Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Is there such a thing as air flow control for pt mini's? I'm trying to save a bunch of mini's now that hubby tried my ego one mini's. Or can the air holes be drilled larger? Thanks!

Yes, the holes can be drilled out, larger. A drill press is recommended, although a small vise and a dremel might work. Did that to some of my PTs, before the air flow adapter came out, and to some T3S bases as well, back in the day ;)

If you go that way, just drill one of the three first, and give it a test run. Hard to undrill :w00t: :lol:

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
I drilled out my Protank 2 mini, by hand with a Dremel. Use the smallest bit possible and do one hole at a time; I did two and now it's a bit too airy.

20170724_161113-747x1328.jpg

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Yea, I had to use a plug on one I over drilled - didn't work to good after that so luckily I was able to pick up a new base to replace my experimentation...

I've seen those bases on Clearance at several sites in the last 6-8 months for just $.50-$1.00. So I picked up several of them for my "stash", too.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
The TFV8 is a high wattage, clouds bro clouds tank, vaped wide open, massive lung hits, that's just how it is.
Well, we'll see. I use my Subtank Plus tanks at much lower wattage than most people use and I like them a lot.... generally 13 to 15 watts with the pre-made 0.5 ohm coils, using the middle sized of the three airflow settings. So, maybe I'll end up using the Beast tanks at lower power than other people use as well. Won't know until I try.

What is wrong with it?
After working for half a day, the HCigar VT 167 suddenly refused to initiate. The logo flashes briefly on the screen, then nothing displays on the screen. If I hold the fire button down for a couple of seconds, the screen says "check batteries" and displays empty battery icons. What's really puzzling is that another newly purchased mod, a Therion DNA 166, did EXACTLY the same thing. The seller of the Therion sent me a return label today. Tomorrow I'll make the video showing the problem regarding the HCigar VT 167. Both of the mods use the same chip, an Evolv DNA 250. Both of the mods are also supposed to be well made according to the videos I watched by Busardo and others, but obviously there's a problem somewhere in QC.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
The air flow adapter was for the full size PT's though, correct? Guess I'll get out the dremel and give it a try. I have way too many to give up on them! Thanks, David!

You can get an airflow adapter for the mini. It's expensive though unless you can find them on sale somewhere. You can get a complete tank for the same.

Kanger Airflow Control 2.0 - Mini

I got a few of them but it works just as well drilling out the holes in the original base.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Yes, it was for the full size. In an odd twist of fate, it will work on the mini, although it does look a bit... odd :lol:

Yeah, someone tipped me off about that. And it catches leaks before they get into the mod. Does look odd for sure.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Both of the mods use the same chip, an Evolv DNA 250
Could be something in the setup have you checked it on escribe. I think they have a fairly new one out but the one I'm using is 1.2. I've heard of guys fixing their stuff just using that and resetting your FW.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I have both of those althou mine are all the 133's with the 200 chip and have been using them for about a year and are working fine. I think if you got the latest version of escribe and reset the whole thing to the settings it has then use SE to set up your wires you may find a difference. It also has a stock setting for wires. Check the Evolve chitchat and see what others say on therre. I have gotten a lot of help with my DNA's with that. But the more I use DNA's and YiHi I really like the YiHi much better. That is all I'm going to take with me on my trip. 3 ML's and 2 M's. They seem to be just like a Timex and you know the saying with those.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I have both of those althou mine are all the 133's with the 200 chip and have been using them for about a year and are working fine. I think if you got the latest version of escribe and reset the whole thing to the settings it has then use SE to set up your wires you may find a difference. It also has a stock setting for wires. Check the Evolve chitchat and see what others say on therre. I have gotten a lot of help with my DNA's with that. But the more I use DNA's and YiHi I really like the YiHi much better. That is all I'm going to take with me on my trip. 3 ML's and 2 M's. They seem to be just like a Timex and you know the saying with those.
I appreciate the suggestions, Legs. But, there's no way to get either of the mods to fire, even though I can change the settings using eScribe. I have two Therions which are working fine, one with the DNA 75 and the other that's a DNA 250/166, just like the one that doesn't work except for the battery door... I've been on a buying spree over the past 2 months, trying to buy better-built equipment than the Wismec Reuleaux models that I swore by until they started falling apart one after another. I came this close to buying a Yihi SX Mini G Class but I have a firm feeling that I won't like the fire button location since I'm not a thumber, I'm a trigger man. My one SX Mini is my favorite mod too... it's a Q Class.

Version 1.2 with SP 5 is the latest version of eScribe.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Serpent SMM on the new Wismec, someone PM'd me for a picture but forgot to post it.
A black tank would look better but oh well..
What is the model name, Rixta? Do they still use the same plastic battery holders that have cracked in all of my 3-battery Wismecs?

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
What is the model name, Rixta? Do they still use the same plastic battery holders that have cracked in all of my 3-battery Wismecs?

Batteries are loaded in from the bottom now, door is very sturdy, held on by catches each side. I think that's how they reduced the overall size, seems well made, very nice for the money. Could make up for their, hmmm, not so good mods of late.

Wismec Reuleaux Gen 3

Reuleaux RX GEN3 - Wismec Electronics Co.,Ltd

I wouldn't bother with the Gnome tank though, their coils are useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread