Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
One of the best friends I had used to tell me stories, the worst was, let me put this in context, he was Airborne assigned to 1st Cav, They spent 111 days out of base camp, trudging through the swamps. His watch did fine, he however ended up with jungle rot, and had to have several skin grafts. Really great guy, man we used to have fun.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
One of the best friends I had used to tell me stories, the worst was, let me put this in context, he was Airborne assigned to 1st Cav, They spent 111 days out of base camp, trudging through the swamps. His watch did fine, he however ended up with jungle rot, and had to have several skin grafts. Really great guy, man we used to have fun.

Hopefully he can still stand for and salute our American flag and National Anthem!!!
thumbsup.gif

It's wonderful ya had da opportunity to be best friends!

Last edited:

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Guess the eu will just have to lock me up for using my 3.5ml tanks! Been using the same tanks since 2011 & aint gonna change any time soon!
You little rabblerouser.

Everything is disposable now days. Luckily my watch battery went TU on me again but Ginny got me a lifetime battery last time so just have to go 12 miles and get a new one. I used to love those Seiko watches that were around in the 60's, when I was in the Army you could always go to the Pawn shop and some GI low on cash and had been to Nam had sold it to them. Could be bought cheap over there and guys had 3 or 4. They had the best self winding mechanism in them I've ever used. Great watch and could pick one up for less then $20.
The best watch I have ever owned is my Seiko divers watch. I finally took it to a jeweler and he showed me how to remove the bezel to wash out the salt buildup from ocean water.

Hopefully he can still stand for and salute our American flag and National Anthem!!! View attachment 694577

I like the change to the flag code that now allows veterans to salute the flag. I will be that old dude that stands up from my wheelchair to salute the flag at our annual veterans day parade.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I like the change to the flag code that now allows veterans to salute the flag.

Ditto, Jerry! Unfortunately, dat change was not all dat publicized fer da veterans & nation. It's a visible and cherished honor fer dis ol' fart!!!

I don't even stealth vape <hint,hint...> at dat time...
toothy.gif

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I buy, not rebuild... <as I ease back into my porch recliner>
you need to find that rm2, or better yet.....grab one or two of these (I think they are better) $7.06 Origen Little Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 316 stainless steel / 16mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping grab that lacewood outta the closet and get to gittin mister! Don't make me come down there!! :D (it's a long azz walk!) :lol:

Where is Grandma?
Hope she's ok!

I spent a couple thousand getting my supply, but I bet I saved a LOT more in the long run by just being able to say, "What size do you need; here let me see the old one. Great. Here it is; get back to work."
kewlios! But I have no idea what screw checkers are. :facepalm:

Remember when you could go to a hardware store and get a new key made for a couple of bucks? Remember when you could roll down your window even when the battery died? Remember when they built things to last?
JUP!! Gotta admit I do like electric windows when they are workin. I do recall some serious struggles with my shoulder and elbow tryin to roll down some windows that didn't wanna go so easy. But jup, hate electric ones that always die when the window is down! Never when it's up

I like the change to the flag code that now allows veterans to salute the flag. I will be that old dude that stands up from my wheelchair to salute the flag at our annual veterans day parade.
Amen!! I was so glad when I found that out!

Ok......so please keep fingers......toes.......eyes.....everything crossed. SIL is going to try vaping again. Her clearos are in bad shape. She always used these
Aspire BDC CE5 tanks she needs simple, and I can't think of anything better for her since she liked these and doesn't need more capacity. So I told her to get a few of these and at least two batts, and I would loan her a mod and charger since hers is the wrong kind. Really hope she takes to it this time.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
JUP!! Gotta admit I do like electric windows when they are workin. I do recall some serious struggles with my shoulder and elbow tryin to roll down some windows that didn't wanna go so easy. But jup, hate electric ones that always die when the window is down! Never when it's up

El Whacko loves electric windows because we roll the window down more often with the. Much easier than pulling over and cranking it open or shut. :thumb:

Car broke down again on the way to town today. We barely made it to the car rental place. They gave us a :censored: hybrid. (They might be nice if you lived in a city and didn't have a dog that weighed over 100 pounds.) Doesn't even have a key, not even a plastic one. Half the time you can't even tell if it's running.

As we were transferring stuff from my car to the rental I remembered I'd stashed a bunch of coils in a small cooler we have in there at the start of fire season so if I had to run from here I wouldn't have to worry about packing those out. When I looked in the cooler, I found a bunch of "long lost," beloved vape gadgets that wouldn't be affected by heat that I'd also stashed in there. Almost like getting vape mail! :banana:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
But it's full of 18650s, no doubt high CDR :)

And just what long lost gadgets were found?

I'd forgotten about the 18650s and the car was a bit trashed when we got it because they hadn't had time to clean it. Probably a deal they have with the repair shop at this point since they are the ones paying for the rentals, around 10 so far, at this point. We could have blamed missing batteries on the previous renters. Shame they got my car turned around in under 24 hours. Could have been free batteries all around! :(

Silicone o-rings and gaskets, extension tube, several "old style" Davide Minis (don't care for the new ones as they hold slightly less juice it seems, slightly flimsier, etc.), couple of drip tips, springs, couple of end caps, stuff like that, most that you can't get anymore but lets you keep vaping if your equipment throws a tantrum at being stuck in an evac center for weeks and/or the house burns down. And next year that little case will go back in the cooler again. Hope I forget about the too, I'm still really stoked to have it again. :lol:

I haven't watched the whole video or even been on this thread in a long time but you all might want to check out this post. Deeming Regulations have been released!!!! :cry:

I have to calm down, revisit the thread tomorrow and then get in the nicotine line behind Dancing...

doghair

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Phoenix
Silicone o-rings and gaskets, extension tube, several "old style" Davide Minis (don't care for the new ones as they hold slightly less juice it seems, slightly flimsier, etc.), couple of drip tips, springs, couple of end caps, stuff like that, most that you can't get anymore but lets you keep vaping if your equipment throws a tantrum at being stuck in an evac center for weeks and/or the house burns down. And next year that little case will go back in the cooler again. Hope I forget about the too, I'm still really stoked to have it again.

Cool, a vape time capsule.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Hopefully he can still stand for and salute our American flag and National Anthem!!! View attachment 694577

Oh I'm sure he can. He was in good shape except for 2 tone skin on his legs.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
These adore eliquids are really nice at least for me. I really like the custard. Not for someone who likes really strong flavors but a nice smooth vape. Doesn't seem to be a coil gunker either. I also like the blueberry, it's a little stronger flavor even at 15% they recommend 20 I think I may try it at 10. Need to find 1 more of them I really like, the peach colada is pretty good. The custard they only recommend 10% but its a 21 day steep.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
They are one heck of a good watch or they used to be. I really loved the self winding feature on those in the 60's. It just kept on working.

I've got a self-winding Seiko that belonged to Janet's Dad ... and yup ... it still works. A long while back I was in a shoe store trying on shoes ... the salesman noticed it on my wrist and wanted to know if I wanted to sell it. Seems he collected the Seiko vintage self-winders.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Thanks for the info, Legs, but unless the DT is replaceable I'm already not interested. My KF2Ls are sufficient for the next 40 years or so (probably even without the spare parts I've collected) and still work fine ;) ), and I hope there'll be something even better when I'm 109 :lol:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
$120 for 1 tank! No thanks, I am happy with all my clones I got on the cheap. But thanks for the info Legs.
I imagine the clones will be out tomorrow. Sounds really interesting to me. I don't look at reviews anymore but when I saw this one I had to check it out. First review I've probably watched for 6 months or longer. Since my SXmini G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread