Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Tried to make a purchase the other night - the age verification software could not verify me - would not let me order unless I sent a copy of an ID to them. Aint going to do that.

Anyone else have that problem? Any way around it?
I know that you take great care to keep your name and personal info out of the public domain as much as possible, and that is surely why you're in a small group that can't be found within "the system" for age verification. For most of us, the verification can be done within seconds due to the amount of info that's already out there about us.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Tried to make a purchase the other night - the age verification software could not verify me - would not let me order unless I sent a copy of an ID to them. Aint going to do that.

Scan your ID. In your favorite graphic program, black out your address, D/L number and anything else you want, other than date of birth. Save as a new image and send that.

Even though I'm "in the system" and many sites will access the info that way, some shops don't pay the admission to the software that does that. Had one site where I wanted to shop that is that way, the blacked out D/L worked fine.

It's all due to the Dooming and the FuDA, and likely State laws as well. The shops now have to prove that they are not selling to minors.

Yeah, bummer.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Scan your ID. In your favorite graphic program, black out your address, D/L number and anything else you want, other than date of birth. Save as a new image and send that.

Even though I'm "in the system" and many sites will access the info that way, some shops don't pay the admission to the software that does that. Had one site where I wanted to shop that is that way, the blacked out D/L worked fine.

It's all due to the Dooming and the FuDA, and likely State laws as well. The shops now have to prove that they are not selling to minors.

Yeah, bummer.
That's what I did. If asked for a photo of my ID I send the copy with everything but DOB blocked out. Has worked so far.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I worked for several years in a fabrication shop. The correct technical term is "boogered" the threads.

I'm so terrible about getting stuff done, Legs. I was asked to do a video and haven't gotten around to it yet.
Just add it to one of your drone videos. They'd probably send you one for the heck of it after seeing the bigbells dancing with the stars impression.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Hah, found it. TMCase started this thread on age verification some time back, and has a link to a doc she keeps as updated as possible in the first post.

List of vendors Age Verification requirements.

I followed that post at the beginning. Did not know it was still going. The site I was referring to just started this. I just bought from them a few months ago. Figured since I was already a regular customer that it would be easier...

I know that you take great care to keep your name and personal info out of the public domain as much as possible

I am in the system more than I want to be... For awhile I was almost out of it totally - no junk mail, no scam calls, even my name brought up little on the internet, but then I refinanced my house and my last employer did a background check on me. They got back so much convoluted data that they made up update some of it. So much for living off the data grid after all of that... :cry:

I would have no problem with that. I will give it a try the next time they have a sale...

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Oh by the way Dave we are loving this Subaru, still trying to figure out all the idiot lights on it. Cars have changed so much in the last 12 years but what a great ride. I'm glad you sort of pushed me toward the 2014, it has a stiffer ride then other cars but it is so comfy and runs so nice. Still haven't put gas in it. Seems to do what they say well over 20mpg. Ginny is still trying to get used to the brakes and steering with the speed sensitivity and 2 typses of power assist. We aren't even going to worry about snow tires, it has Michelins on it that really have very little wear. Love the way the transmission works also. All it has is R and D but the D has M and D, in M you can shift through the gears using a steering wheel control and when in D if its snowy and your going down a steep grade you can still shift to a lower gear using steering wheel controls so you don't have to use the brakes, when you get to the bottom it automatically switches back to D. They seem to have thought of everything. Even has a button on the mirror that you pair up to your garage door opener and thats all you need. Has 3 buttons in case you have a gate or another garage.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
no junk mail
I am finally getting my Win10 mail program trained to put all my junk mail into my other file instead of focused so I only have to go through it every 3 days or so. Still getting tons of it though.

doghair

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Phoenix
I was here the other day and I remember you telling me something.

Don't buy more tanks?
Or was it ... buy more tanks?
Pretty sure it was don't buy more tanks.

FINE! I bought more tanks.

20171013.jpg

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA

I was asked once. I sent a pic of my TDL with everything crosed out except my name & picture. They accepted it. They just want the verify you are +18. My pic worked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA

Don't buy more tanks?

View attachment 692755
The answer is always:

ecc54909e96c6655d2bf2f8e30b9ef4f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I followed that post at the beginning. Did not know it was still going. The site I was referring to just started this. I just bought from them a few months ago. Figured since I was already a regular customer that it would be easier...

It's been quiet there for a long time. Last post was the end of July.

Maybe add your inquisitive vendor, if not already on the list? Just a post at the end, there, and TM will likely add the info to the linked list :)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
That and in the stick thread there were a lot of unbelieving/unsympathetic posters as well.
that's awful

The Pico models have removeable batteries, but the iSticks without Pico in the name have built-in, non-removeable batteries.
some of the higher watt Isticks have removable batts also. I know for sure the 100 watt, and I think the 50 and maybe the 40 but not sure bout those.

I'm not fond of anything that uses propitiatory parts, including vape stuff, because they usually soak you for them when they need to be replaced. :(
same here!

Had to get a Gold one to go with my Black one.

View attachment 692423
purdy! I love white and gold together

I know it seems like everyone loves the Pico. I have one. It is stored in the "may have to resort to one day " box. Everyone talks about it being so tiny but for me it isn't tiny. Grant it, it is no taller than an 18650 battery but for me it is just too wide and thus uncomfortable to hold. It is much wider than the 20 or 30.
I bought one and didn't care for it either. Didn't really like the buttons on the bottom, and it was a good bit heavier than I'd expected. that wasn't a deal breaker though, it was mostly the buttons on the bottom

They have an annoying habit. Once in a while the screen would stay on indefinitely on the dim setting and completely drain a battery
oh yuck

BTW, did I mention I'm an avid iStick fanboy
don't think I've heard that before from you :p

I'm a fastener guy (my family made bolts and screws)
will you be my newest best friend?? hehehe I never know what size I need for something, then when I get that part straight, never know on a site if I'm getting the right thing. I did find bolt depot to be cheaper on product and shipping than Mcmaster Carr, but do you know of a better place, or do you just have a never ending supply from back when y'all did that?

It & the 20w are going to battery disposal as soon as I figure out where that is.
I know Lowes and prolly home depot do regular batts, maybe check and see if you can put the mods in there too. I wonder if most vape shops would take em

For a moment I thought you were in Mike's bedroom when his mod auto-fired
hehehe I thought that too. had to read that one a couple few times.

Oh by the way Dave we are loving this Subaru, still trying to figure out all the idiot lights on it. Cars have changed so much in the last 12 years but what a great ride.
Glad you're loving it. Boy you aint kiddin........ son and dil each got newer cars a year or so ago........even the keys are odd. My son's looks like this, and you put the whole plastic thing in the key hole
images

My dil's car, you don't even insert the key. You have to have it on you, and when you touch the underside of the handle, it unlocks the doors, then put foot on gas pedal and mash a button to start. One day I was trying to figger out which button on the fob unlocked the back hatch of her SUV, and I ended up starting the car :facepalm: Too fancy for me

Today is mattiem's birthday! :thumbs:

Happy-Birthday-from-a-friend.jpg

Hope it's a great one!
happy Birthday sweet Matti!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

Don't buy more tanks?

View attachment 692755

But ... but ... what are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread