Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Thanks Driver. I stuck it in the oven at the lowest rack setting and kept it warm, then turned the oven off for the last half hour.

Great bro tip regarding the pan :thumb:
was going to say it might dry it out, but hope it didn't. Good to see ya!

Neighbor returned all the vape gear I bought him, including the notes from englishmick and Myrany . :cry: You can't make someone want to quit but this one is heartbreaking. Really heartbreaking. Two-year-old granddaughter, recovering from a life-threatening illness, known him over 25 years... Really bummed but surprised at how easily I can (sorta) let it go, thanks to the wisdom gained on ECF and the Porch. I did everything I could for him but he's the one that has to really want to quit. I am still here for him if he wants to give it another go.

Two months to go for my 4th vaperversary. Hell ya I wanted to quit.
sorry for him. That's so sad to hear, but glad he brought the stuff back. Good on ya for trying so much, but yeah, has to be their decision.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Man, ProVape. :( There's a Radius in the Specials and they are also selling programming cables. never saw those before. Some odds and ends they are getting rid of. Looking very grim.

I'm sorry, Tutu! But he's git to want to quit. At least he brought all the gear back, most don't do that. They just have no clue. Pass that gear along to someone who actually wants to quit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I told him to hang on to the gear for several years in case it didn't work out at first and he wanted to try it on down the line. So much for that. He never would have just not given the stuff back, they're not like that. On the flip side, I have new Spinners to take next time I visit my parents. Other ones are getting old and really struggled with them on the last trip.

Disagree, Kenna. Doesn't have to want to quit. Just has to find something that tastes bedder. :) Witch iz wut happend two me. :D
I wanted to quit, but did not think vaping would do more than help me reduce the amount I was smoking while I fought to quit. I quit that day. I had no idea that would happen. I'm still shocked. Delighted, but shocked.

I envy you accidental quitters.

Same here kinda. Didn't think vaping would get me off cigs either but it did take a few months. As I vaped more and more and smoked less and less it just got to the point where cigs tasted like dog turds (disclaimer...haven't really tried dog turds).

I desperately wanted to quit. It was my second time trying vaping. I got a kit, which we couldn't afford, and gave myself two months to switch. Then it took five more months after that. Turns out the trick was going up to 24mg, something I learned from ECF. It hard to express how desperately I wanted to quit, and I loved my juice, but it just isn't easy for some people.

Interesting about the dog poo. One day El Whacko took a dump up wind from me and I just about fainted. That's when I understood about your sense of smell returning. Not something I've really cherished. :lol:

OMG. Your avatar's so cute :wub:. Good to see you!

You're welcome. lol. Again tonight it's winner winner chicken dinner.

We bicycled our heinies off on a trail to be built from here to the St. Johns River. All batts are strong, and still loving the naut mini with the HS No.5; I need to make more. luvs

Yum, thank you! Glad you're enjoying the biking. Good exercise, but you get to coast sometimes. :D

was going to say it might dry it out, but hope it didn't. Good to see ya!

sorry for him. That's so sad to hear, but glad he brought the stuff back. Good on ya for trying so much, but yeah, has to be their decision.

Was going to say something else but pulled out the baggie with the juice I gave him and can't even tell which bottle he used. :blink: Did he try it with no juice? Omg juice? Just a primed coil (I put in)? And I just pulled out the brand new tank I gave, did clean it for manufacturing residue, and it's never been filled. :facepalm: I need a drink, desperately.

I showed him how to fill the damned thing and what choices he had. Made three juices. Yep, going off to get a drink. And I'm taking the chicken with me.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I desperately wanted to quit. It was my second time trying vaping. I got a kit, which we couldn't afford, and gave myself two months to switch. Then it took five more months after that. Turns out the trick was going up to 24mg, something I learned from ECF. It hard to express how desperately I wanted to quit, and I loved my juice, but it just isn't easy for some people.

Interesting about the dog poo. One day El Whacko took a dump up wind from me and I just about fainted. That's when I understood about your sense of smell returning. Not something I've really cherished. [emoji38]

I think the reason it was so easy for me is because the guy at my tobacco shop (not a vape shop) knew the right things to recommend to me. He knew I was a menthol smoker, & knew I was getting 3 cartons a month. He gave me a bottle of 24mg plain menthol, & one of Peppermint Ice. Right flavors, right nic, with a little C4 & ego batts. Boom! I quit that day & returned the 2 cartons of cigs I'd bought at the same time & got more of the same juice & gear.

I vividly remember when I first noticed my sense of smell coming back! I noticed the smell of someone, somewhere, smoking! I'd never smelled that before! Ever!

Last edited:

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think the reason it was so easy for me is because the guy at my tobacco shop (not a vape shop) knew the right things to recommend to me. He knew I was a menthol smoker, & knew I was getting 3 cartons a month. He gave me a bottle of 24mg plain menthol, & one of Peppermint Ice. Right flavors, right nic, with a little C4 & ego batts. Boom! I quit that day & returned the 2 cartons of cigs I'd bought at the same time & got more of the same juice & gear.

Sew... u hit the right flaver rite off da bat! :) Ez pea z.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Sew... u hit the right flaver rite off da bat! :) Ez pea z.
I did. I am so gratefull to the guy at that tobacco shop. He lost a customer after I stopped buying juice & C4's from him, but he gained my undying gratitude!

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I did. I am so gratefull to the guy at that tobacco shop. He lost a customer after I stopped buying juice & C4's from him, but he gained my undying gratitude!

Jup. If you hit the right flaver... no suffering required! Thatz how I got lucky. And I was using almost 3 cartons a week. And still... instant quit even tho I had no desire to kwit.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Triton-by-Dark-Ronin-Modz-300x462.png

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Sometimes lurker just weighing in here on what it took to quit smoking.((42 year smoker-2 pack a day)
I bought a cheap kit, low battery life, no vv and some cheap juice. Got me through a few things (funeral, visit with dad) but I was always anxious to go smoke. Heard others were doing it but that I needed to upgrade to VV and something with TH. That did it. More battery life, a little higher voltage and Kiwi Strawberry that gave me some TH. Now I could take this thing seriously. From there I made a deal with myself that I could either buy some more juice or some cigarettes but one or the other. (mind you I was buying 5-6 cartons at a time and would get nervous if I got down to one carton) Started ordering juice from the internet, reading ECF and kept at it.
I would say the hardest part to get past was missing the TH. Once I got past that (maybe 6 months) it was easy peasy all the way.
Things that helped: Cinnamon juice, strong tobacco's (Mountain Oak Vapors) and RY4's, menthols and anise

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Sometimes lurker just weighing in here on what it took to quit smoking.((42 year smoker-2 pack a day)
I bought a cheap kit, low battery life, no vv and some cheap juice. Got me through a few things (funeral, visit with dad) but I was always anxious to go smoke. Heard others were doing it but that I needed to upgrade to VV and something with TH. That did it. More battery life, a little higher voltage and Kiwi Strawberry that gave me some TH. Now I could take this thing seriously. From there I made a deal with myself that I could either buy some more juice or some cigarettes but one or the other. (mind you I was buying 5-6 cartons at a time and would get nervous if I got down to one carton) Started ordering juice from the internet, reading ECF and kept at it.
I would say the hardest part to get past was missing the TH. Once I got past that (maybe 6 months) it was easy peasy all the way.
Things that helped: Cinnamon juice, strong tobacco's (Mountain Oak Vapors) and RY4's, menthols and anise
Hi Chanel! Whatever it takes!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Hi folks!

Crikey! Sorry I've not been around for awhile. Werk iz keepin me bizzy. Just wanted to pop in and wish a "belated" Happy New Year (can't even remember if I've been in this thread since then :blink: )
Dinger! Working or avoiding it?

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Hi Chanel! Whatever it takes!

Yep I vaped for 2 years off and on and cut my smoking down from 2 packs a day to 1/2 but it took open heart surgery for me to completely stop. Guess I needed a wake up call.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
il_570xN.344961162.jpg

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Sometimes lurker just weighing in here on what it took to quit smoking.((42 year smoker-2 pack a day)...

First ophph, welcome to da phinest porch(es) in da cyber world. Pull up a sit down, kick back, hold on to your plastic and heart!

Lastly, your phav phlavs choices day-um near made me give up on vapin'', way back when; diphph strokes pher diphph pholk!

NTL, so glad to have ya aboard...
thumbsup.gif

Re Chanel (flashback trigger), got a lil' true tale to tattle...

Post my 'Nam 'tour', I knew I desired that Patty be my bride... even after three 'Dear Johnnys' ('nother story). Little did I realize that sending her a small Christmas package of Chanel #5 would be anticipated as an engagement ring prior to unwrapping! She still claims I did that on purpose, which I hadn't. But it sure worked out alright!

Regardless, here we are in 2017 anticipating our 48th anniversary in mid-May; in part thanx to Chanel!

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Dinger! Working or avoiding it?

LOL - uhhhhhh, YES!

I know it's a rough evening when charging my batteries is my height of excitement :blink:

I have tons of tanks to clean, but I'm just not interested at the moment... Which will stress me in the morning because I won't know what tank to take with me to work..... I know, first world problems :D

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Hi folks!

Crikey! Sorry I've not been around for awhile. Werk iz keepin me bizzy. Just wanted to pop in and wish a "belated" Happy New Year (can't even remember if I've been in this thread since then :blink: )
We anticipate your absence up until April 15. No worries. Just stay close to the board the other 9 months, OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread