Oct 17, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
holimakaru - I don't think I welcomed you to the porch!!!

Porch_Welcome.jpg

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Makaru has been here longer than me. We are a mutual sympathizers for each other since we both live in heavily trafficked "stupid tourist" areas.

Had lunch with a sloth today :)D) and will tell the tale later tonight, still at my parents' right now.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
On to another subject: there is a person or three here who likes the eLeaf iStick 30 Watt mod, isn't there? If so, is $42, shipping included, a decent price? I'm thinking of getting one.

We just got a couple iStick 50's. I'm really liking it. I did not like the iStick 20. Got one from an off-site co-op and the other from Rocky Mountain vapor for basically the same price. RMV had super fast shipping, free shipping and a coupon code = forum

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I have an Istick 20, too. Not crazy about it because it runs hotter than normal, but the size is why I keep it. It's good for out & about. I have to turn it almost all the way down to use with my Nautilus' 1.8 coils which I have a ton of. It might do better with the 1.6 coils. I even have to watch out with my Kf's.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
It's hard to hear the sound of one hand clapping over all the booing. I look at it this way: by switching platforms, ECF accommodated an apparent widespread need to complain about things that are, in my opinion, trivial. Plus, I get to complain about people who complain.

On to another subject: there is a person or three here who likes the eLeaf iStick 30 Watt mod, isn't there? If so, is $42, shipping included, a decent price? I'm thinking of getting one.
I have read where some say it can be inaccurate , though they said that about the 20w and it was more of a set it to when its good for you rather than going by a number you may be using on another mod.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Thanks! You have one (or more) and like it, yes?

And, since that's from Fasttech and it has a battery in it, are such shipments experiencing difficulties these days that anyone knows of?

I have 2 now and love them. Last several days before I need to recharge them.

And yes, from personal experience battery shipping is much faster. Around 2 weeks from shipment.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
there is a person or three here who likes the eLeaf iStick 30 Watt mod, isn't there? If so, is $42, shipping included, a decent price? I'm thinking of getting one.
I have one and like it.

I bought one thinking it would be a reasonably priced mod with which to play with sub ohming. I don't think I'm a cloud chaser but the mod is outstanding IMO. I ordered a second. It's shorter and lighter than an aluminum Vamo in 18350 mode and that makes it real pocket friendly.

Not if ya can wait a lil' bit... $24.12

If u need it faster 31.04 plus shipping with coupon code vaporfrombaker.
E Cigarette | Buy Electronic Cigarettes Online | E Juice - Mt Baker Vapor

Thanks! You have one (or more) and like it, yes?

And, since that's from Fasttech and it has a battery in it, are such shipments experiencing difficulties these days that anyone knows of?

Yes and yes! Actually I have four iSticks; (2) 15W, (1) 20W and (1) 30W. All three types are 2200 mAh, just diff 'tronics and parameters.
We just got a couple iStick 50's. I'm really liking it. I did not like the iStick 20. Got one from an off-site co-op and the other from Rocky Mountain vapor for basically the same price. RMV had super fast shipping, free shipping and a coupon code = forum
Thanks for all the comments and links regarding the iSticks! I went back and forth, then I went forth and back, trying to decide whether to get an iStick 30 or an iStick 50. Finally I made my decision and purchased a blue iStick 50 last night from Rocky Mountain Vapor. This morning I made up my mind again and ordered a blue iStick 30, also from Rocky Mountain Vapor. That oughtta teach that mind of mine! RMV has free shipping for any order $14 or more. Thanks for the reference and the 15% off coupon code, Mike. The iStick 50 ending up costing me $40.80 and the iStick 30 was $33.15. I had to get the "kit" version of the iStick 30 because they were out of stock on the "battery only" version, but they had all 4 colors available for both.

I liked that part, I hope we get it back. I'm not interested in trophey's & 5,000 alerts for likes, etc. I can see likes at the bottom of my post if I'm curious.
Want to decide what alerts you get? You can! If you hover your cursor over your username, upper right of the screen (not where your username appears alongside your avatar, but ABOVE that), a drop down menu will appear. Select "Alert Preferences" in that menu. You can then pick and choose what alerts you receive. You can disable alerts for likes and you can also disable alerts for trophies.

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I have read where some say it can be inaccurate , though they said that about the 20w and it was more of a set it to when its good for you rather than going by a number you may be using on another mod.

Well if the 50 iStick is inaccurate - it's leaps and bounds better than the 20. I primarily use mech mods w/ 1.0Ω coils. When I set the 50 to 14 watts (which is around 4 volts output) its comparable to my mech's on a fresh batt. A '20' at 14 watts was just awful for me. And now Janet keeps her '20' at the lowest setting for 1.6-1.8Ω coils. Anything higher is unusable for her. She's been using her '50' set at 10watts w/ a 1.8Ω coil and liking it.

I also like the ergonomics of the 50. Fits my hand well and the contoured fire button on the curved side is comfortable and convenient to use.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Thanks for all the comments and links regarding the iSticks! I went back and forth, then I went forth and back, trying to decide whether to get an iStick 30 or an iStick 50. Finally I made my decision and purchased an iStick 50 last night from Rocky Mountain Vapor. This morning I made up my mind again and ordered an iStick 30, also from Rocky Mountain Vapor. They've got free shipping for any order $14 or more. Thanks for the reference and the 15% off coupon code, Mike.

I ordered Janet's Wednesday night around 9pmEST and it was in our Mailbox Saturday afternoon. Not bad for free shipping coming from the Rocky Mtns (Breckenridge, I think) to Pennsylvania.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I have an Istick 20, too. Not crazy about it because it runs hotter than normal, but the size is why I keep it. It's good for out & about. I have to turn it almost all the way down to use with my Nautilus' 1.8 coils which I have a ton of. It might do better with the 1.6 coils. I even have to watch out with my Kf's.

Uh, might do better with higher Ω coils, to get the Istick into higher ranges, where the difference between it's Mean regulation from RMS is less of an impact.

Metal Storm

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Mid TN USA
How is everybody on the Porch doing? Coming up on 3 months smoke free soon. It's strange how it's harder 2-3 months later than it was on day two. Still on the right path though. One month from now will be 10 years sober.

I've added a few different juices to my usual rotation of stuff from Vape Wild. The tobacco flavors from Nite Lite are all excellent, IMO. Their RY4, Gold and Renegade really hit the spot for me.

Done with my cloud chasing, high VG mix juice phase, I guess.

Hope everyone has been doing well. Have a good Sunday. :thumbs:

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Question-- I had been using Wizard nic. Several months ago, I went from 3mg to 6mg. Now I am using RTS nic. At 6mg, I have been getting nic-sick symptoms. So I am going down again to 3mg. Has anybody else noticed a difference between brands, or is my math off, or could it be tree-pollen season compounding my sensitivity?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
How is everybody on the Porch doing? Coming up on 3 months smoke free soon. It's strange how it's harder 2-3 months later than it was on day two. Still on the right path though. One month from now will be 10 years sober.

I've added a few different juices to my usual rotation of stuff from Vape Wild. The tobacco flavors from Nite Lite are all excellent, IMO. Their RY4, Gold and Renegade really hit the spot for me.

Done with my cloud chasing, high VG mix juice phase, I guess.

Hope everyone has been doing well. Have a good Sunday. :thumbs:

Congrats, Metal! Wonderful feeling, isn't it, to finally have found a way to become an EX-smoker! :rickroll:

Question-- I had been using Wizard nic. Several months ago, I went from 3mg to 6mg. Now I am using RTS nic. At 6mg, I have been getting nic-sick symptoms. So I am going down again to 3mg. Has anybody else noticed a difference between brands, or is my math off, or could it be tree-pollen season compounding my sensitivity?

Did you get both in the same percent? Seems to me that if that's the case, then a math error might be the likely culprit... or maybe just allergy symptoms mimicing nic od??

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah

It's a good idea to check the nic content of a new batch of nic base. It may (or may not) be the nic % that you ordered.

A few years ago there was some "100mg" nic base floating around that tested out at 300mg. That company is no longer in business as a result.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread