if the juice she was getting didn't have too strong a flavor & not enough nic. I'll just keep thinking on it.

Have you tried her on unflavored?

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
IMO when you make your own the nic seems a lot stronger then when you buy a flavor just my opinion. You could try some of that cheap juice from EvapeUS. They make the Buttery Hazelnut and they make another that has a similar flavor called Exotic Tobacco but it in no way does it taste like tobacco. IDK what to tell you I know Ginny doesn't like any of the flavors I do and I made her some flavorless 6mg and we mix that half and half with the hazelnut which smooths it out and cuts her nic to about 9-10 cause she likes a little more of the hazelnut.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Help needed for friend – Important – may save his life

This was the friend I wanted to help a while back who nearly died due to a medical condition/surgery but was assured he’d quit smoking afterwards. He didn’t. Nearly 25 years ago he came close to rubbing my nose in the fact he’d quit smoking. He didn’t. No doubt he tried with all his heart and soul; he just couldn’t escape BT just like the rest of us until trying vaping came to our attention.

He will have another surgery in, they estimate, six weeks. He admits to smoking 2-3 cigarettes a day so let’s double that. The surgeon told him he will not operate unless he quits smoking. The plain truth is he can’t. I get that, I desperately wanted to quit for over 40 years.

The problem is simple, I need to make some juice for him but don’t know at what nic level to make it. We have six weeks to wean him down to 3mg, the amount @Baditude has said is negligible for surgery. Please correct me if I am wrong Baditude. We can deal with MOIAs or WTAs or whatever if he survives the surgery.

All I have to make juice right now is TFA blackberry. I know he likes blackberry since 20 of my quail have abandoned my patch lately and moved into his across the street, no joke.

What I really need to know is what % of nic and flavoring to start him off on. I used to use 20% flavoring, now use 1-3 drops per 30ml. The nic will have to be reduced dramatically in a short period of time. I want him to live for his wife, children and granddaughter, if nothing else. What’s the best way to help him?

I apologize for this coming off as so melodramatic, it's not by any stretch of the imagination. :cry:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

:blink: Okay, that's weird, your quote came up with nothing in it. No doubt when I hit post, there will be a wall of text. Sorry. :lol:

Edit - Kenna, your post didn't even show us at all! :(

Need to spend some more time in western WA for that... ;)

I'm using two of these for my flavor storage (other than the big "stock" bottles)

Portable Storage Case

30 ml bottles will fit in most of the slots, and I put labels on the inside of the lid to separate out into groups. And easy to pick up and move into the mix lab, aka kitchen :lol:

I've heard the lichen grow like weeds there. I'd really like to witness it someday, but it rains there more than OR. Plus vaping restrictions, for the moment. :(

that's just wrong!

for reals?? that is sooooooo kewl! and Jup, I am easily amused! hehehe

that's fantastic!! Took me about 3 years before I finally started DIY and went to mechs (Reos only)

what the heck is that?? lol

kewl!

same here, couldn't deal with that

kismet!

awesome! That's really neat

I know I was going to reply to a couple of comments but can't figure out which ones now. Not really your fault, been a rough day for the neighbors (and me taking care of their dogs), plus a fire exploding nearby (ain't gonna get here but still). Humble apologies. :oops:

@BreSha6869 I've been dragging this armchair around the porch for a while looking for the perfect spot. So here you go. Sit for a bit and enjoy the view.

View attachment 602475

@mattiem would love that rocker! She's quite the crochet whiz (no poo), just ask her. She's a genius! :thumbs:

You truly learn something new every day.

I guess I am sheltered as I tend to get coffee at McDonalds or Starbucks. :(

From what I've heard, don't drink the stuff myself, you're a weenie. :D

It's a beast, weight wise. Appears to be machined from a solid brass billet. Might come in handy in a fight...

So is a ProVari with a Tatroe base. Well, actually, I chased off a coyote in my nightshirt a while back screaming obscenities and throwing COPYRIGHTDMCA. The other day I chased one out waving an aluminum watering wand and screaming obscenities. At least the last time I was wearing pants. I do walk with a ProVari with Tatroe base every night and seriously consider it a weapon.

I think she just walked into a random b&m & asked for a tobacco juice. No telling what it tasted like. She smokes VS Ultra Lights. I grabbed a hit off of one of hers several months ago & it was just nasty. Plus there was virtually no smoke to exhale! I was like "Where's my flavor? Where's my vapor?". Having a hard time trying to make something that tastes like that! I kinda wonder if the juice she was getting didn't have too strong a flavor & not enough nic. I'll just keep thinking on it.

Could be both, plus the sincere desire to quit smoking. I lucked out the second time around with the right flavor, coffee, just didn't have enough nic to get over the "hump." I had to literally OD on the nic to quit. To each their own but a strong desire to quit will go a long ways, like all the way when they hit the right combo. It ain't easy for some of us but the quitter has to do the vast majority analyzing and effort. It is what scares me the most about my above post. I do know he has a strong desire to live, I just don't know if he can think clearly enough to overcome.

Ask her how much she wants to live or live without a debilitating disease. It's one thing to go it alone vs. trying as hard as you can with the support of another, or many if she chooses to join ECF.

Some people here accidentally quit, others of us struggle through a long hard battle. Personally, I don't have much sympathy for those looking for a miracle cure. I fought a war, many wars over decades trying to quit smoking. I eventually won it with minimal help from anyone, but I won it and I did find the answer (up my nic) from somewhere on the net.

Whatever you do, it's not going to taste like her cig, it's not going to hit her like a cig, she's going to have to make sacrifices to quit smoking. You can help make it happen, she has to make it happen, just like my old friend that I'm terified will die because of BT.

Last edited:

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana

This was the friend I wanted to help a while back who nearly died due to a medical condition/surgery but was assured he’d quit smoking afterwards. He didn’t. Nearly 25 years ago he came close to rubbing my nose in the fact he’d quit smoking. He didn’t. No doubt he tried with all his heart and soul; he just couldn’t escape BT just like the rest of us until trying vaping came to our attention.

He will have another surgery in, they estimate, six weeks. He admits to smoking 2-3 cigarettes a day so let’s double that. The surgeon told him he will not operate unless he quits smoking. The plain truth is he can’t. I get that, I desperately wanted to quit for over 40 years.

The problem is simple, I need to make some juice for him but don’t know at what nic level to make it. We have six weeks to wean him down to 3mg, the amount @Baditude has said is negligible for surgery. Please correct me if I am wrong Baditude. We can deal with MOIAs or WTAs or whatever if he survives the surgery.

All I have to make juice right now is TFA blackberry. I know he likes blackberry since 20 of my quail have abandoned my patch lately and moved into his across the street, no joke.

What I really need to know is what % of nic and flavoring to start him off on. I used to use 20% flavoring, now use 1-3 drops per 30ml. The nic will have to be reduced dramatically in a short period of time. I want him to live for his wife, children and granddaughter, if nothing else. What’s the best way to help him?

I apologize for this coming off as so melodramatic, it's not by any stretch of the imagination. :cry:
    I don't have the answers you are looking for, but I can and will send out thoughts and prayers for your friend.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    What, you don't decorate your latte in Texas? :grr: :lol:
    I just couldn't figure out what it was......didn't look like a cup, but I do see it now. For myself, I just drink coffee......good and strong.

Seems Njoy declared bankruptcy.
    oh wow that stinks

Got my squonker from FT today. It's a Coppervape in solid brass...the thing is a TANK. They also make them in aluminum, which would be quite a bit lighter. Nice machining job, good finish on all parts, switch is nice and smooth. $35.00 for brass, I think the aluminum model is $29.

Coppervape also has a facebook page you can order from, and they sell the mod with a topper (not the one pictured). I looked at the FB page but couldn't figure out how to order, so I used FT.

View attachment 602543 View attachment 602545 View attachment 602547
    Nice pics. A lot of folks are really liking those. I wonder if they have a collapsible spring in case of short.

Gotta go do a seek, see and hopefully secure mission.

Thanx, Bo!
    thumbsup.gif
    Actually you have two of those missions........ the mod..........then the rm2 I sent ya to put on it. lol Did you ever try out your owl thingy? FT also has bottles for those for about a buck. Would definitely get a few of those as well. Was hoping those might fit the Reos, but someone told me that a friend of theirs said they don't.

Well Ginny was trying to figure out what flavor I was vaping that was so sweet and the only one we can come up with is the one that I thought tasted like Jergens lotion. Well I dumped it all so going to make another 15ml of it. The Cinnamon Roll that I made I don't care for by itself but the 2 flavors that I have tried have a real lingering effect and I dumped it out of my atty and put some creme brulee and buttery hazelnut but I could still taste the cinnamon roll and it was really good so I am going to add some to the atty. She want's to try the blue raspberry so I need to make a little of that.
    I'm so thrilled she's doing so well with it this time. Has she totally quit smoking, or still having a few? Either way I'm thrilled for her!

Oh wow hun......If he's only smoking a few a day, I'd say start him at 12mgs nic and see if that will do it since you don't have much time to wean him down. If that doesn't cut it, maybe 15. Hopefully he'll like the blackberry, but I can send you some flavoring if you need it. ((((((((tutu))))))))

been a rough day for the neighbors (and me taking care of their dogs), plus a fire exploding nearby (ain't gonna get here but still). Humble apologies. :oops:
    sorry you're going through so much hun!!

@Kenna the 7 leaves leg's suggested might be great. Also Matt and a lot of other folks swear by vaping zone's "real cig" flavoring. Many say it's as close to marlboro light as you can get. I smoked marlb mostly but also smoke VS for quite awhile, full flavor though on both.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2011
    Middle Georgia
    What I really need to know is what % of nic and flavoring to start him off on.

Now of course this is only a suggestion, but I would say for a quick transition it needs to resemble smoking as much as possible. Tobacco flavors with a cherry or brandi to give it a sweet twist... As far as nic level - start at 18 and reduce by 3 each week - you are down to 3 after 6 weeks... Desert Ship was my go to tobacco flavor for quite some time...

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    @Kenna do you have the FA 7 Leaves if so you might try that for your friend. I don't like tobacco flavor either anymore but I mix it half and half with creme brulee and it's pretty good like that for me. I think some other companies make 7 leaves too but not sure about them. Damn I forgot to post this 45min ago when I wrote it got too wrapped up in the debate.
    FA 7 Leaves is one that I got. Vendor page says it's mild & slightly sweet. That & the 555, or a drop of Virgina might work for her.

kross8

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 20, 2016
    stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
    First impressions review of the Kanger Nebox, available for $20 from vaping.com. Orders of $25 and more get free US shipping. I bought two; the blue one pictured, and a white one. Nebox

View attachment 602353

Pros:

10 ml permanently enclosed tank

Very compact

Feels solid but not heavy: 7.8 oz including full tank of joose, battery and drip tip

Plastic cylindrical drip tip

60 watts and TC capable

Can be charged with included USB cable

2 pre-built heads and a rebuildable head are included. Uses same heads as Kanger Subtank, I'm pretty sure.

Cons:

Tank can't be removed for cleaning

Tank is plastic, not glass

Mod has to be perpendicular to face or shnoz will touch the mod when vaping, if you're an index finger button-pusher like me, because the drip tip starts where the mod ends. Does not apply to those who push the power button with their thumb.

Battery cover requires coin or very strong fingernail

Uses just one 18650 battery

Note: warning card in box advises not to charge in vertical position for some unknown reason

Overall: an absolute steal at this price, performs well, very pocketable. No fatal flaws. I love it. I'm assuming that it wasn't as popular as anticipated, and that's the reason for the low price. However, I have no idea why this isn't a really popular mod. Did I mention I love it?
    i have 2 Nebox's,, they were 'ok'...but as time has gone on, i find i really like it. 1 has either died or i need to redesign the positive spacing inside the battery compartment. (thinking about 'battery wrapping the edges of a dime and tossing it in there)....what i like about the nebox is its my dedicated nic box most of the time i am no nic,,, but i like having a dedicated set up.

fwiw.. mine is set up with a mini/tiny drip top,,i use my first finger to fire while holding it 'sideways' to my face,, it looks like i am covering my mouth for a cough.

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Yay! It sounds like she's leaning toward mixes with more than one flavor in it. The CR, CB, & BH sound like a good mix. Go Ginny, go!

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    IMO when you make your own the nic seems a lot stronger then when you buy a flavor just my opinion. You could try some of that cheap juice from EvapeUS. They make the Buttery Hazelnut and they make another that has a similar flavor called Exotic Tobacco but it in no way does it taste like tobacco. IDK what to tell you I know Ginny doesn't like any of the flavors I do and I made her some flavorless 6mg and we mix that half and half with the hazelnut which smooths it out and cuts her nic to about 9-10 cause she likes a little more of the hazelnut.
    Ginny may not need as much flavor as you do. Her tastebuddies may not just taste things differently, but better.

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA

If he's only smoking 6 a day, then just try 3 - 5 mg iin unflavored. Don't go to flavor unless he wants it, but try the unflavored first.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread