Not open for further replies.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I also took the short walk to full-out crazy and ordered a small arsenal of the sale Provari 2.5 blemishes and floor models from Vixen Vapors. I have no plan to use any of them myself but was tempted beyond my ability to resist by the price. I couldn't use one even if I wanted to unless I bought the required batteries or the extension caps.

I should have bought the Provari 2.5 Mini PVs, but didn't. The Mini models are all out of stock now. The minis use 18350 button tops and I do have 4 of those batteries, but I don't have any 18490 or 18500 batteries for the "regular" Provari 2.5 models, and I purchased friggin' 8 of them.

Eight! You bought 8 of them and don't plan to use them? :shock:

Janet and I each picked up just 1 mini apiece and were happy 'bout that. But then we each have a number of Provari's so were just grabbing another for the $25 price. My dark side thought about getting a couple-more and flipping 'em ... but my better side won out so others might get a deal too.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Bells, you aren't Santa, are you?
images

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
that's wonderful if they'll pay attn to it!

2legsshrt and bigbells are your TC people.....and legs has been investigating the DNA 200 but I think decided against it, I'm not sure
Yeah I like TC but I am an SX guy. bigbells has a Reauleux coming the DNA200 version. I was going to get one but decided against it because I have heard of a lot of problems with them for some. It may be user initiated but for me the SXmini M class works great. My oldest one is getting close to 1 year old and with the latest firmware upgrade it gives you good settings for Ni and Ti plus it has a manual TCR setting letting you use any TC wire you want and it has a compensate temperature setting that you set for the ambient temp so the temp offsets. No special software. The new ML also has a setting for SS and they are coming out with software in Dec to be able to set 6 presets. You just missed out and so did I because I bought 2 extras at $179 but on Friday a couple places had them for $99 to clear the stock of M's to make room for the ML's. I could've saved $160. Here is a place that still has them for $99 can't vouch for the vendor never heard of them but I guess they have 9 B&M's in MD SXmini M Class (TEMP CONTROL) if you want to look. The place that I knew sold out of them naturally it's a $100 savings. Here is a video to watch I think about 19min in he talks about the problems with the DNA200 board

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Yeah I like TC but I am an SX guy. bigbells has a Reauleux coming the DNA200 version. I was going to get one but decided against it because I have heard of a lot of problems with them for some. It may be user initiated but for me the SXmini M class works great. My oldest one is getting close to 1 year old and with the latest firmware upgrade it gives you good settings for Ni and Ti plus it has a manual TCR setting letting you use any TC wire you want and it has a compensate temperature setting that you set for the ambient temp so the temp offsets. No special software. The new ML also has a setting for SS and they are coming out with software in Dec to be able to set 6 presets. You just missed out and so did I because I bought 2 extras at $179 but on Friday a couple places had them for $99 to clear the stock of M's to make room for the ML's. I could've saved $160. Here is a place that still has them for $99 can't vouch for the vendor never heard of them but I guess they have 9 B&M's in MD SXmini M Class (TEMP CONTROL) if you want to look. The place that I knew sold out of them naturally it's a $100 savings.

@2legsshrt - FWIW ... in the last few days, I saw a statement from Brandon (Evolv) that the two primary reasons for DNA200 failures were bad solder joints and using non-dialectic glues to hold the board in place. The board itself may not have as high a failure rate as it sometimes seems. Maybe too many ameteur DIYer's and/or faulty assembly by some manufacturers.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I also took the short walk to full-out crazy and ordered a small arsenal of the sale Provari 2.5 blemishes and floor models from Vixen Vapors. I have no plan to use any of them myself but was tempted beyond my ability to resist by the price. I couldn't use one even if I wanted to unless I bought the required batteries or the extension caps.

I should have bought the Provari 2.5 Mini PVs, but didn't. The Mini models are all out of stock now. The minis use 18350 button tops and I do have 4 of those batteries, but I don't have any 18490 or 18500 batteries for the "regular" Provari 2.5 models, and I purchased friggin' 8 of them.
Eight?! I'm sure someone here could take them off your hands for a very reasonable price! Unless, of course, you really are Santa.

Either that or you have one helluva vapocalypse stash!

Honestly, at that price, I would have bought several iff I had the cash. Too bad the sale isn't Saturday morning, the morning after I get paid.

Look at me whining! I did get ONE, a RED one. I may scrape by a little this week; but, it's SO worth it. Ooooh, shiny red P2.5!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Eight?! I'm sure someone here could take them off your hands for a very reasonable price! Unless, of course, you really are Santa.

Either that or you have one helluva vapocalypse stash!

Honestly, at that price, I would have bought several iff I had the cash. Too bad the sale isn't Saturday morning, the morning after I get paid.

Look at me whining! I did get ONE, a RED one. I may scrape by a little this week; but, it's SO worth it. Ooooh, shiny red P2.5!

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
SHH. We aren't supposed to talk about under-the counter sales here. ;)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Let's not forget, Obama was (maybe still is) a smoker. So he probably has a bit of interest in it himself.
hopefully but rumors say he's tried them so is at least aware of them. Maybe he'll surprise me

Noper, no shooting da messenger here. BUT, I'm truly tired of some folk taking a big sigh of relief when we might lose only part of our vaping! It's like a mugger only taking half of your money and you're grateful. Phrack dat!!!
I completely agree with what you're saying......however....... If I were drowning, I would be ever so grateful for even a tiny piece of wood to hang on to. It wouldn't save me, because it would soon be waterlogged and sink......but.......it might at least get me to a better part of the ocean where a boat might find me and save me. So that's why even a lil bit of something is exciting to me!

yay!!!!

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA

Janet and I each picked up just 1 mini apiece and were happy 'bout that. But then we each have a number of Provari's so were just grabbing another for the $25 price. My dark side thought about getting a couple-more and flipping 'em ... but my better side won out so others might get a deal too.
Why didn't I hear about that I would've grabbed a couple they are all out. The 2.5's any way. Make that everything some idiot bought 8 of them they said.

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Why didn't I hear about that I would've grabbed a couple they are all out. The 2.5's any way. Make that everything some idiot bought 8 of them they said.

I posted the links here on the porch yesterday. You were probably out buying up the 1/2 price SXmini's. :rolleyes:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I posted the links here on the porch yesterday. You were probably out buying up the 1/2 price SXmini's. :rolleyes:
Nah I just didn''t see it. Oh well can't believe all the places that have them on sale for 20 more then Provape does.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com

Well, my purposes are noble.

Hey, Legs! I'm that idiot!

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
Anyone know about this? I may have missed it, but it deserves a repost anyway.... 1 Liter EU Sourced Throat-Hit Nic (100 mg USP/EP)

Anyone ever used it, heard anything about it, etc., etc., etc., ......

:) :vapor:

ETA....Read the certificate of analysis before deciding to buy. :)

Last edited:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Anyone know about this? I may have missed it, but it deserves a repost anyway....

Anyone ever used it, heard anything about it, etc., etc., etc., ......

:) :vapor:
IF I am reading that right, it's Pure nic, not 100mg/ml nic. The certificate is about a year and a half old. And if, again IF, I'm correct (may well not be) we aren't allowed to talk about anything stronger than 200mg/ml nic on ECF. It's also described as a "brownish viscous liquid." Not sure I'd use it even if it were free, but that's just me.

Consensus seems to be that I am, once again, wrong.

coneofshame.jpg

Last edited:

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
This is what the description says,

1 Liter bottle of nicotine which is:

• sourced from the EU
  • mixed by Vapers Tek using Chemnovatic nicotine
  • either PG or VG based
  • 100 mg/mL concentration
  • USP/EP pharmaceutical grade
I thought I read somewhere that 100mg/ml was the approved limit for discussion.

I read the analysis after I posted the link. I was surprised with the price, and when I read it, I knew I wouldn't be getting any of it. :)

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
It's 100 mg/ml nic just like other companies have had on sale lately. For ECF reviews, check here.

ETA: Vapors Tek has a good reputation. They supposedly offer 'throat hit' nic because their normal nic is so totally tasteless that some people don't like it. Or, so I've heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread