Like da way ya mix!
thumbsup.gif

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
kewl. Do you have some recipes to start out with?
I've been following a particular custard thread, and found recipes for Cinnabon-type juice. Most of the flavors I bought are to make those juices. Oh - and some banana, strawberry, and cupcake. Mostly I vape bakery and custardy flavors. I was astonished that some of the custards had 5 or 6 flavors in them! It was a big box. My first few tries are going to come in at about $zillion/ml! :facepalm: :lol:

Seriously, though, with almost every (purchased) flavor I try, I think it would be better with a little more/less of some note or another. That said, I strongly suspect that this will be easier said than done ...

Last edited:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Pretty well. Wife unit goes back to see the surgeons Thursday. I expect cast removal and Xrays and such with a new cast afterwards. And hopefully good news on the repairs.
Oh, thats gonna be a touchy visit. Lots going on there. I know it doesn.t seem like much, but if you're in pain, weak, or just not feeling good it's a big deal. How is she doing day to day now that sh's home? Get your fruitcake yet? I'm thinking about making one. Or two.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I'm a lazy mixer. I make a big batch ~300mL of 17mg/mL 66/33 base. Take 100ml of premixed base, add 1mL of flavor. Vape. :D

(pg/vg)

Wow ... can you even taste the flavoring? You must have some sensitive taste buds or a really strong flavoring.

Pretty well. Wife unit goes back to see the surgeons Thursday. I expect cast removal and Xrays and such with a new cast afterwards. And hopefully good news on the repairs.

Wishing the best for your wife Robert.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I use syringes. No weight, no drops. Most recipes are given in %'s. Plug each flavor & the pecents it into e-juice me up.com & it tells you how many ml's of each flavor, pg, vg, & nic to pull with the syringe! E Z!
I agree, I think I'd still have issues with weighing, cuz you still have to squeeze the drops, and that's where my hands start hurting, so syringes without needles are the easiest way for me when it comes to flavoring.

That said, I strongly suspect that this will be easier said than done ...
Depends on how sensitive your taste buds are I think. Seems like for many, that the more sensitive they are, the harder it is to get something exactly like they want it. My T buds never did really come back, and as long as I stick to fruity, sweet, or custardy type stuff, they're pretty easy to please, so I have a better chance of liking whatever I come up with. So far there have been a couple I've liked more than others, but only one that I really didn't care for at all.

Wishing her the best! Definitely let us know what they say.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast

We're 'pulling' fer you both!

Hopefully, they will let your bride do some light 'itching' fer a couple o' minutes before da new cast. It's like heaven on earth...

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Oh, thats gonna be a touchy visit. Lots going on there. I know it doesn.t seem like much, but if you're in pain, weak, or just not feeling good it's a big deal. How is she doing day to day now that sh's home? Get your fruitcake yet? I'm thinking about making one. Or two.
No fruitcake yet. I guess it is still "steeping"?
Wheelchair everywhere for nurse Bob. Help bathing, dressing cooking food, etc.

Ohh and the stiches or staples or whatever will come out too.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
I agree, I think I'd still have issues with weighing, cuz you still have to squeeze the drops, and that's where my hands start hurting, so syringes without needles are the easiest way for me when it comes to flavoring.

Depends on how sensitive your taste buds are I think. Seems like for many, that the more sensitive they are, the harder it is to get something exactly like they want it. My T buds never did really come back, and as long as I stick to fruity, sweet, or custardy type stuff, they're pretty easy to please, so I have a better chance of liking whatever I come up with. So far there have been a couple I've liked more than others, but only one that I really didn't care for at all..
Interesting that you say that. My taste buds mostly came back; juice that I could barely taste a year ago seem full-flavored, now. I do like stronger flavors. Those that are described as delicate or muted do nothing for me. I'm hoping I'll be able to sort out how to mix at 20% flavoring. Thank goodness for calculators!

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA

Stitches/staples out is the very definition of bliss! Healing thoughts and prayers ...

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I'm hoping I'll be able to sort out how to mix at 20% flavoring. Thank goodness for calculators!
yeah ejuice me up makes it super easy. If it's a recipe that has like a 1/2 or 1/4 % of something, that's when I go to drops. Since I am using concentrated flavors, there are some long recipes I tried that did that. But, I didn't care enough for the ones I tried so far to make them again anyhow.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida

All sounds very positive. Nurse Bob is doing a slam up good job. Hope you get your fruitcake soon!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA

Well, I'd say you've earned your fruitcake, Nursey-pooh! Good for you!
Stitches & staples coming out? Whoop!

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Thanks for all the concern and positive thoughts. You are a great bunch.
You deserve every bit of attention you get! Just so long as you pass on the good feelings to wifie. So what is the wife unit's name?

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
We're 'pulling' fer you both!

Hopefully, they will let your bride do some light 'itching' fer a couple o' minutes before da new cast. It's like heaven on earth...
Robert, good luck to both of you and if the doc doesn't let her scratch before a new cast, you punch him before she does. Pure bliss after the staples come out.

MFS has I liter of 100mg/ml of nic for $40, code “MFS40NIC” I think it’s this one Sale - UnFlavored Nicotine E-Liquid Base - 1-Liter / 100mg but not sure since the link is my email isn’t working.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Wow ... can you even taste the flavoring? You must have some sensitive taste buds or a really strong flavoring.

If I go over 2% flavoring I find that the liquid is so strongly flavored that it becomes overwhelming rather quickly and then I don't want to vape it. I prefer just a hint of flavor, then I can vape it all day without it becoming syrupy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread