Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Gary, thank you, I'll have to look at it tomorrow but how come these studies keep coming out yet get headlines are saying we're all gonna die if we vape? :-x
C5EsWr1WMAQSlro.jpg

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I can't seem to find a newer (or older) RTA that will make me put my kayfun Lite Plus V2 back in the box. Any suggestions?

I have a Lemo, Lemo2, Melo, Squape (R), Orchid V4, and every kayfun from V2 to V5. I still keep coming back to the Kayfun Lite Plus V2. I guess after making the rounds the KF is the right one for a 10W puffer.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I can't seem to find a newer (or older) RTA that will make me put my Kayfun Lite Plus V2 back in the box. Any suggestions?

I have a Lemo, Lemo2, Melo, Squape (R), Orchid V4, and every Kayfun from V2 to V5. I still keep coming back to the Kayfun Lite Plus V2. I guess after making the rounds the KF is the right one for a 10W puffer.
If it works that well for you why not just stick with it. But you might want to stock up on parts for the vapicalypse. And over at the Tootle Puffer thread there has been some discussion about using a K bell tank (either flat-top or bell-shaped) with the K base. @Two_Bears who loves Kayfuns and I believe doesnt use much else came up with the instructions and a parts list.

Here is some of how it looks.

Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

But if you're interested Two Bears can point you in the right direction.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
If it works that well for you why not just stick with it. But you might want to stock up on parts for the vapicalypse. And over at the Tootle Puffer thread there has been some discussion about using a K bell tank (either flat-top or bell-shaped) with the K base. @Two_Bears who loves Kayfuns and I believe doesnt use much else came up with the instructions and a parts list.

Here is some of how it looks.

Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

But if you're interested Two Bears can point you in the right direction.

I have a boxful of RTA's and tanks that use pre-made coils. There's always something new coming out, but most are directed toward DTL vapers, since cloud making is the cool thing these days.

Kayfun V2 is easy to build and maintain and has pretty good flavor ability if you coil and wick it right. I was just wondering what's out there that produces great(er) flavor while still being easy to coil and maintain. You never know what's better until you ask.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Bought a new Taifun 3 from Fasttech and it came broken
Now I will have the endure the frustration of trying to communicate with them. It will take weeks because even though I respond immediately, it takes them a few days for each response and they do not always understand (or they pretend not to)

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I have a boxful of RTA's and tanks that use pre-made coils. There's always something new coming out, but most are directed toward DTL vapers, since cloud making is the cool thing these days.

Kayfun V2 is easy to build and maintain and has pretty good flavor ability if you coil and wick it right. I was just wondering what's out there that produces great(er) flavor while still being easy to coil and maintain. You never know what's better until you ask.
Then you might want to check out the Tootle Puffers thread where most of us are MTL and low watts.

A bunch of us are trying out and really liking the joytech ego one tank and the wismec amor tanks. Both take CLR coils. If you're not familiar with the clr coils they are rebuildable. Egos have their own thread.
eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Haven't come across any complaints of red eyes, but have heard of some with sinus issues, most often drainage. Often attributed to a reaction to specific flavors (that seem to vary with the individual.) Haven't had any issues myself, just anecdotal.

Maybe a flavor change, or a change in the PG/VG ratio may help?

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Question from a new vapor to me:
Problems with sinuses and red eyes and feel like it gets worse with vaping.
Anybody else experience this or hear of this?

Sounds like some sort of allergy - to PG or VG or flavors? Do you know what they're vaping?

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I can't seem to find a newer (or older) RTA that will make me put my Kayfun Lite Plus V2 back in the box. Any suggestions?

I have a Lemo, Lemo2, Melo, Squape (R), Orchid V4, and every Kayfun from V2 to V5. I still keep coming back to the Kayfun Lite Plus V2. I guess after making the rounds the KF is the right one for a 10W puffer.
It was a stretch for me to even try a v5. But I have 3. Plus like 22 (or more, I forget) L+v2's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Well thanks for the tips. She will try 100VG for awhile. Next question:
Does anybody know if the AIO will handle 100VG?

I would think it would be o.k. You could always thin it with a bit of distilled water? Or maybe flip the ratio and go 30p/70v?

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I would think it would be o.k. You could always thin it with a bit of distilled water? Or maybe flip the ratio and go 30p/70v?

That's what I was thinking, 70vg. That would be enough of a change to see a difference if it is pg causing the symptoms.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Kenna Wrote: It was a stretch for me to even try a v5. But I have 3. Plus like 22 (or more, I forget) L+v2's.

I ordered a GeekVape Griffin 22mm RTA today from VaporRange for $14.95 with free 7 day shipping. I'm not in a hurry and the free shipping was nice. After Kayfun style decks the Velocity deck might just be what I need to maintain air flow with a 3mm coil.

I trim the Kayfun wick tails on a taper to keep air flow up when they swell with juice. Kayfuns don't have a lot of extra space for air coming out of the deck on the way up the chimney.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Perzacktly!!!!

I'm with Bea and others. If you like em that much, stock up, and quit lookin!

Bought a new Taifun 3 from Fasttech and it came broken
Now I will have the endure the frustration of trying to communicate with them. It will take weeks because even though I respond immediately, it takes them a few days for each response and they do not always understand (or they pretend not to)
I haven't dealt with em at all, but I've heard some folks say that dealing with returns was a B, and others say it was a piece of cake. Hope you get someone there that makes it a piece of cake.

Question from a new vapor to me:
Problems with sinuses and red eyes and feel like it gets worse with vaping.
Anybody else experience this or hear of this?
my first question would be why does it "seem" like it gets worse with vaping. Chances are if it's not really clear that it's worse when she vapes, that it may not be vaping at all. Trying higher VG won't hurt anything of course, and if that clears it up, then great! But where does she live? Mountain Cedar has had my nose running and my eyes itching and burning for about 3 months now, my son is being bothered by it also. I had wondered if there was something in the walls of the house that was making it last this long, but he's bothered by it a lot, and they have been staying at her folk's house (5 mins away) for the last couple of weeks. Pollen.com kept saying the main allergen that was up was juniper. Which shocked me, til I looked it up, and found that juniper is mt cedar! :facepalm: Have always known I was allergic to all cedars and play hell when mt cedar is pollinating. It's usually done by now though. All this to say, it may just be some seasonal allergy that's affecting her, but by all means she can try the higher VG and see if it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread