Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
or even the dog breed “sheet zoo,”
kad beat me to it, but you can now. I was shocked though at another word in there that got through. Wow.

I stand and applaud you! Why isn't there an applaud thingy? Anyway :thumbs: :D :thumbs:
To Kenna from Tutu

Quick question just started diying juice not sure what percent of flavouring to use seen everything from 5% to 30% doing menthol. Any suggestions understand I will adjust to taste just looking for starting place
as kenna said, depends on the manufacturer a lot and also on the flavor sometimes. TFA usually uses higher percents than many others, not always though. FA, Capella drops INW often use less around 3-5% Vapingzone super gourmet sometimes 1-3% Which flavors are you using?

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Been frustrated lately. I ordered three kicks for my stash domestically at a clearance price that couldn't be beat, and from the time I put the order in my cart to the projected date of delivery, time rivals FT.

In the meantime, one of my kicks clearly failed, so had to toss it and put my spare kick into use. Then, one of my nemmys started not working. After trouble-shooting everything else, I removed the kick and replaced it with a fuse. Working fine now.

Along with all that, the pole came loose on one of my toppers. I screwed it back in, but the block twisted to make a short. Opened it up , held the block in place while tightening the pole, and now it works fine. Somehow, my density on figuring this out was augmented by the wonky nemmy. I don't think it caused the kick to burn out, but can't be sure. I think the nemmy went wonky before the topper pole loosened.

So how come either you order spare parts which are needed by the time they arrive, or you order a needed replacement part, and by the time it arrives, you discover that the original wasn't the problem? It is either/or, and there is no other possibility.

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
So how come either you order spare parts which are needed by the time they arrive, or you order a needed replacement part, and by the time it arrives, you discover that the original wasn't the problem? It is either/or, and there is no other possibility.
sorry you're havin so much trouble.

Howdy Radel!!

medleypat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2016
Frankfort Indiana
kad beat me to it, but you can now. I was shocked though at another word in there that got through. Wow.

To Kenna from Tutu

as kenna said, depends on the manufacturer a lot and also on the flavor sometimes. TFA usually uses higher percents than many others, not always though. FA, Capella drops INW often use less around 3-5% Vapingzone super gourmet sometimes 1-3% Which flavors are you using?
Koolada (tfa) ,menthol tabacco (HV), menthol liquid (HV).

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Been frustrated lately. I ordered three kicks for my stash domestically at a clearance price that couldn't be beat, and from the time I put the order in my cart to the projected date of delivery, time rivals FT.

In the meantime, one of my kicks clearly failed, so had to toss it and put my spare kick into use. Then, one of my nemmys started not working. After trouble-shooting everything else, I removed the kick and replaced it with a fuse. Working fine now.

Along with all that, the pole came loose on one of my toppers. I screwed it back in, but the block twisted to make a short. Opened it up , held the block in place while tightening the pole, and now it works fine. Somehow, my density on figuring this out was augmented by the wonky nemmy. I don't think it caused the kick to burn out, but can't be sure. I think the nemmy went wonky before the topper pole loosened.

That's when you pull out your old KISS mod/atty, load it with some higher nic juice, and kick back & take a deep breath.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 24, 2013
    Tomah Wisconsin
    That's when you pull out your old KISS mod/atty, load it with some higher nic juice, and kick back & take a deep breath.
    But immediately preceding the crisis with mod and atty, I had a nic od on 3mg crisis. Now vaping the whole range between .5 and 4 mg.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Quick question just started diying juice not sure what percent of flavouring to use seen everything from 5% to 30% doing menthol. Any suggestions understand I will adjust to taste just looking for starting place
    Check in the DIY forum to be sure. But, I believe the menthol is recommended to be used very sparingly. So, maybe start at 1-2%.

Radeljack, welcome to the Porches!

Legs, since you keep up with this stuff better than I do, has PBusardo done a review yet on the Kanger Dripbox 160?

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I saw the same link the other day, made a comment, got a reply, told them they are murderers & got out of there before I blew up.
    A woman after my own heart! I applaud you!

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Spokane,WA
    Check in the DIY forum to be sure. But, I believe the menthol is recommended to be used very sparingly. So, maybe start at 1-2%.

Radeljack, welcome to the Porches!

Legs, since you keep up with this stuff better than I do, has PBusardo done a review yet on the Kanger Dripbox 160?
    I don't think so people are saying the Kanger mods they are putting out are crap. There are some others though. From all the reviews I've been watching the Cuboid TC 150W is supposed to be really good and also the Eleaf Istick TC100 that upgrades to 120W I believe. A lot of the reviewers are really down on Kanger since the Kanger 200w. Also the Istick has a really shallow 510. For the money the Cuboid 150W seems to be the best low priced mod out there. They have an upgrade to 200w but really no need for that. I've seen them for around $30 the Cuboid TC80 is also supposed to be good but it has internal battery.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I don't think so people are saying the Kanger mods they are putting out are crap. There are some others though. From all the reviews I've been watching the Cuboid TC 150W is supposed to be really good and also the Eleaf Istick TC100 that upgrades to 120W I believe. A lot of the reviewers are really down on Kanger since the Kanger 200w. Also the Istick has a really shallow 510. For the money the Cuboid 150W seems to be the best low priced mod out there. They have an upgrade to 200w but really no need for that. I've seen them for around $30 the Cuboid TC80 is also supposed to be good but it has internal battery.
    Regulated squonkers are quite rare. That's why I was asking about the Kanger Dripbox 160. I have REOs. But, a regulated squonker would be a nice luxury (if it's not total crap).

While I'm asking for advice: Lightning Vapes has 2 different kinds of Ni200 wire, Tempered and Annealed. Which should I use for NR legs? It says the annealed. But, is there an advantage/disadvantage to using tempered instead?

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I take it back PB has done a review on the Kanger Dripbox 160 I guess you are looking for a squonker?
    Yes, I am. He has?! I didn't see it. Do you by chance have a link?

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    Mostly just lurking in the background, been a while since I posted. Thanks for the link rhelton. These are 510 connection not the p3, I'm going to pick up a few of them but I wonder if anyone is making them with the p3 connection? Been trying to go to mostly RTA's with the ***@@$% FDA reg's coming our way, but the kabuki has the best flavor I have found. I'm a lazy vapor and just now trying my hand at the rebuildables.

Welcome to the porch radeljack. My wife and I each have a Kabuki and they've grown on us. I couldn't understand how people were saying it's so much better than the Nauty as the both use the same cool. But dang I get better flavor and vapor from the Kabuki. They're originals from HoH ... we got lucky one was gifted to me by another ECFer and one I got for $50 outside of ECF. I'm actually thinking about getting 2 more.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Spokane,WA
    I saw another brand of squonker also. I've been looking at so much stuff I can't remember what it was since it's not what I've been looking at. I'm trying to decide if I want to get some budget priced stuff with my allowance or just get a couple of quality pieces. I'll see if I can find it again.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Spokane,WA
    Regulated squonkers are quite rare. That's why I was asking about the Kanger Dripbox 160. I have REOs. But, a regulated squonker would be a nice luxury (if it's not total crap).

While I'm asking for advice: Lightning Vapes has 2 different kinds of Ni200 wire, Tempered and Annealed. Which should I use for NR legs? It says the annealed. But, is there an advantage/disadvantage to using tempered instead?
    I haven't used nickel in a long time but I'm pretty sure it's annealed. One is a little stiffer then the other making it easier to work with it might be tempered I have some I'll go look, it's tempered. It is a little easier to work with. I got mine from Stealth Vapes I think they are in the UK only ones that had it at the time.

garyoa1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Guys, have we forgotten what annealed is? We always annealed our kanthal before we wrapped a coil.
    Anneal = heating to take the temper out. Make it easier to work with. So what's cheaper? If ya got a match, yo can anneal it yourself. Oh... wait... wutz a match? ;)

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Legs, that's the video about the original Kanger Dripbox, not the 160. I still watched it again anyway to learn more about that one. As thorough as he is, he didn't check the one thing I would be interested in.

I want to know what wattage/voltage it vapes at with a higher resistance coil. He never tried that. He just used the coils it came with. There's no way I would ever used the .2 ohm coils it comes with.

Anyway, it's not VV/VW like the Kanger Dripbox 160. The problem with the 160 is that it's HUGE. It uses 2 18650s instead of just one.

Well, I just went to the grocery store instead. Problem solved. No more money for either Dripbox for this paycheck.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Guys, have we forgotten what annealed is? We always annealed our kanthal before we wrapped a coil.
    Anneal = heating to take the temper out. Make it easier to work with. So what's cheaper? If ya got a match, yo can anneal it yourself. Oh... wait... wutz a match? ;)
    The tempered is a tiny bit cheaper. But, I can live with the difference in price. I was just curious. Since NR legs were used way back before temperature control, I thought maybe this new fangled tempered stuff might be interesting to try.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread