Status
Not open for further replies.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
In my blog i have a large parts list for kayfun psrts at FT.

In a second blog entry wrote an entry why i use a kayfun.

In a third blog entry has just the parts for my short kayfun that is only 30 mm tall without counting the 510 and drip tip.

The Kayfun i have been using about 17 months is in mg avatar.
Two Bears thanks for helping again.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Another problem I have is fiberglass wick. Did not see that coming either. Used it for years, then boom after some bum coils. When you have allergies you need to learn to be flexible. BT can go screw itself, BP is useless in this case, I will not go back. Fervently hope she's bullheaded enough not to either. Believe me, I'm rooting for her with all I've got.
:shock: OMG. Fiberglass wicks? Are those out there? Anyone know if the AIO or Cubiod coils have fiberglass wicks? Surely not.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
:lol: It is not funny though as that is pretty much exactly how the press sees it, not to mention some states/politicians. I have a little over a month to get every duck I can round up in a row. Not paying those :censored: a penny in tax if I can help it.

Like TJ, all my stuff was put on the market 4-5 years ago. Bought a couple of other things people were fond of but they didn't work for me. Have a tank and mod or two to try on down the line if I so choose to try something "new" but for the long run, I have enough of the old school stuff to keep me from going back to smoking. Talk about the warm fuzzy feeling. :wub:

Red eyes or itchy eyes? My mother has red eyes but that is from chronically, severely painful dry eyes. I have red itchy eyes from an almost nonstop assault of allergens, so it seems to me, but know others are far worse off than I am.

I am allergic to animals (saliva, not dandruff) and I'm pretty sure any regular here can tell you I'd rather die a painful, prolonged death and go straight to hell than live without them. Any of them. Allergy eye drops are a godsend. :nun:

She lives in Burbank. Checked the weather lately (NOT being snarky)? My pollen allergies kick up a day or two after it rains, itchy eyes and sinuses. A neighbor has the same allergies so do a reality check with him and we're always in sync. Does she notice a change with the weather?

Are there any allergies she has that she is aware of?

Some people do have a problem with PG but in the last year or two it has seemed to become the catchall for people looking for an excuse to return to smoking or too lazy to figure out what the real problem is. I am not talking about people here that have been around long enough to know to experiment with mixes to figure out what the problem is.

I developed breathing problems suddenly to vaping. Flummoxed for a while, I eventually realized the VG I was getting was changed to being derived from coconut. I have a mild allergy to coconut and breathing problems would not have been high on my list of symptoms to it. Hives would have been. Go figure.

Another problem I have is fiberglass wick. Did not see that coming either. Used it for years, then boom after some bum coils. When you have allergies you need to learn to be flexible. BT can go screw itself, BP is useless in this case, I will not go back. Fervently hope she's bullheaded enough not to either. Believe me, I'm rooting for her with all I've got.

Had hellacious hay fever for a couple of weeks, to the point where I had scabs around my eyes from the irritation. I was just about to cal the doctor for an allery shot when I noticed t a free sample of juice from MBV that I wasn't really interested and put it on my desk. It had "natural and artificial flavors" in it. Had it been food, the law would have required it to be properly labeled. never opened the bottle and it didn't leak. Had I opened it, I may well have died. Putting it in a ziplock and tossing it solved the problem. Still can't believe it.

There are the rare few that vaping doesn't work out for. I really feel sorry for them especially since I'm working through a maze of problems, vaping and environmental, that are causing me problems at the moment. Please tell her to remain tough and hang in there as we are all rooting for her. It is not an easy conversion for all of us. :(

Hope I made sense, little sleep due to the storms.

quoted because it's, they are, good questions/comments. :)
Thanks FT-very informative and I am sending this to her

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
FWIW, to those of you who order from Chinese suppliers like FastTech, do you use your main credit card or do you use PayPal or some sort of more secure payment vehicle like a reloadable Visa?

What's the most secure method and who are the best suppliers in China with fast shipping?

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
FWIW, to those of you who order from Chinese suppliers like FastTech, do you use your main credit card or do you use PayPal or some sort of more secure payment vehicle like a reloadable Visa?

What's the most secure method and who are the best suppliers in China with fast shipping?
I use Paypal but I use my Paypal Mastercard not the balance in my account. The Mastercard has the same benefits of all other MC's as in it will fight disputes for you etc.
I would rather use Fasttech than Gearbest. My experiences are only with those two. Neither have fast shipping because it gets stuck at customs for however long it takes them to clear it. I have gotten some FT stuff in 10 days and others have taken 2 months

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin

Nothing but Paypal. Trouble-free and secure.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I am old school too. I have tried new tanks and such, but all too airy and sub ohm is not my thing. Good part is I have managed to stock up pretty well on the cheap with clearance sales on old tech.
I know what you mean. I paid $108 (incl shipping) for Kayfun Mini V3. Leaked like a sieve.

I paid $6-7 for this little Kayfun and like it much more than Mini V3. As a matter of fact sold the Mini V3 for $75 and glad to get ANYTHING out of it

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Nothing but Paypal. Trouble-free and secure.
I just psy from my Pay PAL acct. Never one problem. I have bought a LOT of clones andcre sold on eBay till they pulled my eCig listings about a month ago.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

I only order from FT. I chose them because they accept Paypal.

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
I have a box of spare tanks & parts, plus I have all the additional KF's I ordered. All of them are EHPro clones except for the one nano. I still need to order oringsn. Especially for that fill screw!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

:) Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part Four

I've read that the o-rings on the very uncommon ;) keychain screwdriver work for the fillport....

screwdriver.jpg

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
:) Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part Four

I've read that the o-rings on the very uncommon ;) keychain screwdriver work for the fillport....

View attachment 637063

They probably will, but may not fit tightly on the fill screw. That was my problem. Even with the replacement o-rings that come in the kit they would flatten, stretch, and come off every time I filled. I got tired of it and ordered the pack of 50 in the 2mm x 1mm size from www.oringsandmore.com. Those are tight and you have to push them over the screw threads to get them up to the head. So far they stay put every time I remove the fill screw.

Buna 90 O-rings 2 x 1mm Price for 50 pcs

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
If Trump is able to get China to re-evaluate their currency the landscape may change for cheap China prices. That may be a problem for those of us who like cheap prices for good stuff.
Not me. I prepped. :)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

Paypal only :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
FWIW, I've ordered once (Tobecco Kayfun 5 clone) from Eciggity in Hawaii because they had a good price and it was in stock when no one else had it. I ordered it on a Thursday or Friday and it arrived at my home in Georgia on Monday morning.

I was impressed since I chose the cheapest USPS delivery option. 3 or 4 days over a weekend is pretty fast for the distance. It must have been on a flight or two and only touched ground to change planes!

Last edited:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
[emoji38] It is not funny though as that is pretty much exactly how the press sees it, not to mention some states/politicians. I have a little over a month to get every duck I can round up in a row. Not paying those :censored: a penny in tax if I can help it.

Like TJ, all my stuff was put on the market 4-5 years ago. Bought a couple of other things people were fond of but they didn't work for me. Have a tank and mod or two to try on down the line if I so choose to try something "new" but for the long run, I have enough of the old school stuff to keep me from going back to smoking. Talk about the warm fuzzy feeling. :wub:

Red eyes or itchy eyes? My mother has red eyes but that is from chronically, severely painful dry eyes. I have red itchy eyes from an almost nonstop assault of allergens, so it seems to me, but know others are far worse off than I am.

I am allergic to animals (saliva, not dandruff) and I'm pretty sure any regular here can tell you I'd rather die a painful, prolonged death and go straight to hell than live without them. Any of them. Allergy eye drops are a godsend. :nun:

She lives in Burbank. Checked the weather lately (NOT being snarky)? My pollen allergies kick up a day or two after it rains, itchy eyes and sinuses. A neighbor has the same allergies so do a reality check with him and we're always in sync. Does she notice a change with the weather?

Are there any allergies she has that she is aware of?

Some people do have a problem with PG but in the last year or two it has seemed to become the catchall for people looking for an excuse to return to smoking or too lazy to figure out what the real problem is. I am not talking about people here that have been around long enough to know to experiment with mixes to figure out what the problem is.

I developed breathing problems suddenly to vaping. Flummoxed for a while, I eventually realized the VG I was getting was changed to being derived from coconut. I have a mild allergy to coconut and breathing problems would not have been high on my list of symptoms to it. Hives would have been. Go figure.

Had hellacious hay fever for a couple of weeks, to the point where I had scabs around my eyes from the irritation. I was just about to cal the doctor for an allery shot when I noticed t a free sample of juice from MBV that I wasn't really interested and put it on my desk. It had "natural and artificial flavors" in it. Had it been food, the law would have required it to be properly labeled. never opened the bottle and it didn't leak. Had I opened it, I may well have died. Putting it in a ziplock and tossing it solved the problem. Still can't believe it.

There are the rare few that vaping doesn't work out for. I really feel sorry for them especially since I'm working through a maze of problems, vaping and environmental, that are causing me problems at the moment. Please tell her to remain tough and hang in there as we are all rooting for her. It is not an easy conversion for all of us. :(

Hope I made sense, little sleep due to the storms.

quoted because it's, they are, good questions/comments. :)
I normally only have allergy issues in Spring or Fall. One year I suddenly started having the eyes, nosen congestion thing in mid summer. Turned out there was smoke blowing in from Mexico from several fires, one, a factory & warehouse that had who knows what in it. It was wrecking havoc with people all the way into Oklahoma. It was horrible in Houston.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Once it rains and the humidity rises it's all good for me.

Occasionally I'll have a sneezeathon. Almost certain it's due to pollen. I look forward to a good rain to 'flush' da atmosphere and rinse da yellow/greenish deposit from my windshield. Of course da rain just 'encourages mo' pollen...

Unless anybody else gives different input that makes me change my mind I will add 10% distilled water.

Maybe start at 5%; can add mo' if needed. Just my .02 FRN...

I've never had an issue wid PayPal! As to overseas ordering, I've used both FT (often) and GB (occasionally). Shipping times are comparable. If in a rush, definitely avoid da Chinese holidays! Both sites do give ample warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread