Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
DIY eliquid Tool. This is how I Steep my e Liquids. I use a 1Ltr. Medium Charred Oak Barrel for thirty days and then move them into a Wine Bottle that has medium Charred Oak Dowels placed in it; until I have used it all up. Same basic process that five pawns uses to Steep their Reserve e Liquid that we pay $37 for a 30 ml bottle. The Barrel cost $34 through Amazon and for Prime Members the shipping is free. I've had no issues with leaking and spin the Barrel once a day while liquids are steeping. My reason for purchasing it was to discover on my own if the Five Pawns process really did anything, and it indeed does. It adds a slight smokey flavor to your juice, just as it does with whiskey.View media item 429380

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Seen enough of where the road leads for smoking cigarettes. Know that is not how I seek
to wind up. Besides that, someone wants me around longer. :)
jup........everyone I knew was ending up on oxygen, and I knew a green tank was in my future if I didn't stop. Always great when someone wants you around longer

Gary......tried to watch the vid......but it's way too early for Rip......and I don't think there is ever a good time for him to be singin!!

Kewl Subway. I know Kenna's been wanting to do that too

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
DIY eLiquid Tool. This is how I Steep my e Liquids. I use a 1Ltr. Medium Charred Oak Barrel for thirty days and then move them into a Wine Bottle that has medium Charred Oak Dowels placed in it; until I have used it all up. Same basic process that Five Pawns uses to Steep their Reserve e Liquid that we pay $37 for a 30 ml bottle. The Barrel cost $34 through Amazon and for Prime Members the shipping is free. I've had no issues with leaking and spin the Barrel once a day while liquids are steeping. My reason for purchasing it was to discover on my own if the Five Pawns process really did anything, and it indeed does. It adds a slight smokey flavor to your juice, just as it does with whiskey.View media item 429380

Wow ... that's some serious DIYing you be doing. Nice!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
In the last three to six months, I have become smoke free.

Seen enough of where the road leads for smoking cigarettes. Know that is not how I seek
to wind up. Besides that, someone wants me around longer. :)

Conga-rats, Morely! And even through your long transition, harm was greatly reduced.

Add a bunch of us here to that list!
smiley-score010.gif

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
DIY eLiquid Tool. This is how I Steep my e Liquids. I use a 1Ltr. Medium Charred Oak Barrel for thirty days and then move them into a Wine Bottle that has medium Charred Oak Dowels placed in it; until I have used it all up. Same basic process that Five Pawns uses to Steep their Reserve e Liquid that we pay $37 for a 30 ml bottle. The Barrel cost $34 through Amazon and for Prime Members the shipping is free. I've had no issues with leaking and spin the Barrel once a day while liquids are steeping. My reason for purchasing it was to discover on my own if the Five Pawns process really did anything, and it indeed does. It adds a slight smokey flavor to your juice, just as it does with whiskey.View media item 429380
Love CLR! The flavor has gotten to be a little strong for me since the most recent change in my tastebuds, tho. But it's so goood!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Do you add any bourbon or whiskey flavoring to your liquids before you put them in the barrel? Or do you let those flavors come from the barrel & spirals?

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
Love CLR! The flavor has gotten to be a little strong for me since the most recent change in my tastebuds, tho. But it's so goood!
Kenna so do I love CLR. Unfortunately I haven't been able to replicate that flavor profile as"yet", but do notice a distinct enjoyable difference in all flavored except for the sweeter flavored juices i.e.: Pistachio, Eggnog w/Brandy, & coffee.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
The last couple of days I've been vaping my DIY juice experiments. 50/50, 0 nic, 10 ml, one was a strawberry and peach mix the other was a water mellon and strawberry mix. They were not really strong flavors but good.
My problem has been sleeping. I normally sleep all night, with one BR break. The last two nights I cat nap with long wake periods between naps.
No clue what DIY could have to do with this but thought I'd ask.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Kenna so do I love CLR. Unfortunately I haven't been able to replicate that flavor profile as"yet", but do notice a distinct enjoyable difference in all flavored except for the sweeter flavored juices i.e.: Pistachio, Eggnog w/Brandy, & coffee.
I can see it being good with those. Had you tried to get that result with the Oakwood, or Red Oak flavorings?

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
The last couple of days I've been vaping my DIY juice experiments. 50/50, 0 nic, 10 ml, one was a strawberry and peach mix the other was a water mellon and strawberry mix. They were not really strong flavors but good.
My problem has been sleeping. I normally sleep all night, with one BR break. The last two nights I cat nap with long wake periods between naps.
I haven't been able to sleep well in over 20 years without help. I haven't noticed any difference since I stopped smoking & started vaping. But then, I'm not using 0 nic. I know part of my sleep issue is anxiety related, I'm stuck in one eye open mode, hypervigilant.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I haven't been able to sleep well in over 20 years without help. I haven't noticed any difference since I stopped smoking & started vaping. But then, I'm not using 0 nic. I know part of my sleep issue is anxiety related, I'm stuck in one eye open mode, hypervigilant.
Well you do not have to be vigilant about a possible alien invasion of earth.
We are already here :thumb:

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
I can see it being good with those. Had you tried to get that result with the Oakwood, or Red Oak flavorings?
No I haven't but have to give that a try also. I've attempted infusion of natural flavor through mild simmer and found that process to have merit but need some more time to experiment to hone it in. Natures Best so to speak

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Thanks to both of you fine folks for responding

EB, dunno but seems it could be nic withdrawal. U sure you want to use 0 nic?

The drop to 0 nic was due to making DIY without nic until I find something that's vapable. But if the nic is not the stimulant that I thought it was. I've gone back to one of my ADV's (6mg nic) this morning, so we'll see what happens.
I did, however, go through about 20 ml of 3 mg juice samples recently with on sleep issues. Whatever that means.

Yeah, I guess I have a mild case of hypervigilance also. But it, historically, only lasts 'til the sandman comes callin'. Then it's every man for himself.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
ok, well while I was typing this you responded. But here's what I typed anyhow. lol I was wondering too if you'd just gone to 0 nic, if so that could be it. Or even if it's been awhile. I've heard a few folks that had gone down to 0 and it affected them in different ways, so they went back up to just a little, from 1 to 3%

Subway and Kenna, don't y'all make me have to get a barrel now!!! lol

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
No I haven't but have to give that a try also. I've attempted infusion of natural flavor through mild simmer and found that process to have merit but need some more time to experiment to hone it in. Natures Best so to speak
Simmer, huh? Interesting! I can see how it might work.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Well you do not have to be vigilant about a possible alien invasion of earth.
We are already here :thumb:
Aliens? Thanks Robert, now both eyes will be open. One for RL, my Mom & random people, & the other for the aliens.

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I did, however, go through about 20 ml of 3 mg juice samples recently with on sleep issues. Whatever that means.
Well, let's not forget. Nic isn't really a problem. No more addictive than caffeine and found naturally in a lot of foods we eat. And contrary to popular belief... NOT a carcinogen. Personally I see no reason to eliminate it. In fact, find more reasons to keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread