Status
Not open for further replies.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Yep, that's how I used to wick kayfuns, lemos, stminis and others with that type of deck and tiny juice channels. "Less is more" was always the mantra.

Phlippin' phantastic post (aka makes sense pher moi)!

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
@herb, @bigdancehawk,and @cigatron, just wanted to welcome you all to the porch!

Duck-Says-Hello.jpg

Better late than never, still trying to catch up. :oops:

@Bolivar, wb and glad you are seeing the light on a new mod choice.

Myrany frequently takes vacations from the board. I am sure she will be back.

Amoret probably won't return.
Has anyone heard from Myrany since the flooding? Hope she well on both health and water fronts. Really bummed about Amoret. :cry: If anybody does communicate with her, please tell her she is greatly missed.
Mornin!

So, I did my 2 hour stint at the B&M on Saturday. A woman came in with a Vision Spinner that she bought 2 years ago...She'd stuffed it in a drawer, and had forgotten how to use it. What a blessing to spend 15 minutes with her, as she begins her vaping journey anew!
That does it, changing your name to Mighty Birdie! :thumbs: It is wonderful to read about people doing this. How great is the vaping community? Really glad you were able to help that poor woman out.
The e-cig industry is too disorganized to make a strong media and PR push, so the ANTZ get away with saying just about anything. Caps and age restrictions are just about all the FDA's press releases talk about and, of course, who dare oppose protecting the cheeeldreen?

Journalism in this country is a dying profession. Press releases are regurgitated as objective facts and, should an actual in-depth treatment of a given topic somehow find its way into the press, people disregard it as TL/DR. (That's assuming they ever read any news articles at all--most people don't).

See, I warned you I was grumpy.
Pfffft. You're gonna have to work a lot harder to look grumpy around here, as you've found out. :lol:
A real quick HOWDY to @bigdancehawk and welcome back to @Bolivar !!!

Ironically, exactly the issue I'm dealing with in my ongoing push with the local scene & ANTZ at this very moment! Some may be following "What's Wrong....." and this month's edition has an article submitted by a member of the State TP&CP (Tobacco Prevention & Control Program) applauding the annual State Fair commission for banning ALL smoking AND vaping (attendees & vendors) within the fair grounds and within 50 feet of ALL gates. Of course he states that it is so wonderful that the fair is "protecting the children" and EVERYONE else and goes on to say, "No one can deny the IRREFUTABLE evidence that SHS is DEADLY."

Well, I've got some "refuting" to do so if you don't see me around for a couple of days, you'll know where I'll be. ;) One other thing that chaps my hide is the ad the ANTZ placed on the front page (in the usual spot) Stating that they are providing NRTs for free, so I called the number and asked if this was a one time thing for my day at the fair or was it free for as long as I needed them. The reply was, "Well, first we need to get you enrolled in a program. That takes about 5 to 10 minutes and then we can provide you with the appropriate NRT for 2 to 4 weeks. Now that's only about half of the time we recommend you use them , which is usually about 8 weeks, but with the money you save from not smoking you can save up and buy your own for the last 4 weeks or however long you feel you need them." My reply was that I am actually already tobacco free, I just wanted to find out if the "free" was for as long as needed.

I wanted to add, EIGHT WEEKS!!! That's RIDICULOUS! I quit smoking the same day I started vaping with modern gear!!!, But, since, as some may know, I have an ongoing battle with the ads too and didn't want to "tip my hand".

A MEGGA tip of the hat to @LittleBird too for all she's doing!!! YOU GO GURL!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Okay, off to spread unrest and discontent!!!
:cool: V V :cool:
Wow. Saw your followup post too. Plus read part of your thread the other day. Dang you are doing an awesome job. Stomp those suckers into the ground!
Just wait until TuTu gets here. She won't let you stand there watching it.
Pretty sure he'll move on his own if it gets a lot closer, which I hope it does not.
I wouldn't go that far... besides that, I'm pretty sure that a hummingbird could do some damage with that pointy l'il beak! ;)
We have a bunch of them year round. We call them flying darts for a reason. :sneaky:
Wire? Temco. USA made. By Temco. Same price or (usually) cheaper than the rest. Always free shipping.
And fast. Great company. :wub:
What's that old saying calling the kettle black???

I have been lucky with vaping - almost don't need my allergy medicine anymore. My diet has been better and I have dropped about 20 - 30 lbs...

I give vaping all the credit. I don't want super sweet snacks anymore - now that I can actually taste them - I wonder how I ate them before... Same with other stuff too...
Me also and your post made me realize that I have actually cut down on allergy meds. With the changing landscape here, there are now more allergens around and the allergies persist most of the year, yet I'm taking fewer meds and having less severe attacks. Man I love vaping. :D

Bolivar

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Surrounded by cows and wheat
The Pico arrived today, along with the batts and charger. Got the batteries charging now. So here goes with a newb question....<<<that is embarassing !

The Pico came with a Melo III atomizer loaded with a .3 ohm coil. If I use my normal 6mg juice with it in TC mode, is it going to knock me on my ear (the left one, Gary) from the nic buzz :blink: ? I'm thinking I need to go to the shop and get some 2mg juice for this thing while it's charging and the atomizer is getting soaked/cleaned.

Von Vape

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2016
Has anyone heard from Myrany since the flooding? Hope she well on both health and water fronts. Really bummed about Amoret. :cry: If anybody does communicate with her, please tell her she is greatly missed.
I "E'd" her 3 days ago and no reply. I just "E'd" again so we'll just have to wait and see. SURE HOPE.............. :confused:
Thank you for your support, also. ;) :)

The Pico came with a Melo III atomizer loaded with a .3 ohm coil. If I use my normal 6mg juice with it in TC mode, is it going to knock me on my ear (the left one, Gary) from the nic buzz :blink: ?
Hi Bolivar. I'm running a little different set up but running a .35 coil @ 13 to 14 W w/10 mg./ml. juice and it's just fine. I imagine in TC it would be even better. ;) :)

Sale alert! Heartland Vapes is having a nic. sale Their Ultra Premium is a bit pricey but their original (which is as good and clear as any I've purchased) has actually gone down by $10 a gallon. Anyway, here's the link.....
Wholesale Nicotine 100mg Heartlandvapes Wholesale

Just got here and already have to bail! :unsure:
RL SUCKS! (sorry about the cap locks, Kenna :D It's just THAT BAD! :lol: :lol: :lol:)

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
The Pico arrived today, along with the batts and charger. Got the batteries charging now. So here goes with a newb question....<<<that is embarassing !

The Pico came with a Melo III atomizer loaded with a .3 ohm coil. If I use my normal 6mg juice with it in TC mode, is it going to knock me on my ear (the left one, Gary) from the nic buzz :blink: ? I'm thinking I need to go to the shop and get some 2mg juice for this thing while it's charging and the atomizer is getting soaked/cleaned.

It doesn't have to knock you over, or it can, depending on how hard you draw. That's another nice thing about tc. Draw harder more vapor, draw lightly less vapor.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

Ah, live dangerously!
5426.gif

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I can't believe it my Kabuki's are out for delivery. 1 week since shipping from FT.
Yabutt delivery to hoo?! :) Just got a couple flashlights. 32 daze.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I "E'd" her 3 days ago and no reply. I just "E'd" again so we'll just have to wait and see. SURE HOPE.............. :confused:
Thank you for your support, also. ;) :)

Hi Bolivar. I'm running a little different set up but running a .35 coil @ 13 to 14 W w/10 mg./ml. juice and it's just fine. I imagine in TC it would be even better. ;) :)

Sale alert! Heartland Vapes is having a nic. sale Their Ultra Premium is a bit pricey but their original (which is as good and clear as any I've purchased) has actually gone down by $10 a gallon. Anyway, here's the link.....
Wholesale Nicotine 100mg Heartlandvapes Wholesale

Just got here and already have to bail! :unsure:
RL SUCKS! (sorry about the cap locks, Kenna :D It's just THAT BAD! [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38])
Lol! You're good until you start using them every other word!

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
What kind of coil is in the head SS NI200 or what? Makes a big difference. Just because it is super low ohm doesn't really mean anything. If its a TC coil and you set it for the right material it will vape very similar to Kanthal. Just depends. My coils are all .45 SS316L. I don't get anymore nic then when vaping with a 1.5 Kanthal coil. I vape my SS with a TCR setting of .00092 at 420F on a Joyetech type board it would show as a TCR of 092 they just use the last 3 numbers of the 5. You have to watch out though because some of the devices SS settings are way off and also don't set your power too high just in case it slips itself into power mode not over 20-25w. I'll have to look those Melo's up and see what you have.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Well I looked it up and it says that they come pre installed with .3ohm Kanthal head so it is not TC capable and I really don't know what power you should try that on. I've never vaped Kanthal at that low of a resistance. MVS says not to use over 6mg but I don't know what kind of power you need to set it for. I would start low and work your way up till it is right for you. Start at maybe 15w and work up from there. With a high enough wattage you could definately get a hell of a hit.

Bolivar

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Surrounded by cows and wheat
I hope I caught him soon enough. From what I read all they come with is a .3 and a .5 Kanthal head and the .3 is pre installed.

Thanks 2legs. I found they listed materials for every coil except the ones they sent me...figures. I set it on 35 watts and that lasted 1 toot. Dropped it to 20 and that lasted about 3 more toots. Got it at 12 and it did pretty good. I wound up putting my Kayfun back on it, set it to what I usually use and everything is fine. I'll mess with the Melo some more tomorrow.

Thanks for chiming in on this!

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
No Problem I know they make SS Ni200 and Ti coils for them also but if you have a KF V5 they work really well in TC. Very stable and enough air flow. I use SS316L but I'm going to try the Ti which I'm sure will be great also. That's all I used for about a year and it works excellently in TC. I have NiFe 52 also which I'm going to give another try. When I tried it before I like the Ti better so I didn't use it that many times but I will give it another try.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Yep, that's how I used to wick kayfuns, lemos, stminis and others with that type of deck and tiny juice channels. "Less is more" was always the mantra.
Now it's "more is more", within reason and only in the coil. The wicktails get thinned at least 50% in all my attys these days.
When I switched over to more in the coil and less in the tails all my attys performed much better. Waaaay better flavor and zero dryhits.
The theory is that juice "tends' to collect in the greatest cross sectional area of wick. If the wicktails are twice as long as the coil (and not thinned) then after every vape the wicktails tend to pull juice from the coil a little. This leaves the coil drier than the tails and also dirties up the juice in your tank. Not really what we want. So I thin the tails to reduce the cross sectional area of the wicktails. It works great with cotton and is pretty much mandatory with rayon.
Wicking heavier in the coil not only puts more wicking in the coil but also helps to offset irregularities of the coil wraps when the cotton expands.
Just saying it works for myself and others. I know everyone has their own way.:)
Thanks for posting this, I have never heard about trimming/thinning the tails. I will have to give this method a try next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread