Status
Not open for further replies.

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
I got my CI new about a year and a half ago from Lodge. they had a thick layer of "seasoning" and a rough surface. I sanded those down mostly smooth and cook an awful lot of bacon, save the grease, season with grease, cook with grease, etc. I can't use olive oil since my wife is allergic to it.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Morning, wanted to bring this to the porch :)

So here is my finished polished Asmodus Minikin V2 Kodama. This is a limited edition Black and red with a rainbow sparkle flake resin. Finest example of this mod.

Had all the wires replaced too with thicker gauge ones.....not to mention the solder

The pictures really don't capture the full effect or the difference when you hold it, it's a sheet of glass finish, it's perfect.

This was the result.

I am absolutely made up. Asmodus, take note, this is how your mods should leave the factory, especially for the money they are asking.

eqqd7l.jpg

hsl64k.jpg

2cpzyud.jpg

sv3yph.jpg

34931bd.jpg

2ro2efa.jpg

1z1saow.jpg

1408zud.jpg

Zen Knitter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2016
Gold country, Calif.

So here is my finished polished Asmodus Minikin V2 Kodama. This is a limited edition Black and red with a rainbow sparkle flake resin. Finest example of this mod.

Had all the wires replaced too with thicker gauge ones.....not to mention the solder

The pictures really don't capture the full effect or the difference when you hold it, it's a sheet of glass finish, it's perfect.

This was the result.

I am absolutely made up. Asmodus, take note, this is how your mods should leave the factory, especially for the money they are asking.

eqqd7l.jpg

hsl64k.jpg

2cpzyud.jpg

sv3yph.jpg

34931bd.jpg

2ro2efa.jpg

1z1saow.jpg

1408zud.jpg
@Rixsta well please tell us how you turned this into a glass like finish!! Beautiful

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
and Glittery
Sparkle flake :)
Loves me some shiny
@Rixsta well please tell us how you turned this into a glass like finish!! Beautiful
I didn't do it, guy in the vape shop took it home and polished it for me BUT.....

I can tell you what he used.

Micro-Mesh Soft Touch Pad Abrasives

Not had a look if they are sold in the US, I'm from across the pond.

You work through the grits from 1500 to 120000, takes about four hours he said.

I wasn't brave enough as I know the first 1500 pad makes the mod very dull, even puts fine scratch marks in the resin but as you work through each grade of grit it removes them and gets polished to a glass like finish and brings out all the colors and patterns in the grain.

If he messed it up, I simple wouldn't of bought the mod lol (much safer)

I know @Mark Todd uses them, I'm sure he would be proud of this mod as he owns one too...

No wax or anything was used other than those pads. It feels like marble in the hand, you can't tell the difference between the resin and the wood, they feel the same, incredible finish and thank you, I agree, it is beautiful.

If the mod ever breaks, I will simply buy a normal Minikin V2 and get the guy to replace the internals :)

Asmodus did a great job at making this mod, no gaps, nothing, only to fail at the end.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

This was the result.

eqqd7l.jpg

hsl64k.jpg

2cpzyud.jpg

sv3yph.jpg

34931bd.jpg

2ro2efa.jpg

1z1saow.jpg

1408zud.jpg

Wow! Amazing finish.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah

This was the result.

eqqd7l.jpg

hsl64k.jpg

2cpzyud.jpg

sv3yph.jpg

34931bd.jpg

2ro2efa.jpg

1z1saow.jpg

1408zud.jpg

Mine was polished by lots of e-liquid & hand prints. :lol:
    P1000890_zpsvnwpuft4.jpg

Zen Knitter

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 27, 2016
    Gold country, Calif.
    Sparkle flake :)

Loves me some shiny

I didn't do it, guy in the vape shop took it home and polished it for me BUT.....

I can tell you what he used.

Micro-Mesh Soft Touch Pad Abrasives

Not had a look if they are sold in the US, I'm from across the pond.

You work through the grits from 1500 to 120000, takes about four hours he said.

I wasn't brave enough as I know the first 1500 pad makes the mod very dull, even puts fine scratch marks in the resin but as you work through each grade of grit it removes them and gets polished to a glass like finish and brings out all the colors and patterns in the grain.

If he messed it up, I simple wouldn't of bought the mod lol (much safer)

I know @Mark Todd uses them, I'm sure he would be proud of this mod as he owns one too...

No wax or anything was used other than those pads. It feels like marble in the hand, you can't tell the difference between the resin and the wood, they feel the same, incredible finish and thank you, I agree, it is beautiful.

If the mod ever breaks, I will simply buy a normal Minikin V2 and get the guy to replace the internals :)

Asmodus did a great job at making this mod, no gaps, nothing, only to fail at the end.

Thank you!

listopencil

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2017
    In Partibus Infidelium
    I must say that I added in: Flavor one-Caramel Waffle Cappuccino and flavor two-Peanut Butter Cup into my TC tank. Then I set the mod at 23W to take it's own sweet time getting up to 470(F) if I so wish. The gamut of flavors is superb. Like an overly sweetened, flavorful coffee house dessert drink.

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA

This was the result.

eqqd7l.jpg

hsl64k.jpg

2cpzyud.jpg

sv3yph.jpg

34931bd.jpg

2ro2efa.jpg

1z1saow.jpg

1408zud.jpg
    Beautiful! How did you find someone to do all the work?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread