Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Thank you very much for the offer but honestly I do not want a constant reminder of how stupid I was to have smoked for all those years. Just now doing the math the number was shocking and I had to redo it to make sure it was correct. 2 years this month for being a former smoker. For insurance purposes I answer "NO I do not smoke" because as far as I know they do not ask if you ever smoked.
I was still smoking when I signed up for Medicare. I quit on August 1st 2014, so just a couple of months longer than you. Just take my days & add days in August & September.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Smoking in my truck was my thing. I used to drive from Toronto to Ottawa on business often and loved cranking the tunes and littering the highway with a good 1/2 pack of butts each way. :eek:

When I started vaping, I found I could rent a car and vape in it, and vaping in a hotel room in the winter is sssooooo much better than getting dressed, taking an elevator, walking thru the lobby and standing outside in the snow having a smoke like a dumdum. THAT I don't miss at all! :)

I could go on and on, but I really don't miss any of my 30 years of smoking. And after almost a year off them, I am confident I am home free.:thumb:

When I bought my last vehicle no one smoked in it and that was the start of my path to quitting smoking. Reading how you drove and smoked reminded me of how I used to be. While dual using I was kidding myself saying I was cutting down because once I got to my destination I would smoke sometimes 2 cigarettes before going into the site and sneak out for a smoke break and then smoke a cigarette before I got back in to drive to the next site or home. Yeah I was "cutting down"! Yeah you can tell yourself that as much as you want to believe it........

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
Oh Oh! The SX Mini ML Class coming out in a Special Edition; CAMO!
Urban and Desert!
Say it isn't so!? And just when I said I was done:shock::blink::rolleyes::vapor:

Just so happen that my Vapor Shark DNA 30 took a dump recently after a few years of faithful service
Awe shucks; I can't say that I don't have any dupes. Two SX Mini's

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I tried cutting down using vaping but always went back to smoking and like I said kidding myself I was cutting down. Until the morning I woke up said that's it NO MORE! And I never bought another pack and just used cig-a-likes. That was after almost 40 years of Marlboro Red Box!
:rickroll:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Not so weird ... Me too. I rank those two attributes above flavor.
Not weird at all…Same here.
wuz gonna say then I'm weird too......but we all know that can't be :rolleyes: In the VTF (vapor, TH, flavor) preferences so many folks chose vapor as #1 For me it was always trying to get enough TH that I got with smoking. Actually chest hit. I always did like watching the swirls of smoke, and now vapor. but as long as I exhale about as much as I did when smoking I'm good. Could never be a cloud chaser. It doesn't swirl quite as pretty as smoke.....but it's still nice to watch.
Same here, it's the process and TH for me as well. Smoked mtl, vape the same. Decent th, vapor level approximates the amount of smoke, enough to blow rings if I wish, but not going to do well in any sort of cloud comp ;)

:( Okay, not weird. I so wanted to be weird. At least I'm in most excellent company. :) I did miss flicking ashes for the longest time. Odd thing to miss.

I sure hope not! That's crazy! Then again, you do live in CA :p Crazy is the norm when it comes to y'alls govt.

so glad he has you.......and really hope and pray he can make the switch. I'll come stay with him til surgery and uhmmm...........encourage.........yeah that's it.......him to vape rather than smoke I can neither confirm nor deny any fryin pan involvement. :D

They're voting on the tax in November, doesn't look at this point.

You'd like staying up there. Three nutty dogs, though they are well behaved. They're awesome dogs, to be honest.

Nothing worked without that skinny thing between the fingers.
Careful, Gary, this IS the Front Porch! :w00t:
That was me.

:lol:

No worries, Sweetie! Just trying to think of whatever I could to help get the nic percentage down as quickly as possible, and that's what worked for me. When I was running 1.8Ω+ coils, I was using 36mg... the instant that I switched to sub-ohm, I had to drop all the way down to 12mg. I'm now at 5mg, and holding steady... no desire to drop any lower than that. It's my happy place. ;)
But are you going through more juice?

That's what I don't understand. People go sub-ohm and drop their nic levels through the floor. Is it due to an increase in the vape volume per puff, therefore absorbing more nic, or something else? I'm sure I've read reasonable answers to this on here before, I just can't for the life of me remember what they were right now. :oops:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I did miss flicking ashes for the longest time. Odd thing to miss.
hehehe me too! My thumb aint got nuttin to do now! lol

Three nutty dogs, though they are well behaved. They're awesome dogs, to be honest.
awwwwwww love da puppies! I've been puppyless again now for 3 days :(

That's what I don't understand. People go sub-ohm and drop their nic levels through the floor. Is it due to an increase in the vape volume per puff, therefore absorbing more nic, or something else? I'm sure I've read reasonable answers to this on here before, I just can't for the life of me remember what they were right now. :oops:
dunno why, but sub-ohmin typically does use more juice, even if you're not vaping anymore than you used to.....so seems like the higher heat, vaporizes more juice, so I imagine you're getting more of the nicotine in every draw. I had vaped 24mg for 4 years.....tried to cut to 18 once cuz I felt I was getting over nic'd, wanted to seriously maim folks after a few days, went back up to 22-24. This was with dual coils at 1.3ohms. Started using SS wire..... loved em at .5 ohms, did that for a month or two still at 24 mg, but it was becoming very apparent that I was getting too much nic. Cut to 18, still felt a little high..... cut it to 15mg, and I'm fine. I am not vapin anymore than I did at 24 mg and 1.3 ohm coils, but I am going through more juice. But I easily cut down from 24 mg to 15 mg with .5 ohm coils. And sometimes I'm even vaping less than I did at 1.3 ohm coils.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I tried cutting down using vaping but always went back to smoking and like I said kidding myself I was cutting down. Until the morning I woke up said that's it NO MORE! And I never bought another pack and just used cig-a-likes. That was after almost 40 years of Marlboro Red Box!
:rickroll:
I thought vaping would help me cut back at a minimum. I truely did not think it would work. But, once I got a non-cigalike set up, I quit with the first vape. I still had a half pack of cigs, too.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Smoking in my truck was my thing. I used to drive from Toronto to Ottawa on business often and loved cranking the tunes and littering the highway with a good 1/2 pack of butts each way. :eek:

When I started vaping, I found I could rent a car and vape in it, and vaping in a hotel room in the winter is sssooooo much better than getting dressed, taking an elevator, walking thru the lobby and standing outside in the snow having a smoke like a dumdum. THAT I don't miss at all! :)

I could go on and on, but I really don't miss any of my 30 years of smoking. And after almost a year off them, I am confident I am home free.:thumb:
This standing-outside-to-smoke thing is the main reason I finally quit. I wish I could say it was the health issue.

We still lived in northern KY at the time. It was early January, freaking cold and I was standing outside, in the snow, shivering, puffing away. Me, the person who HATES cold weather, who eventually moved to FL to escape it.

Last edited:

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA

Yep, kinda like Deb said. It vaporizes more juice, and more efficiently releases more of the nicotine. It also produces much more vapor, so you get more of it into your system. You can kinda do the same thing with higher resistances by increasing the wattage, but that tends to burn wicks and scorch juice more often for some reason that I don't completely understand...

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
This standing-outside-to-smoke thing is the main reason I finally quit. I wish I could say it was the health issue.

We still lived in northern KY at the time. It was early January, freaking cold and I was standing outside, in the snow, shivering, puffing away. Me, the person who HATES cold weather, who eventually moved to FL to escape it.

You are not alone. Health issues while on my list was not the highest on my list either.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    dunno why, but sub-ohmin typically does use more juice, even if you're not vaping anymore than you used to.....so seems like the higher heat, vaporizes more juice, so I imagine you're getting more of the nicotine in every draw. I had vaped 24mg for 4 years.....tried to cut to 18 once cuz I felt I was getting over nic'd, wanted to seriously maim folks after a few days, went back up to 22-24. This was with dual coils at 1.3ohms. Started using SS wire..... loved em at .5 ohms, did that for a month or two still at 24 mg, but it was becoming very apparent that I was getting too much nic. Cut to 18, still felt a little high..... cut it to 15mg, and I'm fine. I am not vapin anymore than I did at 24 mg and 1.3 ohm coils, but I am going through more juice. But I easily cut down from 24 mg to 15 mg with .5 ohm coils. And sometimes I'm even vaping less than I did at 1.3 ohm coils.

You really didn't cut down on your daily nicotine consumption/day at all. You're just using up more juice/day to get it,

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    You really didn't cut down on your daily nicotine consumption/day at all. You're just using up more juice/day to get it,
    This.

I still use 6mg in a Kabuki or Kayfun with a 1.6-1.8 coil on a Provari. With my mechs @ 0.5ohms on a Subtank Mini I am vaping 1.5-2.0mg nic. I feel instantly woozy if I vape 6mg on a mech @ 0.5ohms.

Of course, I vape 3-4ml a day on a Kabuki/Kayfun and 10-12ml on a STM.... all relative re: actual nic consumption...

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    :( Okay, not weird. I so wanted to be weird. At least I'm in most excellent company. :) I did miss flicking ashes for the longest time. Odd thing to miss.

Yeah, I used to flick cigalikes occasionally. And three or four times when I was still smoking I tried to light the end of a cigalike. Melted some plastic but never actually killed one.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA

But you see, we're ALL weird!

That's what I don't understand. People go sub-ohm and drop their nic levels through the floor. Is it due to an increase in the vape volume per puff, therefore absorbing more nic, or something else? I'm sure I've read reasonable answers to this on here before, I just can't for the life of me remember what they were right now.

Yep, kinda like Deb said. It vaporizes more juice, and more efficiently releases more of the nicotine. It also produces much more vapor, so you get more of it into your system. You can kinda do the same thing with higher resistances by increasing the wattage, but that tends to burn wicks and scorch juice more often for some reason that I don't completely understand...

All those clouds have to come from somewhere. More clouds, less juice left in the topper. And if you want to get "there" without sub-ohm, just need to be sure you have a LOT of air flow!

But not as we know and love it, but their new system....

Philip Morris is throwing more money behind its iQOS heat-not-burn tobacco device to outrun rivals British American Tobacco Plc and Japan Tobacco Inc.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Spokane,WA
    These Kabukis I got from FT are really nice. They were a few dollars more expensive then any of the others but came with 3 sets of Orings different colors a spare air screw and a spare 510 contact pin and 2 allen wrenches one for each screw. Really nice quality but this 3ml is kind of a problem sometimes. Oh and 2 drip tips one blue and one black. And a little velvet bag to carry a spare in.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    These Kabukis I got from FT are really nice. They were a few dollars more expensive then any of the others but came with 3 sets of Orings different colors a spare air screw and a spare 510 contact pin and 2 allen wrenches one for each screw. Really nice quality but this 3ml is kind of a problem sometimes. Oh and 2 drip tips one blue and one black. And a little velvet bag to carry a spare in.
    I have authentic Kabukis, but ordered a bunch of FT replacement glass for them. They as good if not better than the HoH $10 ones. I bought the blue and grey and they work perfectly. Always good to have extra glass IME!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread