Myrany & Tutu!

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Haven't been around for a while, family issues. All is well.

I want to wish @Myrany and very happy 4th vaperversary! We have the same quit date and I didn't remember until the 15th of March because I was a day off in the calendar in my head. Nothing new and shinny here to celebrate, just trying to stock on coils before CA D-Day on 1 April, though no one seems to know exactly what the tax will be or what it covers and I have no budget to work with. :( Way to go CA.

Happy Fourth Vaperversary Myrany!

1b533cac6652cf67f871d1daf0dc9e52.jpg
Happy Vapeversary to you too Flamingo!!!!!

I totally forgot about it. I think it was our 4th.

For those worrying...I am fine I just have not been online much in quite awhile. With the warmer weather the hands are not aching so much and I have been getting real world things done while I have the opportunity.

Latest vaping toy is a SMOK Alien 220. I am SO loving this thing. Even chain vaping at my little 15-20 watts I can go all day without changing batteries. Why oh why did I resist dual battery mods so long? The side button on the thing is wonderful since it is pretty much the entire side which lets me basically squeeze it with all my fingers and is so much easier on sore hands.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Happy Vapeversary to you too Flamingo!!!!!

I totally forgot about it. I think it was our 4th.

For those worrying...I am fine I just have not been online much in quite awhile. With the warmer weather the hands are not aching so much and I have been getting real world things done while I have the opportunity.

Latest vaping toy is a SMOK Alien 220. I am SO loving this thing. Even chain vaping at my little 15-20 watts I can go all day without changing batteries. Why oh why did I resist dual battery mods so long? The side button on the thing is wonderful since it is pretty much the entire side which lets me basically squeeze it with all my fingers and is so much easier on sore hands.
Happy Vaperversary! I'm happy to hear you aren't hurting as much & are able to get things done. That is wonderful news!

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I just got a new signature to replace the one that died months ago. Discovered it's my 2 1/2 year anniversary.

A while ago I got some 1/4" id silicone tubing. It was part of an idea I had for rewicking Nautilus coils, which didn't work out.

Anyway it's pothole season in Indiana and that always makes me nervous about vaping and driving. Heading out for work at 6.00 in the morning in the dark I could hit a big one while I was taking a hit and lose a tooth. That silicone tubing fits perfectly over a drip tip. It works with most drip tips because it's so flexible and stretchy. I leave a 1/4" or so sticking out past the drip tip. Looks a bit dorky but I don't have to worry about potholes. It actually feels better on the lips than stainless too.

I got 10' of the silicone tubing for $9 which will last me forever.

I thought about trying silicone drip tips a few times but every time I looked they were out of stock.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I just got a new signature to replace the one that died months ago. Discovered it's my 2 1/2 year anniversary.

A while ago I got some 1/4" id silicone tubing. It was part of an idea I had for rewicking Nautilus coils, which didn't work out.

Anyway it's pothole season in Indiana and that always makes me nervous about vaping and driving. Heading out for work at 6.00 in the morning in the dark I could hit a big one while I was taking a hit and lose a tooth. That silicone tubing fits perfectly over a drip tip. It works with most drip tips because it's so flexible and stretchy. I leave a 1/4" or so sticking out past the drip tip. Looks a bit dorky but I don't have to worry about potholes. It actually feels better on the lips than stainless too.

I got 10' of the silicone tubing for $9 which will last me forever.

I thought about trying silicone drip tips a few times but every time I looked they were out of stock.
That is a great idea!

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

Zen Knitter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2016
Gold country, Calif.
Haven't been around for a while, family issues. All is well.

I want to wish @Myrany and very happy 4th vaperversary! We have the same quit date and I didn't remember until the 15th of March because I was a day off in the calendar in my head. Nothing new and shinny here to celebrate, just trying to stock on coils before CA D-Day on 1 April, though no one seems to know exactly what the tax will be or what it covers and I have no budget to work with. :( Way to go CA.

Happy Fourth Vaperversary Myrany!

1b533cac6652cf67f871d1daf0dc9e52.jpg
@Flamingo tutu, I spoke with a local b&m (with 3stores). The California tax is 30% on nicotine!!! It is their plan to charge a separate fee for the nic and separate fee for the juice. They have not decided to bottle separately, or mix as a courtesy. But they have to pay the 30% upfront when they buy the nic.
So for them, here in Ca. It would be simple to charge two items, to save their customers. Not just customers money, but save the relationship with customers. I was told nothing else would be taxed at that rate. So we shall see.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
You don't have cold weather in FL. :pervy:

Oh yes we do! This year, OK, maybe only 2 or 3, but North Central Florida where I live we usually have a few freezes. For me, with business travel I see much more cold, but for you, yes, you get COLD! You can have it! :pervy::D

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I know they won't take PayPal for any Aspire products, it is possible there are other brands as well but none that I am aware of.

Aspire is the only line I know of that that's the case - due to Aspire. The usual work-around is to "order" other things that come to the same amount (or a tad higher), pay with paypal, cancel that order for a gift cert instead of refund, and use the gift cert for the Aspire products. I believe it has to do with FT selling at less than Aspire's "recommended" bottom price.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Aspire is the only line I know of that that's the case - due to Aspire. The usual work-around is to "order" other things that come to the same amount (or a tad higher), pay with paypal, cancel that order for a gift cert instead of refund, and use the gift cert for the Aspire products. I believe it has to do with FT selling at less than Aspire's "recommended" bottom price.
And, Erlkonigen clones.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
FastTech wouldn't take PayPal for devices? Is there a limit on PayPal at FastTech or has PayPal refused to process mod purchases?
I purchased one with my paypal one week, and the next, it said that a credit card had to be used because I had selected another. So I took the device off the list and have not purchased one since. I had purchased several previously. One in particular gave me lots of problems and it took about 6 months for them to agree to take it back. could be why they want a credit card for me on them.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Is it common to re-wick that often?
I rewick every 2-3 days just because I want a clean tank with good flavor. I only recoil about once a month or depending on need. I have had a great Clapton in my aromamizer for almost a year that dry burns out great and never gets distorted.
I

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
@Flamingo tutu, I spoke with a local b&m (with 3stores). The California tax is 30% on nicotine!!! It is their plan to charge a separate fee for the nic and separate fee for the juice. They have not decided to bottle separately, or mix as a courtesy. But they have to pay the 30% upfront when they buy the nic.
So for them, here in Ca. It would be simple to charge two items, to save their customers. Not just customers money, but save the relationship with customers. I was told nothing else would be taxed at that rate. So we shall see.
This is contrary to what I have heard. Hence goes the uncertainty that always accompany these changes eh? I will find and post the paper clipping someone in CA sent me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread