Status
Not open for further replies.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
vape?" data-source="post: 19383469" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
vape? said:
Thanks, I've got my vaping stuff pretty squared away. Just got an email this morning from UPS. They grabbed my flavourings from ecigexpress, and have them in quarantine. Snarf! Now they want an origin/ composition of ingredients/ end use declaration from them, and I get to pay extra for quarantine processing. Wasn't even any Nic in there.
I think it's a mental addiction to the hand to mouth activity for lots of smokers. They don't fare well by quitting with nicotine gum or other quit methods, but vaping seems to keep the hands busy while providing an inhale and exhale activity. It's not the nic as much as it is the "hobby" aspect of vaping that satisfies. You still get to do all the things you did while smoking, but without the dangerous chemicals in the cigarette smoke.

Finding a juice that provides a suitable mouth feel and flavor is the crucial step once a smoker starts to vape.
XACTLY RIGHT!!!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Thanks, I've got my vaping stuff pretty squared away. Just got an email this morning from UPS. They grabbed my flavourings from EcigExpress, and have them in quarantine. Snarf! Now they want an origin/ composition of ingredients/ end use declaration from them, and I get to pay extra for quarantine processing. Wasn't even any Nic in there.

That's another situation where government doesn't understand. You'd think that they'd grab a cigarette shipment and require the user to prove it's safe! At least they'd be doing something to protect the health of a smoker. Why mess with ejuice flavorings?

Riplea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2010
IL
That's another situation where government doesn't understand. You'd think that they'd grab a cigarette shipment and require the user to prove it's safe! At least they'd be doing something to protect the health of a smoker. Why mess with ejuice flavorings?

Just guessing but the order was from Ecigexpress? Maybe their name was on the outside of package and caused it to get pulled?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Just guessing but the order was from Ecigexpress? Maybe their name was on the outside of package and caused it to get pulled?

Maybe they thought there was hardware inside that they could confiscate, lose it in the system, and take it home to use themselves. Everybody likes free stuff!

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
When you deal with the government, intelligence and common sense are absent.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Thanks, I've got my vaping stuff pretty squared away. Just got an email this morning from UPS. They grabbed my flavourings from EcigExpress, and have them in quarantine. Snarf! Now they want an origin/ composition of ingredients/ end use declaration from them, and I get to pay extra for quarantine processing. Wasn't even any Nic in there.
Ridiculous.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I don't know if I know Debbie, FULL STOP, yes I do, cyclone Debbie,as opposed to Deb? I just realised I have been thinking of you as flaming tutu, mentally, as opposed to Flamingo tutu. Just now, your avatar came into my mental registry. Oldtimers brain fritz.
My daughters family nickname is II (2). I have many variations to go with that. Tootie, Rootytoot. You get the idea. I'll have to remember Flaming Tutu! That's a good one!

Last edited:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Good Evening dwellers spring has sprung and soon I will be able to vape on the front porch again!

Aha, ya finally ordered sum silicone drip tips...
giggle.gif

Vape?

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2016
Bribie Island, Australia
Ridiculous.

I thought so, but you can buy e liquid flavourings here, even the same brands. But I couldn't find the variety all in one place. Once customs quarantines, verbal isn't useful, they want everything documented. Then every document you send them, they charge 30$ A pop.

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Telling them what's in the flavors is practically impossible. If we knew that we could mix our own! :)
But wut you use if for?
(Insert, tired, weepy, sad, distraught voice here)
Oh... but it's for the children. For cookies and cakes. It's been so long I'm afraid they've forgotten what goodies taste like. The sadness in their teary eyes just cuts like a knife. I suppose I'll just have to tell them it's illegal to have treats anymore. (insert series of sobs here)

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Then every document you send them, they charge 30$ A pop.

OK, da hell wid my cursing, what da phuque?!?!? <Sorry, got caught...>

Vape?, what if I sent ya sum cookie/cookin'/soap/hand lotion/aerosol/tea flavs? Hell, might even be able to source sum beaver .... gland extract (AKA raspberry/strawberry/vanilla... seriously...).
icon_wink.gif

<sigh...>

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

Vape?, what if I sent ya sum cookie/cookin'/soap/hand lotion/aerosol/tea flavs? Hell, might even be able to source sum beaver .... gland extract (AKA raspberry/strawberry/vanilla... seriously...).
icon_wink.gif

<sigh...>

DO send that last, label it prominently NICOTINE and hope they open it? :evil:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I mixed up 200ml of unflavored this afternoon, along with 300ml of various tobacco flavors. That ought to last me a couple of months. I still have several hundred milliliters in partial bottles in the closet. You can never have enough juice or enough flavors (that you like)!

Vape?

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2016
Bribie Island, Australia
Maybe they thought there was hardware inside that they could confiscate, lose it in the system, and take it home to use themselves. Everybody likes free stuff!
Nope, no hardware. Flavours, small beakers and blunt tip syringes.

Vape?

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2016
Bribie Island, Australia

icon_wink.gif

<sigh...>
Aah, got email from EcigExpress express, says they are working with Ups to get it released.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Hell, might even be able to source sum beaver .... gland extract (AKA raspberry/strawberry/vanilla... seriously...).

That's funny....Raspberry and strawberry are IMO the worst flavors in any juice. Yaeliq would give a free 100ml bottle on your birthday if you told them when you ordered. What flavor do you think I got....frikken raspberry, it was no birthday gift as far as I was concerned, opened up the bottle took a sniff and YUK. It sat for probably well over a year before I gave it away. Blueberry is another beaver .... secretion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread