Status
Not open for further replies.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I have some of mine set up that way, but most are set up with the clear center, metal top and bottom. Yep, nice capacity.
Better capacity with M-tanks. All that threading takes up space, and filling is quicker.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Hi everyone!! Gawd, y'all are still here? I'm quitting, wanna join me?
*--Older than I was in 2011 when I was obsessively on this thread with y'all !--*

Oops, vaping, I mean. I am long quit on the analogs.
Hi and welcome back. Good luck on stopping vaping, however, I'm like others and think you should test using less VG and see if it is the culprit causing your problems.

Not my original intro, but here is an updated version:

"Being 70+ yo, here's my lil' story fer ya'll:

Started smoking full time as an 18 yo in basic training ('65)... mostly 1.5 to 2+ PaDs ever since.

Twenty-two years ago I quit cold turkey by my own choosing. Day-um, I was miserable. After four weeks I told my bride that I was thinking about starting smoking again. She encouraged, "Give it a while longer." Well, six weeks later, after gaining 27 pounds and making life miserable for everyone around me; family, friends, coworkers, acquaintances AND strangers, I told my bride that I was gonna start smoking again. Her response, "Please do!"

My three daughters, young teens at that time, have since then told me that those ten weeks were the worst in their lives. WHOA! Well, I knew I HAD to quit but didn't want to put anyone through my misery again. HOT DAY-UM, found the ECF site back in '11 and made a few well informed purchases, thanx to the wonderful folk here. The eGo batt and eGo Mega dual coil cartomizers did the job. Granted, I’m beyond the eGo combo, but that’s ‘nother story!

Here I am after 46 years of my ol' smoking habit, 6.5 years in on a freakin' fantastic journey; tobacco free, no stomped kittens, no road rage AND no being a b*tch with balls! And I'm one of the lucky vapers in that my first vape was the absolute end to my 'bakky habit.

As for my e-cig health benefits:
- Lower blood pressure - 15 pt drop in both systolic & diastolic
- Higher O2 absorption - 92% to 99%
- 'Clean' chest x-ray after a past indication of emphysema
- Healthier gums/whiter teeth - as per dentist
- No more nose soot/lung wads in the AM
- No longer having the occasional mild night time anxiety episode due to breathing difficulties
- No longer a mouth breather, although I still have a deviated septum and narrow nasal passages
- No mo’ colds. Used to get 'em at least once a year that hung on with major coughing and chest congestion. For da past six years, I've had a runny nose several times for four or five days... no cold. Prior to vaping, that would have developed into a major chest cold.
- Higher sensitivity to the salt in processed foods. And to think I would add salt in my 'bakky days.
- Higher IQ - hey, I did quit smoking!"

I NEVER tire of relating my sojourn from 'bakky to vapin' and my results! I could expire tomorrow from some type of VG/PG/Nic/etc. cause. BUT, I've enjoyed/reveled in mo' dan six years of a freedom dat I thought would never be possible!!!

KIM, I had to provide my doc info re vapin'. He and most other health providers have no frickin' clue as to da relief and release we vapers experience. SO, I have NO confidence in ANY non-research med personnel dat question my decision to vape. Dey only need to review my medical records to see a 'blip' on their belief/experience scope!

I know... long post. But, there are just a few aspects to contend with/control re vapin'; VG/PG/nic/flav ratios and power; adjust <allergies aside>!

Vape on... <I will...>
I do beleive I could say the samething.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Best build I've ever made. Twin 26 gauge SS 316 coils, 9 full 4 mm diameter loops each. Resistance 0.43 ohms.

Aromamizer_coil.jpg

Obviously you weren't listening. I said it's the best build that moi has ever made, not the best build you have ever made. :thumbs:
I love the spacious building deck of the Steam Crave Aromamizer Plus, which is a 30 mm diameter tank that holds 10 ml. (Full kit has additional hardware for 5 ml capacity and for 20 ml capacity... I might get me one of them).

I have exactly one mod on which a 30 mm diameter tank fits with no overhang. Even the 510 mounting plate on the Yihi SX Mini G Class is slightly more than 30 mm. Here's how the Aromamizer Plus tank looks on top of that Yihi G Class. Nearly all of my recent vaping is in Temperature Control mode.

IMG_0827.jpg

My DIY joose these days is about 95% VG, 5% PG. The only PG in the mix is from the flavorings. I'm lovin' it!
:rickroll:

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Good luck on stopping vaping

That's me - I support people through the trials of quitting smoking and if they now desire to quit vaping - I am going to support that also.

I am no where near a cloud chaser - Heck if there was no cloud at all I would be happy...

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Got the Von Erl yesterday, still can't believe that shipping. They did send the wrong tip but emailed them and will see what they say, not worried. Went together perfect first try, no wick drama, hits like a machine. One of the best build decks ever. Will give it the torture test at work tomorrow.

View attachment 687481

Nice! Yep ... the build deck easy to work with. You can leave you coil on the mandrel and just lay the mandrel in the 'grooves' and tighten it down. Real convenient.

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
Ya' Know...I think my taste buds have undergone a miraculous recovery since quitting smoking and I'm not having too much trouble keeping things sorted out...But I have taken to storing "Tanks Off The Mod" in old medicine bottles with the flavor name on a label...They sit up-right and very stable...Plus any unauthorized leaking is caught with virtually no mess to speak of...Got A New Toy Yesterday !!!...I Like New Toys...Trig :D

DSC00643.JPG

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Ya' Know...I think my taste buds have undergone a miraculous recovery since quitting smoking and I'm not having too much trouble keeping things sorted out...But I have taken to storing "Tanks Off The Mod" in old medicine bottles with the flavor name on a label...They sit up-right and very stable...Plus any unauthorized leaking is caught with virtually no mess to speak of...Got A New Toy Yesterday !!!...I Like New Toys...Trig :D

View attachment 687651
Nice toy! I do the same thing with the old pill bottles. Toppers travel well and it is easier to swap out the toppers if you are on the road. None of us would ever use a dripper or try to fill a tank while driving. :rolleyes::cry:

doghair

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Phoenix
Better capacity with M-tanks. All that threading takes up space, and filling is quicker.

I like the M tanks. I found that the threads get looser as they get older and the metal center pieces can unscrew too easily. The M tanks stay tight. It's easier to see the size of the bubble you are leaving when filling . Pretty tough, only cracked one in 3 years.

doghair

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Phoenix
This thing is total badass.

It resisted all my attempts to make it flood. Power hitting outside in the heat, laying on its side for hours, upside down in my pocket, filling while distracted talking to someone, screwing with it while driving, unscrewing over and over, repeated change from 90 plus degrees to 72 in the office. Bone dry, not even sweat on the top of the mod.

Cons
Wicks different, not hard, just different.
Proprietary drip tip unless you buy an adapter.
Can't get to the deck without draining.
Have to take it off the mod to set airflow.
Not much to look at, more utilitarian than sexy.

Pros
By far the best throat hitting MTL tank I have ever used.
Flavor is outstanding.
Not one dry hit, no flooding (goldilocks baby).
It weighs almost nothing.
Build deck is easy and solid.
Genius top fill, no vacuum or pressure drama.
Smart air setup to keep the base short and still not rely on 510 mod channels.
Nano kit makes it crazy small, with the top fill so easy it's no worries with a fill bottle nearby.
I've used 2mm and smaller syringe tips and unicorn style to fill, all work fine.
It holds over 6ml full size while not being obnoxious.

The Dial air flow is set-and-forget. It's analog adjust from completely closed, to open, to removing the adjuster completely for wide open. This is however a 'from the ground up' MTL tank. It does not pretend to be anything else.

I can't exactly figure out why the juice channels work so well. Building it up I was thinking it was going to be flood city with tiny wick tails in there but it works amazingly well if done right.

They did email me back this morning, they apologized and there is a stainless tip in transit. I'm going to get another one and a repair kit just in case I do something stupid like lose or break it or they aren't around when I want a replacement. Personally I don't regret one penny spent on this.

EDIT: oh yeah, it's a Erlkönigin by Von Erl

20170922.jpg

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

View attachment 687651

Nice idea using the pill bottles for storage and labeling. :thumb:

This thing is total badass.

It resisted all my attempts to make it flood. Power hitting outside in the heat, laying on its side for hours, upside down in my pocket, filling while distracted talking to someone, screwing with it while driving, unscrewing over and over, repeated change from 90 plus degrees to 72 in the office. Bone dry, not even sweat on the top of the mod.

Cons
Wicks different, not hard, just different.
Proprietary drip tip unless you buy an adapter.
Can't get to the deck without draining.
Have to take it off the mod to set airflow.
Not much to look at, more utilitarian than sexy.

Pros
By far the best throat hitting MTL tank I have ever used.
Flavor is outstanding.
Not one dry hit, no flooding (goldilocks baby).
It weighs almost nothing.
Build deck is easy and solid.
Genius top fill, no vacuum or pressure drama.
Smart air setup to keep the base short and still not rely on 510 mod channels.
Nano kit makes it crazy small, with the top fill so easy it's no worries with a fill bottle nearby.
I've used 2mm and smaller syringe tips and unicorn style to fill, all work fine.
It holds over 6ml full size while not being obnoxious.

The Dial air flow is set-and-forget. It's analog adjust from completely closed, to open, to removing the adjuster completely for wide open. This is however a 'from the ground up' MTL tank. It does not pretend to be anything else.

I can't exactly figure out why the juice channels work so well. Building it up I was thinking it was going to be flood city with tiny wick tails in there but it works amazingly well if done right.

They did email me back this morning, they apologized and there is a stainless tip in transit. I'm going to get another one and a repair kit just in case I do something stupid like lose or break it or they aren't around when I want a replacement. Personally I don't regret one penny spent on this.

EDIT: oh yeah, it's a Erlkönigin by Von Erl

View attachment 687675

Well done ... nice summary ... I 2nd all you've said about the Erl. The lower capacity of the nano doesn't seem to bother me as its so easy to refill. For me the nano is about the perfect tank for smaller mods.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I like the M tanks. I found that the threads get looser as they get older and the metal center pieces can unscrew too easily. The M tanks stay tight. It's easier to see the size of the bubble you are leaving when filling . Pretty tough, only cracked one in 3 years.

I never take the tank sections apart, just remove the whole 3 pieces to clean, so thread wear's not much of an issue for me. But yes, easier to see when to stop filling. I hold the tank at about 70 degrees, and fill until the juice just reaches the end of the poly section. Could maybe go more, but it's close enough for me, and I don't risk flooding. :)

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I never take the tank sections apart, just remove the whole 3 pieces to clean, so thread wear's not much of an issue for me. But yes, easier to see when to stop filling. I hold the tank at about 70 degrees, and fill until the juice just reaches the end of the poly section. Could maybe go more, but it's close enough for me, and I don't risk flooding. :)
They are heavier with the topcap. I lubed the nemmy lock rings with a bit of unflavored, and they are moving smoothly. DUH! Part of the reason why I switched to the little tanks. Now I need to find a few more topcaps to make the switch complete. I tossed my old Orchid topcaps months ago, because they were so much heavier than the 5-pawns topcaps. The 5-pawns topcaps look nice with the short driptips I got with the little tanks.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
I'm one who still vapes 70pg/30vg with occasional excursions in 60/40 pg/vg. I've tried at least two dozen various atomizers models (latest and greatest) and always come back to a Kayfun V2 at 10W. Sometimes, I vape at 8W and 9W with a new coil and wick until it breaks in.

I'm stuck on SS316L coils now and have been making my own juice for over a year. Today I mixed up 600ml, 300ml unflavored and 300ml various tobaccos.

I'm more concerned about flavor than I am about vapor clouds. My lungs are still clear an I get 98% oxygen saturation on one of those finger tip O-sat monitors while I'm doing my at home free weight workout and riding my stationary bicycle. Vaping has been healthy for me the last 7 years.

I watch guys spew out thick clouds of VG vapor and wonder what the heck they see in it. I've tried it a couple of times and still wonder why they want to advertise the fact that they are vaping. There's no steath factor in it at all. I've walked around stealth vaping in stores for years and no one has even indicated that they noticed me vaping.

Everyone to their own source of satisfaction.
I totally agree with you! What is the reason for big clouds of vapor? I have always been there for the flavor It sounds like you are doing great. Can you message me links to the equipment you use? It sounds like you are a little more advanced than me -- I am surprised I am not still using cartomizers and an eGo.

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
They are using alcohol extracted flavorings. Just take the lid & dripper off & let it sit overnight. The alcohol will evaporate off & it will be fine when you can't smell it anymore. That stuff will make you cough, too.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk
Have you tried their juices? Hmm, maybe those are making me cough too. Just can't win here. The high VG juices just feel like my lungs are coated with stuff. That's all I can find at the vape shops. Where do you guys order higher PG juices?

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Forgot to mention that I also don't take the top cap off the tank. Tear down for clean, rewick, recoil is just remove all 4 top pieces, chimney and chamber.

Haven't tried these, but if weight is an issue, you could be the guinea pig :)

$2.72 Acrylic Kayfun Top Cap - top refill hole at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I had not looked yet, hoped those were still available. I bought one several years ago, but it was leaky. Maybe they have improved it, or it is not from the same supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread