Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vape?

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2016
Bribie Island, Australia
Nope, just been pretty busy here at work. Next week is gonna be a bit of a doozy, as well, so I prolly won't be around too much next week either. So, consider this your "head's up". ;)

Yes, ginger beer can be found here... both with, and without alcohol. I use ".... and Bull" to make Moscow Mules, and those are pretty awesome! :D

Still can't find the "zebra beer" (that's what I called the one I had in Australia). I have no idea what the actual name of it is, so it's been impossible for me to locate it. If I can ever figure out what the name is, then I'll go to Spec's and see if they can order it for me.

I also really, really, really like hard apple ciders. Angry Orchard varieties are my current favorites!

I haven't played with anything but TFA so far, but I've got some new flavors to try out. INW and FA are in there somewhere.
I'm trying to think what the heck zebra beer could be, nothing springs to mind. Was it a soft drink or what?

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
vape?" data-source="post: 17679051" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
vape? said:
I'm trying to think what the heck zebra beer could be, nothing springs to mind. Was it a soft drink or what?
he said it was ginger beer, that had a zebra print on the bottle. I'll just answer for everyone since sensible US folks are in bed right now lol

Vape?

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2016
Bribie Island, Australia
he said it was ginger beer, that had a zebra print on the bottle. I'll just answer for everyone since sensible US folks are in bed right now lol
That'd be right it's 430 pm so 230 am there east coast, not sleeping or just on the west coast?

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
vape?" data-source="post: 17679090" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
vape? said:
That'd be right it's 430 pm so 230 am there east coast, not sleeping or just on the west coast?
I'm in Central time......1:36 am here. I'm just a night owl, always have been. I always say I"m channeling my inner Australian! hehehe

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Ok, won't whack ya since ya warned me........just don't be forgettin where "home" is! Never tried hard apple cider but I'm sure I"d love it! I didn't even see that zebra beer on an image search. Sure ya didn't drink some other brand and start seein zebras???? :lol:

Awwww... there's no way that I'll forget my way home! No matter how much zebra beer I drink!! :p :lol:

I KNOW!! Hoping and praying that she's doing okay! :unsure: :wub:

vape?" data-source="post: 17679051" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
vape? said:

Yep, like Deb said. It's an alcoholic ginger beer that was in a zebra print bottle. I had it in a little bar in Perth... ohhhh... 'bout 18 years ago. I've never seen it since, and can't even seem to find it online. :(

Vape?

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2016
Bribie Island, Australia
Awwww... there's no way that I'll forget my way home! No matter how much zebra beer I drink!! :p :lol:

Yep, like Deb said. It's an alcoholic ginger beer that was in a zebra print bottle. I had it in a little bar in Perth... ohhhh... 'bout 18 years ago. I've never seen it since, and can't even seem to find it online. :(

I'll have a quick look online at the local bottle-o's. Bunderburg is the most common non alcoholic no zebra pattern though. Funny how somethings like that stick in your memory. I've never tried the alcohol fuelled model.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I'll have a quick look online at the local bottle-o's. Bunderburg is the most common non alcoholic no zebra pattern though. Funny how somethings like that stick in your memory. I've never tried the alcohol fuelled model.

I've had Bunderburg; it's really good. I also really like .... and Bull, which is American. Both of those are non-alcoholic. The zebra striped one had alcohol in it. Around 6%, if I remember correctly.

Yes, it is very strange how certain things stick in a person's memory. I also distinctly remember the first time I ever had Strongbow (a British hard apple cider). But most times, I can't remember the PIN number to my ATM card... :facepalm: :lol:

Von Vape

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2016
Yes, it is very strange how certain things stick in a person's memory. I also distinctly remember the first time I ever had Strongbow (a British hard apple cider). But most times, I can't remember the PIN number to my ATM card... :facepalm: :lol:
Love the last line!
I had a fantastic Belgian beer in Switzerland when I was visiting friends there. It used Bourbon Barley and was FANTASTIC. So fantastic that I can't remember the name of it! :lol:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
If you had any idea of how many times I lost my car. :lol: (they all look the same from underneath)
good to see ya postin here again!

You came up in conversation at the Odyssey....we were trying to figure out who is the oldest porcher......it's between you and lulu. I know you've said, but I can recall how young you are. Do ya mind sayin? You can whisper in my ear if ya want. :)

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    good to see ya postin here again!

You came up in conversation at the Odyssey....we were trying to figure out who is the oldest porcher......it's between you and lulu. I know you've said, but I can recall how young you are. Do ya mind sayin? You can whisper in my ear if ya want. :)

I start the 4th quarter in a couple of months.

I sneak in quite often & lurk. I'm so "old hat" with the way I vape that most of the time I don't have anything to add to the conversation.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA

I sneak in quite often & lurk. I'm so "old hat" with the way I vape that most of the time I don't have anything to add to the conversation.

But how long is the game? :lol:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I think lulu has you beat by 2 or 3 years.
    tj99959 said:
    I know what you mean. I really don't have much to add. I'm pretty old school myself.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood

As DH said, lulu has ya beat then. I understand about being old school, but you've got tons of knowledge to contribute :)

Tweety is fine, thank you very much! :lol:

I'm trying to decide whether to download the 449 pages of the deeming regs or wait for a synopsis. The comments on vaping.com are coming, but slowly ...
    (((((Birdy)))))))) so good to see ya. Did they pass something? I thought it all got tabled, or tossed

ETA: duh, just saw the big post at the top of each page on the deeming

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA

I'm trying to decide whether to download the 449 pages of the deeming regs or wait for a synopsis. The comments on vaping.com are coming, but slowly ...

Spring has sprung little bird spotted on the front porch. :D

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 24, 2013
    Tomah Wisconsin

Best to read it in small sections, and skip over non-relevant parts. So far, my reading indicates some reasonable compromises. As I predicted, it is not going to kill the industry.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 7, 2014
    East Coast, USA
    As DH said, lulu has ya beat then. I understand about being old school, but you've got tons of knowledge to contribute :)

(((((Birdy)))))))) so good to see ya. Did they pass something? I thought it all got tabled, or tossed
    The deeming regs were announced this morning. The predicate date is still 4/2007. I'm wondering if that hasn't changed because the House hasn't yet voted on the Ag Appropriations Bill. Short of reading the full document, it's hard to know what's in ... It appears that it's a 90 day wait period before they go into effect. 0 Nic juice isn't covered, as best as the Sfata person could ascertain. I just ordered another liter of 100mg Nic.

On a more upbeat note, the Governor of CA didn't sign the new tax bill.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread