Status
Not open for further replies.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
One thing I have noticed about my SS316L is it seems to take 1/2 a tank or so before it really starts vaping right and settles in. Don't know if it's that way for you but you have the same SS as me.
I haven't noticed but I will try to remember to pay attention next time I change out the coil. When I replace my coil I do a burn-in after I put it in. I don't let it go totally red, I pulse the fire button on my Coil Master 521 Tab. After I will put the Koh Gen Do in the coil and assemble the topper and check for a short and note the ohms.
Do you do a burn-in of your coil?

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I haven't noticed but I will try to remember to pay attention next time I change out the coil. When I replace my coil I do a burn-in after I put it in. I don't let it go totally red, I pulse the fire button on my Coil Master 521 Tab. After I will put the Koh Gen Do in the coil and assemble the topper and check for a short and note the ohms.
Do you do a burn-in of your coil?
I don't. I used to with Ti and other various wires I've tried and there would always be a little puff of smoke come off but with SS I don't get that so quit doing it. I really don't dry burn mine either with everything I use but the Goos Joos my coils last close to a month, so for this trip I made 5 Russian ones, I made the Goose too but probably won't use it, I don't feel like messing with coils, I've got 1 more to recoil and about 1000ml of juice to make tomorrow. The juice goes really fast cause 8 of them are single flavor juices and I have my VG PG mixed up so it will go really fast.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
@bigbells have you got your G yet?? I thought of setting up my Memory presets for different Temps and Modes but it is so easy to do from the mod I saw no reason to do it. If I used several atty's and wire types I could see how they could come it handy but I use the same with all so no reason. I also notice that the G gives you more of a preheat on Powerful mode then my M's they have to be set to Powerful+ to get the same the ML's are very similar to the G but the G really gives you a considerably better vape. Really nice. If I ever get another would love to have 2 of these. Also the SS316L mode is right on.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Well so far we are on schedule for tomorrow. Ginny is going to run the Honda in and let them check the other 3 tires for dryrot. Then we just have to load the stuff up to the fridge and the stuff we'll need in here for the night. Got one more atty to clean and recoil and a .... load of juice to make.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
@bigbells almost forgot to tell you. When you get your mod get it hooked up to the SXi software. If it doesn't hook right up you may need to hit install driver. The mini side of the cord is a little hard to get it in all the way the first time but it doesn't matter which way you put it in, thats the C usb no other cord is compatible. Then when you do the upgrade you either have to get the FW from YiHi and unpack it with 7zip or whatever you have to open up .rar files. Remember where the unpacked .sxi file is. Then when you hit upgrade you'll have to open file which is the .sxi file and hit upgrade . Pretty easy after you have done it once. You can get the .sxi file from djlsbvapes.com or another place. I just downloaded form YiHi and unpacked it.

Last edited:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Well I've found 2 differences in my Authentic and the Clones K5.
1. Tried to use a 1x11 Oring on the top Oring on the head and the tolerances are so tight that you could barely turn the juice flow on the Clones I haven't noticed that.
2 The screws are much higher quality then the Clone.
So far that's about it. It is a much higher quality build. I guess if I could afford 8 authentics without even thinking about it I would rather have those but for $100 or $800 altogether I can't see it. I think the authentic does vape slightly better. The air flow is tighter then the Clone and more of a noticeable change between settings. But really in a blind test I don't think I could tell the diff.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Got a little over 1000ml of juice made and the last K5 re coiled most of my vaping stuff packed. Damn you'd think we were going to China but so much to remember to live for a month. When I was young I could be ready in an hour. Gotta be comfortable and have everything you need that can't be replaced that is a must have. Didn't have to worry about that before just a carton of cigarettes a few toilet items, change of underwear and good to go.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Well I've found 2 differences in my Authentic and the Clones K5.
1. Tried to use a 1x11 Oring on the top Oring on the head and the tolerances are so tight that you could barely turn the juice flow on the Clones I haven't noticed that.
2. The screws are much higher quality then the Clone.

bounce.gif

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Got a little over 1000ml of juice made and the last K5 re coiled most of my vaping stuff packed. Damn you'd think we were going to China but so much to remember to live for a month. When I was young I could be ready in an hour. Gotta be comfortable and have everything you need that can't be replaced that is a must have. Didn't have to worry about that before just a carton of cigarettes a few toilet items, change of underwear and good to go.
A month is a LONG time. You might as well be going to China!

The older we get the more upkeep we need and all the paraphernalia that goes with that upkeep.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
@bigbells almost forgot to tell you. When you get your mod get it hooked up to the SXi software. If it doesn't hook right up you may need to hit install driver. The mini side of the cord is a little hard to get it in all the way the first time but it doesn't matter which way you put it in, thats the C usb no other cord is compatible. Then when you do the upgrade you either have to get the FW from YiHi and unpack it with 7zip or whatever you have to open up .rar files. Remember where the unpacked .sxi file is. Then when you hit upgrade you'll have to open file which is the .sxi file and hit upgrade . Pretty easy after you have done it once. You can get the .sxi file from djlsbvapes.com or another place. I just downloaded form YiHi and unpacked it.
Patrick, I've never seen a micro-USB receptacle that would only work with a USB-C cord, so that will be a first. I've got several USB-C cords that I use frequently.

My SX Mini Q Class has finked out again. Now, it's "check atomizer". Before, it was "check battery". I really liked that mod, when it was working.

My SX Mini G Class comes today, yay!

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Getting my vape stuff ready for a trip is fairly easy. It's getting my personal pharmacy ready that's a PITA. Geez, and you thought Carter had pills! :lol:

Hay bells, why you keep buying those mods that fink out all the time??
    Been vapin my Mako this morning, it's 7 years old and still has never finked out.

Last edited:

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    A month is a LONG time. You might as well be going to China!

The older we get the more upkeep we need and all the paraphernalia that goes with that upkeep.
    Tell me about it! Toiletries & meds & vape gear alone almost require a separate suitcase!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Patrick, I've never seen a micro-USB receptacle that would only work with a USB-C cord, so that will be a first. I've got several USB-C cords that I use frequently.

My SX Mini Q Class has finked out again. Now, it's "check atomizer". Before, it was "check battery". I really liked that mod, when it was working.

My SX Mini G Class comes today, yay!
    Bells, have you cleaned around the 510 where the atty connects with alchohol h cleaned that contact? Have you cleaned the battery connection tabs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 24, 2013
    Tomah Wisconsin
    I have been admiring the flowers of my squash plants so much. They are 6.5 inches across! So, what does this have to do with vaping? Please forgive me, people, but I just used glycerin to try to preserve some. I hope it is not wasted in this effort. It was only half a cup of glycerin to a cup of water.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Whether it is rebuilding, swapping coils or changing - How often do you do it? Do you wait for the flavor to change or do you do it on a let's say scheduled basis?

I just automatically do it every 3 - 5 days. How about you?

For me, rebuilding (i.e. new coil) when the resistance creeps up out of my preferred range, or if I destroy it rewicking.

Rewicking, when the flavor starts to go "off."

Since I normally have a lot of toppers going with different flavors, that could be monthly for any given tank :lol:, although some of my mixes are pretty quick gunkers, so it might be after 2 or 3 re-fills on them, whatever the time frame.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Spokane,WA
    I've got several USB-C cords that I use frequently.
    That's great, I've never seen a usb C before. My phones are all old and the mini USB's do not come close to fitting. It has a really high quality cord with it gold plated connectors. The USB C is too large of a plug for any of my other SX's or phones. And my old mini USB's are way to small for the C.

Last edited:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Spokane,WA
    For me, rebuilding (i.e. new coil) when the resistance creeps up out of my preferred range, or if I destroy it rewicking.

Rewicking, when the flavor starts to go "off."

Since I normally have a lot of toppers going with different flavors, that could be monthly for any given tank :lol:, although some of my mixes are pretty quick gunkers, so it might be after 2 or 3 re-fills on them, whatever the time frame.
    For me the only stuff I use that gunks up the coils bad is the Goose Juice and it starts not putting out much vapor tastes like crap and I rebuild. With the Russian juice and using so little of it and only 3mg of nic they last a long time close to a month. I'm mostly just vaping VG and PG at about 60/40 ratio. If they are still vaping well and the taste is fine I don't do it except for once a month.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Spokane,WA
    I've been expermenting with Joules and Temp and right now I'm finding I like it at 400F 15J Powerful mode, nice smooth vape with the new coils. The Powerful mode heats the wire really fast and 15J holds it at 400 really well. I do really like this mod. I think if I get another it will be a Qmini. From what I've seen of reviews it vapes exactly the same just no color screen. That leather is a really cool one also. My other leather mods have held up really well with a mink oil treatment when they were new. They they don't look worn they looks like well used leather.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread