Not open for further replies.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I still would like to buy one more dna. I use the 4 that I have daily and like my 133 and 200 the best but the 75's are nearly the same. The 133 I wanted to get seemed high priced at the time and now has been upgraded to a 166 still same price around $150. Oh and the 200 I have is the Triade and it doesn't even seem big to me anymore. It fits so well in the hand so at home I use my fav flavor Creme Brule and Cream in my authentic K5 which is for some reason just a little better then the Tobecco, especially on the 1 pip setting just a hair tighter and just right. Use the largest MTL insert on the Tobeccos making them about the same for my vaping style which is partially lung and partially MTL don't know if there is a name for that. Thought I'd try to breathe a little life into this thread. Haven't been here for a while oh and while my Triade is my fave ecig it is a little to big for the pocket. I see they are still available but have to check if they are still a 200 or a 250. That 200 board is a heck of a good board.

I thought you were a confirmed SX user. When did the DNA's take you over?

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
VAPE story:
I've been walking around my neighborhood for a while now each day. Once around is 1 mile, etc...
there is this 22 yo (Argen) who is often out smoking and he often asks me how I like the vaping. His friend vapes and has been trying to get him to switch.
This week he did switch, but had not bought any e-liquid. Just got his tank filled by his friend. He knows I make my own, and tonight I broke down and made some for him. Reluctantly. Her seems sincerer enough, but I honestly don't want to become his supplier.
So, when he runs out, I plan on telling him that I've purchased enough for me but don't want to supply anyone else and he really needs to either start making his own, or get his r-end in gear and order his own.
Still, it's nice that he wants to start on the vaping now instead of waiting 30 years.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Here is the reason I am getting reluctant to start others vaping. Maybe some of you can relate. It then becomes 'my problem'
My problem if their gear stops working because they are not doing what they are supposed to do (charge the battery)
My problem if their coil stops putting out vapor like they want it to
My problem when it tastes's different the next day....
I always tell people to get informed and show them how to learn where I have learned but they would rather call me and bother me ;(
It is not so bad if I have contributed the gear because if they decide they cannot get along with it then I do not feel remorse
BUT if they bought the gear because I suggested it and then it ends up not working right I feel obliged to meet with them and trouble shoot. Some people just do not want to learn the hassles that go along with it. We do not think of them as hassles but sometimes others do.
Bear in mind I work in mental health, peeps that smoke like fiends. This is the population I am usually helping convert.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
'Tis a conundrum.

I don't think any of us want to become juice supplier to the world, or un-ending tech support for the lazy. And I also think most of us would like to see the harm reduction of vaping spread around. (And because the more who vape, the louder the noise it's possible to make against the nay-sayers.)

Other than a few close friends and family, I try to restrict myself to talking about the benefits I've seen in myself, what gear I use and why, pointers to where to get info (like ECF) and which sites are good to buy from. Along with basic safety, maintenance, and troubleshooting info. And maybe the address of a local shop where I know the folk are helpful and responsible, i.e. looking to help people switch and generate repeat business ;)

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
We actually have a shop in town now that is fantastic at getting newbies started in a reasonable manner. I tend to take new VVerts there and let the shop take over. :)

Cuts down on my frustration factor and gives them a good outlet for the support they are going to need along the way.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
VAPE story:

I always tell people to get informed and show them how to learn where I have learned but they would rather call me and bother me ;(

Excellent topic to review, again! Tis been a while...

Yesteryears - Used to carry spare eGo batts/eMDCCs/joose in my Tahoe to have available fer my ol' v-verts and possible new ones; at my cost, no profit. Vape-verted over 50 folk locally. Unfortunately, da long term success rate was discouraging. Although, some have returned to vaping after a 'bakky relapse.

Did a LOT of 'babysitting' back then! Twas worth it though...

Today - Let folk try my setups/jooses to see if vaping would interest them. If interested, I send 'em to a local vape shop with an excellent reputation and reasonable prices. No, it's not TW!

If they're interested in my joose flavors/low production costs (~nickle/ml fer moi) I give them links to da ECF fer instruction/guidance and several on-line suppliers. TBH, almost all just buy from da B&Ms due to convenience.

Actually, I'm amazed how much da vaping community has grown 'round my area; including all adult age groups! Tis a grand endeavor...

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I thought you were a confirmed SX user. When did the DNA's take you over?
It's been close to a year, the SX's are also really good but the DNA has an edge with their FW upgrades plus the new SX is over $200 for the J. I still use 2 of my SX's I'm using the first model that came out with the adjustable TCR but using one on power with my Kabuki the other is set for SS and I put my newer ones, the ones just before the Q away for later use. The DNA's as far as I am concerned knocked it out of the park for SS and temp control. The 200 board is excellent.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
but you haven't seen potholes unless you've been to Portland, OR
You should see Spokane. I don't know how many have had tires cut, rims bent. We had a really weird late winter where it would warm up melt for a day or two refreeze snow melt again and over and over really takes it's toll. They try to patch the worst but now with all the rain we have had the fix usually lasts a few days. It is a mess.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
'Tis a conundrum.

I don't think any of us want to become juice supplier to the world, or un-ending tech support for the lazy. And I also think most of us would like to see the harm reduction of vaping spread around. (And because the more who vape, the louder the noise it's possible to make against the nay-sayers.)

Other than a few close friends and family, I try to restrict myself to talking about the benefits I've seen in myself, what gear I use and why, pointers to where to get info (like ECF) and which sites are good to buy from. Along with basic safety, maintenance, and troubleshooting info. And maybe the address of a local shop where I know the folk are helpful and responsible, i.e. looking to help people switch and generate repeat business ;)
That's what I do too. I wish every smoker would either just quit smoking or switch to vaping but they have to really want to. I subscribe to the "you can lead a horse to water but cant make it drink" philosophy.

I cant afford to supply people with the necessary stuff to vape but I gladly give them the same kind of info and advice you do.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

It sounded like someone was trying to break into the house there at the end. :lol: I'm glad I don't use their flavors, I have enough problems with the ones I do use that switching the recipes would put me over the edge. Hope they get it straightened out.

VAPE story:
I've been walking around my neighborhood for a while now each day. Once around is 1 mile, etc...
there is this 22 yo (Argen) who is often out smoking and he often asks me how I like the vaping. His friend vapes and has been trying to get him to switch.
This week he did switch, but had not bought any e-liquid. Just got his tank filled by his friend. He knows I make my own, and tonight I broke down and made some for him. Reluctantly. Her seems sincerer enough, but I honestly don't want to become his supplier.
So, when he runs out, I plan on telling him that I've purchased enough for me but don't want to supply anyone else and he really needs to either start making his own, or get his r-end in gear and order his own.
Still, it's nice that he wants to start on the vaping now instead of waiting 30 years.

I don't blame you. Plus, the sooner he becomes self-reliant the better with deeming, state taxes, etc.

Here is the reason I am getting reluctant to start others vaping. Maybe some of you can relate. It then becomes 'my problem'
My problem if their gear stops working because they are not doing what they are supposed to do (charge the battery)
My problem if their coil stops putting out vapor like they want it to
My problem when it tastes's different the next day....
It is not so bad if I have contributed the gear because if they decide they cannot get along with it then I do not feel remorse
BUT if they bought the gear because I suggested it and then it ends up not working right I feel obliged to meet with them and trouble shoot. Some people just do not want to learn the hassles that go along with it. We do not think of them as hassles but sometimes others do.
Bear in mind I work in mental health, peeps that smoke like fiends. This is the population I am usually helping convert.

I've heard a lot of griping about these types of things. Seems to wear folks down and I don't blame them. Fell off my chair the first time Iffy said he was losing interest. Unfortunately I haven't been able to convert anyone, I'm pretty isolated, but would love to. Don't think I'd want to hold their hand for months on end though. Everything I know about vaping I learned on ECF.

Often it boils down to how badly someone wants to quit. I was beyond desperate but was still stunned at how much I learned here about smoking and BT. Flat out floored. I wish that information was more prevalent on ECF these days as it might kick more people into gear that are dropping by ECF to check out vaping. Haven't been to the noob section in a long while and perhaps it's discussed more there.

It's really weird sitting here reminiscing about the "good old days" of three or four years ago. :cry:

You should see Spokane. I don't know how many have had tires cut, rims bent. We had a really weird late winter where it would warm up melt for a day or two refreeze snow melt again and over and over really takes it's toll. They try to patch the worst but now with all the rain we have had the fix usually lasts a few days. It is a mess.

Yeah, you guys got clobbered too. When I look up my parents' doppler radar I get yours also. You know, in Oregon you don't tan, you rust. Not like the PNW hasn't seen rain before but I've never see that many, or large, potholes there. Man-eaters I tell you. Might want to go with those silicone DTs while driving. :) We're going up again shortly and I'm packing one to finally try. Bonus points because it glows in the dark. :lol:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I just have found that new VVerts succeed more often the sooner I cut the apron strings. Until I do they put the responsibility for success on me and are prone to find all kinds of excuses why it is not working for them. I let them try a few things to get their interest and then take the to the store (I go with them as moral support). The store takes over from there. It seems like they take responsibility for their own successes and failures much sooner and educate themselves for success.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I have 2 strong VVerts. One, who converted several years ago, saw me vaping, asked, then went off on her own. She lives in Canada and I see her about once a year. Still vaping strong, does her research, and is very happy I introduced her to it.

The other is Geordi's breeder. Yes, I have to hold her hand a bit, but she buys her own equipment and juice. I do clean/rebuild her coils, and answer any questions happily. She has not 100% quit the cigarettes, but vapes more as time goes by.

BTW, her husband, who I believe I reported had an aneurysm burst in his brain in October, is now back to full time work and doing fine. It has been an amazing recovery. If I ever saw a real miracle, he is it.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I just have found that new VVerts succeed more often the sooner I cut the apron strings. Until I do they put the responsibility for success on me and are prone to find all kinds of excuses why it is not working for them. I let them try a few things to get their interest and then take the to the store (I go with them as moral support). The store takes over from there. It seems like they take responsibility for their own successes and failures much sooner and educate themselves for success.

Excellent observation!

BTW, her husband, who I believe I reported had an aneurysm burst in his brain in October, is now back to full time work and doing fine. It has been an amazing recovery. If I ever saw a real miracle, he is it.

Grand news!

Vape?

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2016
Bribie Island, Australia
Looking at the talk about helping new vapours. I remain indebted here, I was near insanity trying to teach myself, and so lucky to find the porches. Now that I have my own Nic in freezer, i recently turned someone down. A few had started and were sharing the shipping costs of us premade eliquid. No Nic in au. They didn't time their order and wanted to buy some from me to doctor their 0%. I'm still waiting on my flavours, should be any day now. Been a year for me, plus a bit. Thanks for the help, guys.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Looking at the talk about helping new vapours. I remain indebted here, I was near insanity trying to teach myself, and so lucky to find the porches. Now that I have my own Nic in freezer, i recently turned someone down. A few had started and were sharing the shipping costs of us premade eliquid. No Nic in au. They didn't time their order and wanted to buy some from me to doctor their 0%. I'm still waiting on my flavours, should be any day now. Been a year for me, plus a bit. Thanks for the help, guys.
Yay! We are proud of you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I guess I am in the group that hasn't had much luck getting anyone to convert. My neighbors both smoke and had tried vaping but went back to smoking after a short time. They just don't want to talk about the time they spent vaping or why it wasn't for them. Another friend again just says he tried it and it didn't work. I don't get out often so the internet (FB) is my main means of keeping up with friends and family. I talk about the changes I have observed in myself and how finding a friendly B&M and also how helpful folks are here on ECF. I have to agree with the fact that a person has to want to quit smoking for vaping to work. With a desire to quit smoking some of us put the cigs down the first time vaping was tried. Others of us duel vaped for a period of time before we quit. I duel vaped and when I decided to finally put the cigs down I set a date, my birthday, as the time to put them down for good. It was still difficult for me to give up my old friend. For me, quitting was 100% mental. I am very happy that I was able to put the cigs down for good. The good folks here really made the transition easier but it wouldn't have happened if I had not had a desire to put them down for good.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida

Congratulations on 1 year! You've come a long way baby! :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread