Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    If you google this - you come up with beautiful European models and Cars... o_O

And there's something wrong w/ looking at beautiful European models and Cars?
    I think both of you are crazy if you see beautiful European models and cars. I googled it myself and that's not what I'm seeing.

I'm serious. Where are the cars?

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA

Saw it months ago. Key words are "high temps".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I've been 'keeping an ear' to that thread since it started. Mike Petro is a fine guy and knows what he's doing, IMO. He's on to something ... and always admits he is not trying to say vaping isn't way, way better than smoking. He's just trying to see if it can be safer.

Seems the original study, that kicked off the thread, determined that bad stuff happens to VG at temps exceeding 450 F. The test was done in some kind of chamber not at all like vaping. Mike's testing (all donated time and quite some expense) has shown that it's easy for coils to hit that temperature even at low volts / watt settings depending on the atty being used. Many of the tootle puffer set ups reach those temps.

The outstanding question that can't be answered from his testing is ... how much bad stuff is being produced just because the coil reached that 'critical' temp. Did the VG also reach it?

Mike has pretty much proven coils can easily reach 450F and beyond even at low 'settings'. He also admits he doesn't know what that means in terms of 'bad stuff' being released into the vapor we're inhaling. He has no way to test/measure that. His approach is if you want to be safe and not be concerned about the reports findings keep you coil at or below 450F.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    I think both of you are crazy if you see beautiful European models and cars. I googled it myself and that's not what I'm seeing.

I'm serious. Where are the cars?

Well geez ... sorry to send you guys on a wild goose chase ... or not.

It's actually a JAC Series B (not Model B).

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    The outstanding question that can't be answered from his testing is ... how much bad stuff is being produced just because the coil reached that 'critical' temp.

And, if any is being produced, how does it compare to the same "stuff" in combust tobacco and paper?

I don't suppose any of us think vaping is 100% safe. Just orders of magnitude less UNsafe than smoking. Heck, the air in most big cities is a carcinogen, haven't yet heard the FDA recommend we stop breathing.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2011
    Middle Georgia
    The outstanding question that can't be answered from his testing is ... how much bad stuff is being produced just because the coil reached that 'critical' temp. Did the VG also reach it?

When they do these studies - I truly wish they would consider questions like this - The ones that actually relate to us... There are so many configurations - there is no way to test them all I know, but let's make the testing mimic real vaping as much as possible...

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    And, if any is being produced, how does it compare to the same "stuff" in combust tobacco and paper?

As I recall the original test, showed 3 carcinogens at higher levels then smoke from a cigarette.

When they do these studies - I truly wish they would consider questions like this - The ones that actually relate to us... There are so many configurations - there is no way to test them all I know, but let's make the testing mimic real vaping as much as possible...

Exactly! I'll give Kudo's to Mike Petro. Not only did he test the atty's he uses, he's done his testing on many atty's / PV combo's sent to him from other ECF members to broaden the data he's been gathering.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    @Iffy ... did you ever get your $20 K1's? I emailed Avail w/ respect to exchanging mine with the sticky fire button. They replied promptly that they no longer carry the K1 and I could get credit toward purchasing another mod from them.

I declined as since adding tiny drops of silicone around the button my issue had resolved.

Iffy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Florida Suncoast
    @Iffy ... did you ever get your $20 K1's?

Not yet, Mike. TBH, my 'plate' has been of Thanksgiving proportions; two funerals, Tahoe blown head gasket, 'nother Patty 'issue', etc.

I do need to check my CC account and see if I actually got my order in. Just too flippin' whooped to give a damn at this point...

BUT, thanx fer askin'!
    thumbsup.gif

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    Not yet, Mike. TBH, my 'plate' has been of Thanksgiving proportions; two funerals, Tahoe blown head gasket, 'nother Patty 'issue', etc.

I do need to check my CC account and see if I actually got my order in. Just too flippin' whooped to give a damn at this point...

BUT, thanx fer askin'! View attachment 680355

:shock: I'll say your plate is full ... best wishes buddy that thing pickup real soon for you.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA

Gee, sounds like several trials have come your way :( When it rains, it pours as the old saying goes..... I hope things will start looking up for you.

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA

Praying, Iffy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    Status
    Not open for further replies.