Status
Not open for further replies.

misswish1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
NM
Woke up today with noticeably better stability on my feet and an appreciable improvement in my vision. I'm not only going to be fine, I'm going to appreciate life more and with a deeper under understanding of what others go through that was completely foreign to me before. Win/win.
2uge4p4.gif
2uge4p4.gif
2uge4p4.gif

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
@FlamingoTutu I'm so glad your hubby stepped in. My DH and I found out a long time ago that we need to step up for each other in the face of doctors saying and recommending this that and the other.

Well, I'm so very happy you are better. Wonderful news!!!

c07d5da58cbe5d667a2fa1e841a820ef.jpg

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Pleased to make your acquaintance...Glad you're doing better...I've learned early on for FT to order only what I want...Not what I need :D...What tank Was That You Used ???...Trig

Old school tank, a Davide. Much like the original PTs but without all the problems. I probably lost the top gasket when I cleaned it up out of the box. I've only had one other leak, and it wasn't as bad as this, and its was missing a gasket straight out of the factory. Guessing this one "bled out" because I left it on its side.

@FlamingoTutu, I so glad your heath is returning and you will be better than ever!
Oh my what a grand update! Dis ol' mangy hound is soooo pleased to hear of your welfare and attitude!!!
We love you Tutu!

Thank you, it means a lot. It really does. :wub:

@FlamingoTutu I'm so glad your hubby stepped in. My DH and I found out a long time ago that we need to step up for each other in the face of doctors saying and recommending this that and the other.

Well, I'm so very happy you are better. Wonderful news!!!

View attachment 688365

I hope that if he is ever as helpless as I was and needed me the way I needed him, I could do half as good a job as he did. He set the bar very high. Not just the big things, the little things that he did. And he handled all the appointments and endless hospital bs. Got me into the MRI weeks early. :thumb: Trying to think of something nice to get him. Wish he vaped, then it'd be easy. :lol:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Kinda late, but Happy Vapeaversary @englishmick!

Thanks. And everyone else who responded about my anniversary.

I have a second date on my list now. 7/24/17. I picked it more or less at random. Did an inventory of all my hardware and put it in a doc, then decided I wouldn't buy any more vaping gear. I decided that several times before so I figured having an actual date in large red letters at the top of my vaping diary would make me less likely to backslide and buy more stuff. So far it's worked.

That doesn't mean I can't pick up bits and pieces like screws and orings. Or stuff like a new battery charger and magnifying headlights.

For my anniversary I treated myself by heading out to the garage and building a mod stand. Used a big chunk of cherry made by gluing up 3 pieces of 3/4" cut from an old chest of drawers that came out of someone's trash. It has enough holes to hold all the mods I have in use. 1" holes for Provaris, 1 1/4" hole for a Silver Bullet, and a couple of 3/4" holes for Spinners. Never did figure out how to make a stand for Picos and Isticks. Could rout some slot shaped holes but my routing skills are a bit limited. They don't fall over as easily as tube mods though.

Also made some new peppermint juice. Not bad but it needs some work. I've been stuck on the same 4 recipes for ages.

The fun doesn't have to stop when you stop buying hardware.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Many brands of paper towels now come with the "half" towel perforation. I take one of those, fold 4 times, make 4 cuts, have 8 vaper towels, each about 3 x 3 1/2 inches. Perfect size for most applications. :)

That's what I do. Except I just cut each half sheet in two and keep a pile of them at the side of my desk..

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Many brands of paper towels now come with the "half" towel perforation. I take one of those, fold 4 times, make 4 cuts, have 8 vaper towels, each about 3 x 3 1/2 inches. Perfect size for most applications. :)
I counted how many rectangles you get with 4 folds. I had to take both my shoes off to finish the count after using all 10 fingers.
:lol::w00t: (Unless you're not folding all the layers with a couple of those folds.)

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. Here are some of my favorite things about the Steam Crave Aromamizer Plus:
The 10 ml capacity.
The air intake, which keeps the tank from whistling while you vape due to the multiple small holes in the
plate behind the air slot. I don't much care for whistling tanks.
The marvelously huge postless dual-coil build deck.
Aromamizer_Air_Intake.jpg

Also, my magnifying glasses arrived today and I am really impressed with their quality and functionality. I won't be able to test the LED lights, which someone asked me to do, until I receive the rechargeable AAA batteries that I ordered.
They're going to be a LOT easier for me to use than the stand-mounted magnifying glass that I've been using. They're quite comfortable too, although that might well depend on your nose, ears and head size. Here's the ones I got:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0716ZCYXZ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I counted how many rectangles you get with 4 folds. I had to take both my shoes off to finish the count after using all 10 fingers.
:lol::w00t: (Unless you're not folding all the layers with a couple of those folds.)

Oops. Three folds :)

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. Here are some of my favorite things about the Steam Crave Aromamizer Plus:
The 10 ml capacity.
The air intake, which keeps the tank from whistling while you vape due to the multiple small holes in the
plate behind the air slot. I don't much care for whistling tanks.
The marvelously huge postless dual-coil build deck.
View attachment 688455
Also, my magnifying glasses arrived today and I am really impressed with their quality and functionality. I won't be able to test the LED lights, which someone asked me to do, until I receive the rechargeable AAA batteries that I ordered.
They're going to be a LOT easier for me to use than the stand-mounted magnifying glass that I've been using. They're quite comfortable too, although that might well depend on your nose, ears and head size. Here's the ones I got:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0716ZCYXZ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Let me know how they work with eye-glasses. Those appear to be just what I could use.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Now sit back and forget you ordered anything. It will be just like Christmas when it finally gets to you. :thumb:
Jup!!! Been so long since I've been able to get stuff, so this has been so much fun spending a bit of money from stuff I sold! Just hope it doesn't take til Christmas to get it ;) It shouldn't take more than bout 2 weeks if that

The support I've received here and on the BP brought me to tears. You have no idea. I'm deeply indebted, humble thousand thank yous. :nun:
we love you bunches hunny!!

Checked with USPS today. Now my package is supposedly at my PO. Someone must have actually read the address instead of just scanning the incorrect barcode. But no update on tracking.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk
yay!!!!

I hope that if he is ever as helpless as I was and needed me the way I needed him, I could do half as good a job as he did. He set the bar very high. Not just the big things, the little things that he did. And he handled all the appointments and endless hospital bs. Got me into the MRI weeks early. :thumb: Trying to think of something nice to get him. Wish he vaped, then it'd be easy. :lol:
that's so wonderful to hear that he took such good care of you. Maybe cook him his favorite supper???

For my anniversary I treated myself by heading out to the garage and building a mod stand.
kewl!! we need pics of that

kewl beans

Let me know how they work with eye-glasses. Those appear to be just what I could use.
Jup, that was the issue last time I tried something similar. One, not enough light, and had real issues with my glasses. Had to take them off to get the right magnification clearly, then put em on each time I looked away from the mags for something on the table or whatever

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Jup!!! Been so long since I've been able to get stuff, so this has been so much fun spending a bit of money from stuff I sold! Just hope it doesn't take til Christmas to get it ;) It shouldn't take more than bout 2 weeks if that

we love you bunches hunny!!

yay!!!!

that's so wonderful to hear that he took such good care of you. Maybe cook him his favorite supper???

kewl!! we need pics of that

kewl beans

Jup, that was the issue last time I tried something similar. One, not enough light, and had real issues with my glasses. Had to take them off to get the right magnification clearly, then put em on each time I looked away from the mags for something on the table or whatever

I haven't gotten vape mail in a long time either. You definitely suffer withdrawals from no new shiny. :( The new magnifier lamp should arrive today so that will be very cool if it lives up to my expectations. :)

Husband's pretty much taken over the cooking in the past 5+ years because he loves doing it and I don't, so that's kind of out. He really wanted a drone so I bought him one last Christmas but after flying it once he decided he didn't like them. Hundred bucks out the window. :facepalm: Not the first time that's happened. He ain't easy to shop for. :cry:

If the FT package gets to you in two weeks, that's wonderful! Just don't completely count on it. It will get there though.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I haven't gotten vape mail in a long time either. You definitely suffer withdrawals from no new shiny. :( The new magnifier lamp should arrive today so that will be very cool if it lives up to my expectations. :)
a little bit is vape mail. Most of it is other stuff I need/want and it's been forever since I've been able to do that. feels so good! Actually got a bit of stamp stuff. Now if my son and his dad ever get my file cabinet with my card stock in it, I'll be in heaven.
along with my freezer and chest of drawers. We gotta get that freezer defrosted and moved before the motor burns up

Jup, I know there is no telling with ft on ship time, but it'll be fun when it gets here. And I wuzn't thinkin, I'm sure you're not up to cooking anyhow duhhhhh sowwy bout dat

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
He really wanted a drone so I bought him one last Christmas but after flying it once he decided he didn't like them. Hundred bucks out the window. :facepalm:

Hey, ya got off cheap.
thumbsup.gif

He ain't easy to shop for. :cry:

Ya have no <OK, maybe sumwat... > idea how frustrated my bride & daughters get when it comes to 'showering' moi wid presents!
toothy.gif

Kisses are bestest!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Old school tank, a Davide. Much like the original PTs but without all the problems. I probably lost the top gasket when I cleaned it up out of the box. I've only had one other leak, and it wasn't as bad as this, and its was missing a gasket straight out of the factory. Guessing this one "bled out" because I left it on its side.

Thank you, it means a lot. It really does. :wub:

I hope that if he is ever as helpless as I was and needed me the way I needed him, I could do half as good a job as he did. He set the bar very high. Not just the big things, the little things that he did. And he handled all the appointments and endless hospital bs. Got me into the MRI weeks early. :thumb: Trying to think of something nice to get him. Wish he vaped, then it'd be easy. [emoji38]
I'm jelly!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
a little bit is vape mail. Most of it is other stuff I need/want and it's been forever since I've been able to do that. feels so good! Actually got a bit of stamp stuff. Now if my son and his dad ever get my file cabinet with my card stock in it, I'll be in heaven.
along with my freezer and chest of drawers. We gotta get that freezer defrosted and moved before the motor burns up

Jup, I know there is no telling with ft on ship time, but it'll be fun when it gets here. And I wuzn't thinkin, I'm sure you're not up to cooking anyhow duhhhhh sowwy bout dat
My FT order finally got to my PO yesterday, but wasn't scanned in. But the Claims Dept yold me it was there when I talked to them yesterday. I picked it up today. Then got the tracking message that it had been delivered 10 minutes ago.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
My FT order finally got to my PO yesterday, but wasn't scanned in. But the Claims Dept yold me it was there when I talked to them yesterday. I picked it up today. Then got the tracking message that it had been delivered 10 minutes ago.

:rickroll:

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Hopefully Diver was asking whether the magnifiers could physically be worn with glasses rather than whether the magnifiers coordinate well with Rx glasses. Since I don't wear glasses, I can only answer the former, and the answer is that I can put a pair of sunglasses on my head, then put the magnifier glasses on my head, and there is no problem with them getting in each other's way. If your glasses have a very long nose bridge that extends an inch below your lenses, I suppose that the nose bridge would interfere with the very, very long nose bridge piece on the magnifiers. Do you remember Steve Martin's invention of the Opti-Grab in "The Jerk"? The nose piece on these magnifiers is similar.

The position of the magnifier lenses can be adjusted about 1 inch fore and aft. Mine came with the distance set at the furthest position from my eyes, which makes it easy to look over the top of them.

I don't know if the lenses, a generous 5 pairs of them in different strengths, are glass, but if they're not, they're a really high grade of optical plastic that's every bit as heavy as glass.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Hey, ya got off cheap. View attachment 688509

Ya have no <OK, maybe sumwat... > idea how frustrated my bride & daughters get when it comes to 'showering' moi wid presents! View attachment 688511

Kisses are bestest!

Yeah, I do have a clue. :grr:

I'm jelly!

Jelly? o_O Oh, jealous? Yeah, it may be one reason I've stubbornly stayed with the Davies, pretty much bombproof. :)

Yay! :banana: I got a FT package today but it only had a pair of flashlights in it. Magnifier lamp didn't show up as promised. :(

doghair

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Phoenix
Learned a few things today.

Learned the Vol Erl does not like to be filled fast. I was in a hurry to get out the door and squeezed the crap out of the fill bottle and flooded the tank all to hell.

Learned the Von Erl never really recovers from a good flood. I can turn my KFs upside down and blow them out and keep going, with this tank it never really gets going again, perpetual gurgle until it's torn down and rinsed out.

Learned flooding juice all over the tank, mod, counter and my dress shirt does not really help me get to work faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread