Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Thanks for posting this, I have never heard about trimming/thinning the tails. I will have to give this method a try next time.

Can't take credit, it's something I pickup up from @JeremyR over in the rayon thread. He's probably the biggest contributor to wicking with rayon worldwide. A rayon demigod for sure.
Just so happens that wicktail trimming works with cotton too especially when trying to get that perfect amount of wicking density inside the juice channels of high powered attys (50w and up). A little too much in the channels and it's dryhit city once vacuum is formed in the tank, not enough in the channels and no vacuum is formed causing the tanks to leak when tipped on their side.

I've gotta crack the code for every new tank but once I have it, I have it. The only problem I'm having these days is remembering how I wicked 20 different tanks.:cry:

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5

I've gotta crack the code for every new tank but once I have it, I have it. The only problem I'm having these days is remembering how I wicked 20 different tanks.:cry:

haha, same here and I only have 4 RTAs in rotation right now, all using Rayon.

Bolivar

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Surrounded by cows and wheat
... if you have a KF V5 they work really well in TC. Very stable and enough air flow....

Nope. V 2 & 3 here. I found some V5's by Tobecco, should pick one up I guess. I'd rather coil and wick my own than buying premades. I did order some for the Melo that will work with TC- stainless and Ni 200.

Von Vape

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2016
Afternoon all!

Well, I heard from Myrany last night, she's fine, quite a bit of rain but no flooding in her area. That's good news! A lot of RL going on but all is well.

Also got a couple of beautiful drip tips yesterday and wanted to show 'em off.
SAM_2872.JPG

Not too shabby, huh??? :) :) :) I know they look like they have a narrow bore but they draw very nicely. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Vape On!
:cool: Von Vape :cool:

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Since Von is sharin' pics, I should post a couple, just to show off. ;):lol:

My Seamless T-Mod with a Vertex Jr. RDA. The honeycomb pattern is milled into the mod, and then filled with epoxy so that it is all smooth to the touch. :) A wonderful little mechanical mod that I was blessed to receive as a gift from a beautiful and extremely thoughtful friend! I have been keeping this one very close to hand for a while now!
000.jpg
001.jpg

And a Sigelei Fuchai with a CoilArt Mage that came in from FT last Saturday. I've been very surprised by this whole set-up. Really good flavor from the atty, and have been very surprised at how well the TC function has been working in SS mode.
Fuchai with Mage.JPG

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Afternoon all!

Well, I heard from Myrany last night, she's fine, quite a bit of rain but no flooding in her area. That's good news! A lot of RL going on but all is well.

View attachment 593395

Not too shabby, huh??? :) :) :) I know they look like they have a narrow bore but they draw very nicely. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Vape On!

Really liking that red/black DT, man... I may have to start taking a look at drip tips soon! :D

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Afternoon all!

View attachment 593395

Vape On!
Those look nice on your STminis. Just gave away the last of my three STminis yesterday. I kind of have piffers remorse.:(. It was for a good cause tho.:)

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Afternoon all!

Thanks for the welfare check.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

Thanks for the update, VV. Good to know she's ok! :thumbs:

Von Vape

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2016
Those look nice on your STminis. Just gave away the last of my three STminis yesterday. I kind of have piffers remorse.:(. It was for a good cause tho.:)
Thanks cigatron! We're really happy with these. They're all we've ever known but hey, if it ain't broke, right?
I know what you mean, kind of miss 'em but if they went to a good cause, good for you, Brother!!! (or Sister. that's gotten me in trouble before. :facepalm: :blush: ;))

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Nope. V 2 & 3 here. I found some V5's by Tobecco, should pick one up I guess. I'd rather coil and wick my own than buying premades. I did order some for the Melo that will work with TC- stainless and Ni 200.
The Tobecco K5's are excellent!

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Afternoon all!

View attachment 593395

Vape On!
Where did you get those!!!!??? I've been looking for some exactly like them for over a year!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Since Von is sharin' pics, I should post a couple, just to show off. ;)[emoji38]

My Seamless T-Mod with a Vertex Jr. RDA. The honeycomb pattern is milled into the mod, and then filled with epoxy so that it is all smooth to the touch. :) A wonderful little mechanical mod that I was blessed to receive as a gift from a beautiful and extremely thoughtful friend! I have been keeping this one very close to hand for a while now!
View attachment 593399 View attachment 593401

And a Sigelei Fuchai with a CoilArt Mage that came in from FT last Saturday. I've been very surprised by this whole set-up. Really good flavor from the atty, and have been very surprised at how well the TC function has been working in SS mode.
View attachment 593403
Those T-mods look great!

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Thanks cigatron! We're really happy with these. They're all we've ever known but hey, if it ain't broke, right?
I know what you mean, kind of miss 'em but if they went to a good cause, good for you, Brother!!! (or Sister. that's gotten me in trouble before. :facepalm: :blush: ;))
I happen to know that for @cigatron you are good with man. :D We have known each other for a long time it seems. Good time, good man.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar

It's brother and thanks, I feel better now.:). Truth be known, you seem more appreciative than he was..... not even a thank you? Whaaat?! Well maybe the STmini will help him get off stinkies.:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread