Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I stopped at 22W due to da vape getting quite warm, without hardly any vapor. Kinda reminded me of my ol' cartridge days...

BTW, I vape da 1.8 coil at 17W. I may try da .15 in a Kabuki, or maybe not...
I couldn't go over 11 or so at 1.8. Burned my juices & gunked coils.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Hey all, been a LONG time since I dropped in here. My bad.
Maybe having to go on Medicare this year kinda reminded me that I'm comfortable here?:D

Anyway, hope you all are getting by.
Welcome back! Medicare is not a requirement for Porch entry!

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I use 1.0 to 1.2 on 13 - 14.5 watts. Any higher h flavor goes poof!

I think it depends on how your getting your low ohms. Mine is a single wire 26awg 6 wraps SS but if you are getting your low ohms due to dual coils or any of those fancy wire braids then yes it takes more power. Mine at 13.5 puts out so much vapor you can hardly see even though it is .5 ohms..
Hey jmur don't think I've ever talked to you before so Howdy. Welcome hows it going:headbang:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Breaking news - The folks in Indiana overcame the BS legislation in Indiana that Pence signed into law. @Hoosier , @Bill Godshall and others fought that legislation doggedly and they won. They freaking won. I unabashedly applaud them all with a standing ovation, fireworks, party at my place, free booze, whatever they want (great view of the horizon since all the trees died). They have saved lives, many lives, we owe the a debt of gratitude none of us can fully repay. Everybody please cheer, not that I need to ask.

2bd26119db0dab14aa4f7f9142f4e120.jpg

Yea, I got some updating to do on my storage now also...

Jup. :oops: Please let me know when you get off your .... so I can be shamed into getting off mine. I know I need to, but I think I'm at the point, after four years, of needing to be shamed into it.

Y'all, Legs is helping me place an order fot orings. I've been trying to make an order for 2 years witbout success. I am Discalculate. I have issues with numbers. It does not extend to $ numbers thank goodness. But there are some formats & concepts that just make my mind go blank. Even what most would consider basic math causes me problems. It's like somewhere along the line my brain just stops firing. This is what I'm running into with the oring order. I think after trying (with eyes crossed) for 2 years to complete selection, get it all into a cart, & pay for it, I just need to ask for help. I literally cannot click the link provided & just order. And I have no clue why I can order other things without problem but these make my mind go blank. But Legs is getting it done for me for which I am eternally grateful! Thanks for all the Porcher help!

Legs, thank you, you go frozen dude! :thumb: Has your snow melted yet?

datz da daffynition of newly wedz, right?

I had a really cool azzed retort for you when I quoted you but for the life of me, I have no idea what it was now. Just, never mind. I do want to commend you on your spelling becoming phenomenal lately. :)

Maybe having to go on Medicare this year kinda reminded me that I'm comfortable here?:D

Welcome back! Glad to see you again. :) You didn't have permission to leave, go sit in the corner on Iffy's crab pot. :grr:

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I couldn't go over 11 or so at 1.8. Burned my juices & gunked coils.

Same here! I am usually at 1.5-1.8 Ω and 10-12 watts. My comfy spot. Otherwise it gets too hot for my tastes.

Breaking news - The folks in Indiana overcame the BS legislation in Indiana that Pence signed into law.
:lol::banana::rickroll::thumbs::lol::banana::rickroll::thumbs::lol::banana::rickroll::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

VICTORY! YES!! (yea, I'm shouting!)

@jmur , welcome back!!! Don't be a stranger, although some of us are kinda strange...:rolleyes: :cry: :shock:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Breaking news - The folks in Indiana overcame the BS legislation in Indiana that Pence signed into law. @Hoosier , @Bill Godshall and others fought that legislation doggedly and they won. They freaking won. I unabashedly applaud them all with a standing ovation, fireworks, party at my place, free booze, whatever they want (great view of the horizon since all the trees died). They have saved lives, many lives, we owe the a debt of gratitude none of us can fully repay. Everybody please cheer, not that I need to ask.

!! Just took a long hard vape in appreciation for the hard work done by CASAA and others to save vaping in Indiana!

If anyone's interested that vape was FA Cheesecake Graham at 5%. I'm branching out from my tobacco vapes and trying some fruit and dessert flavors. This one isn't bad at all. At 5% it's just a hint of the Cheesecake with Graham Crust but it's a nice excursion from the tobacco flavors.

FA Cuban Supreme at 1% is another new flavor for me that's a nice vape with more tobacco notes. I'll probably up that one in increments to find the sweet spot, but it has promise. I like to start low and work up.

Last edited:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA

Jup. :oops: Please let me know when you get off your .... so I can be shamed into getting off mine. I know I need to, but I think I'm at the point, after four years, of needing to be shamed into it.

Yay! Pence kinda had to sign that billn. He had a Dem Legislature tjat drafted & pushed it through, & if he had refused it would have gone back to them & been pushed through again. $$$ It needed to go the way it did to get it exposed & shut down for good. Thank goodness Hoosier et all got it out there for everyone to see & jump on! Woohoo!

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana

Legs, thank you, you go frozen dude! :thumb: Has your snow melted yet?

I had a really cool azzed retort for you when I quoted you but for the life of me, I have no idea what it was now. Just, never mind. I do want to commend you on your spelling becoming phenomenal lately. :)

Welcome back! Glad to see you again. :) You didn't have permission to leave, go sit in the corner on Iffy's crab pot. :grr:
    While it is good news for Indiana, unfortunately too me my good companies already closed or moved out of state. Lots of damage has already been done that can't be undone.

tapatalking drive by

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Yay! Pence kinda had to sign that billn. He had a Dem Legislature tjat drafted & pushed it through, & if he had refused it would have gone back to them & been pushed through again. $$$ It needed to go the way it did to get it exposed & shut down for good. Thank goodness Hoosier et all got it out there for everyone to see & jump on! Woohoo!

I've heard this one many times and I always wondered where it came from. Indiana is as solid republican as it's possible to get. The Pubs have a total lock on the legislature and have forever. The plan was designed and pushed through by Pubs. I've picked up that a handful of Dems were involved in the back story. They are all equally corrupt round here.

On Pence my guess is he didn't know what it was about and wouldn't have cared if he did know, and he signed it because it was being promoted by influential members of his Party.

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    I've heard this one many times and I always wondered where it came from. Indiana is as solid republican as it's possible to get. The Pubs have a total lock on the legislature and have forever. The plan was designed and pushed through by Pubs. I've picked up that a handful of Dems were involved in the back story. They are all equally corrupt round here.

On Pence my guess is he didn't know what it was about and wouldn't have cared if he did know, and he signed it because it was being promoted by influential members of his Party.
    QFT.

tapatalking drive by

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Vaping has taken its toll on tobacco sales as has the number of people who quit smoking altogether. Some vaped to quit and some used other various means to quit.

The decline in smoking has cause the annual tobacco settlement payments to decline. I fear that vaping could be the next cash cow, but there's no reason to blame vaping for the sins of tobacco companies.

As cigarette sales shrink, so do tobacco settlement payouts to states

Many have criticized how states have utilized the money.

"This year, for fiscal year 2016, the states will collect over $25 billion from the settlement and tobacco taxes combined — all tobacco-related revenue," said John Schachter, a spokesman for the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids. "And yet they've budgeted less than 2 percent of that — not even $500 million for tobacco prevention and cessation programs."

Schachter added, “We’re not asking for a ton of it to be spent on tobacco prevention and cessation, but certainly more than 2 percent that they’re spending on it. If they just spent a little more than that, they could fully fund these programs up to levels that the CDC recommends.”

<snip>

But things have gotten worse for those states since then, as it turns out, because fewer people are smoking cigarettes. Sales are shrinking, and since the settlement amounts are tied to those sales, states are seeing about a 4.5 percent decrease in payments each year.

"The number of people smoking has been decreasing by 4 to 5 percent yearly for a decade now," said Jim Estes, a professor of finance at California State University, San Bernardino. "The feeling is a lot of the tobacco bonds that were issued will basically have no money to sustain them after 2026, 2024 — depends on the stat you're looking at."

In the meantime, Estes said, some regions have begun taxing vaping and e-cigarettes as a way to raise revenue.

"There may be a total of 13 or 14 states, cities and counties that have taxed vaping," he said. "Everybody else is kind of looking at it."

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    While it is good news for Indiana, unfortunately too me my good companies already closed or moved out of state. Lots of damage has already been done that can't be undone.

tapatalking drive by
    Yes, & that stinks so much. I really hope at least some of them come back. For them, for vapers, & for you! I was so angry about that whole dishonest, & completely unethical thing. A State created monopoly. Sheesh.

garyoa1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Our sad state of affairs...

Joe: Hay Jack. Vote yes on this bill.
    Jack: Why? What's it about?
    Joe: No clue, but Ralph proposed it.
    Jack: Oh, Ralph? No problem. Consider it done.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA

Medicare was a welcome relief from high health insurance rates. Before MC my wife and I were paying about $1500/mo for health insurance together. Now, her cost is about $800 and mine is $107 a month out of my SS check and an additional $120 for a supplemental policy. In 3 years she will hit 65 and hers will be similar to mine.

Medicare is a good thing. It's too bad we can't have the entire country covered by the same plan.

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Vaping has taken its toll on tobacco sales as has the number of people who quit smoking altogether. Some vaped to quit and some used other various means to quit.

The decline in smoking has cause the annual tobacco settlement payments to decline. I fear that vaping could be the next cash cow, but there's no reason to blame vaping for the sins of tobacco companies.

As cigarette sales shrink, so do tobacco settlement payouts to states
    Texas h afew other states took a lump sum single payout. Nothing was borrowed against it. Ecigs are taxed the same as anything else as far as I can tell. We did impose age restrictions, h I've never even had to sign for anything unless seller requires a signed proof of delivery. I don't shop in b&m's, so I could be wrong. I ordered my Hex Ohms from Austin & Dallas but no restrictions. I may order some juice from CV in Austin just to see.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread