Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
batteries are loaded in from the bottom now, door is very sturdy, held on by catches each side. I think that's how they reduced the overall size, seems well made, very nice for the money. Could make up for their, hmmm, not so good mods of late.

Wismec reuleaux Gen 3

Reuleaux RX GEN3 - Wismec Electronics Co.,Ltd

I wouldn't bother with the Gnome tank though, their coils are useless.
Definite improvement regarding battery insertion and removal.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Wismec troubles aside, this is there best mod yet, very compact for a triple 18650, put it next to the Smoant battlestar dual 18650...

Its obviously wider but yeah, this is a very good mod, it's about time !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Definite improvement regarding battery insertion and removal.
Everything is an improvement except the Wismec logo splashed on both sides. Probably not as visible or at least wouldn't stand out as much with the all black version.

Quoted but no text @Kenna hehe :)

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Everything is an improvement except the Wismec logo splashed on both sides. Probably not as visible or at least wouldn't stand out as much with the all black version.

Quoted but no text @Kenna hehe :)
I had a question but you answered it with the link I hadn't seen yet, so I deleted the question.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Good Evening porch dwellers I missed you friendly folks since I haven't been around in a while. Hope everyone is extremely well!

Taking a break from tobacco flavor MTL and going with Peanut Butter Cup/Banana Cream on DTL.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Could be something in the setup have you checked it on escribe. I think they have a fairly new one out but the one I'm using is 1.2. I've heard of guys fixing their stuff just using that and resetting your FW.
In the eScribe software, "Cell 1" shows as being at 0.01 volts and "Cell 2" shows as being at 5.00 volts. In reality, both cells are near full charge, just under 4.20 volts each. Nothing changes if I put in another set of batteries. That's with the HCigar VT 167. I think the defective Therion 166 is exactly the same, but I've got it packed up ready to send back. The symptoms and behavior are definitely the same with both of the defective mods, which is kind of strange. "Check battery" on both, showing no power left in the battery icon, and won't fire.

I'm almost afraid to connect my working Therion 166 to eScribe, for fear that there's a bug in the software causing the problem. But, I THINK I've already had it connected to eScribe a couple days ago.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Has anyone used the Samsung 30 Q's or the LG MJ1's. Thinking of ordering some batteries actually for the money the 30Q is the cheapest then the HG2 then the MJ1 which I don't think it is worth $2 more for 500mAh more. I know the HG2's are good at RTD they are 5.89 the Samsungs are 5.60. I don't like one thing about the LG's and that is the color. Very hard to see writing on them even with a black non removable felt tip. I'm leaning toward the Samsung 30 cents cheaper but that is not the point do they last as long as the LG?

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I have been having a problem with both of my Wismec RX200 not wanting to hold TC. I can set TC at 420° and it will do good for about 3 or 4 puffs then it will drop into power mode to 20w. I did firmware updates so I could us SS316L not long ago. Today while I was out and about, I stopped in at my favorite B&M and they showed me the Sigelei Fuchai Duo. Long story short, I brought one home with me. I grabbed a new coil, I think 7 wraps .51Ω and got very little vapor. I got thinking of all that @2legsshrt had talked about TCR and a small light went on. I went into one of the memory settings and adjusted TCR until I got a setting that gives me a nice warm vape with my SS316L. See, this ol' dog can learn new things. So now I am vaping my Kayfun V5 with SS316L at 415° and I am getting a great MTL vape. I am using the 3 battery version of the Fuchai Duo. The weight is very close to what I had with the Wismec and it fits my hand very similar to the Wismec. I am very happy with the new mod and enjoying TC once again.

Last edited:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Has anyone used the Samsung 30 Q's or the LG MJ1's. Thinking of ordering some batteries actually for the money the 30Q is the cheapest then the HG2 then the MJ1 which I don't think it is worth $2 more for 500mAh more. I know the HG2's are good at RTD they are 5.89 the Samsungs are 5.60. I don't like one thing about the LG's and that is the color. Very hard to see writing on them even with a black non removable felt tip. I'm leaning toward the Samsung 30 cents cheaper but that is not the point do they last as long as the LG?
I use green painters tape to label my HG2's. Cut the tape in half length wise, write on it, & stick it on the battery.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
In the eScribe software, "Cell 1" shows as being at 0.01 volts and "Cell 2" shows as being at 5.00 volts. In reality, both cells are near full charge, just under 4.20 volts each. Nothing changes if I put in another set of batteries. That's with the HCigar VT 167. I think the defective Therion 166 is exactly the same, but I've got it packed up ready to send back. The symptoms and behavior are definitely the same with both of the defective mods, which is kind of strange. "Check battery" on both, showing no power left in the battery icon, and won't fire.

I'm almost afraid to connect my working Therion 166 to eScribe, for fear that there's a bug in the software causing the problem. But, I THINK I've already had it connected to eScribe a couple days ago.
Did you mention it on the Evolve chit chat, there would undoubtedly be someone there that would know what is up but that sounds pretty strange and for both to be that way is even stranger. My HCigar does draw the batteries down slightly different but when they are discharged there is only a few 100ths diff. Could very well be the software. I would talk to someone there or at Evolve I've heard they get back pretty fast and if they are like they used to be you can send it directly to them and they will either correct the problem or replace the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread