Not open for further replies.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
How is everybody on the Porch doing? Coming up on 3 months smoke free soon. It's strange how it's harder 2-3 months later than it was on day two. Still on the right path though. One month from now will be 10 years sober.

I've added a few different juices to my usual rotation of stuff from vape Wild. The tobacco flavors from Nite Lite are all excellent, IMO. Their RY4, Gold and Renegade really hit the spot for me.

Done with my cloud chasing, high VG mix juice phase, I guess.

Hope everyone has been doing well. Have a good Sunday. :thumbs:

Nice! Good for you. What kind of 'harder' is it 3 months in compared to 2 days? It took me a couple-few months from day 1 to completely stopped smoking. I wasn't one of those that just flicked the switch and went totally from cigs to vape.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Coming up on 3 months smoke free soon. It's strange how it's harder 2-3 months later than it was on day two. Still on the right path though. One month from now will be 10 years sober.

Wahoooooo!!!! that's fantastic on both counts!! Jup, I struggled really badly for the first 8 months, then found some 24mg juice I could stand to vape, so when I went back up from 18 to 24, the cravings finally went away!

Question-- I had been using Wizard nic. Several months ago, I went from 3mg to 6mg. Now I am using RTS nic. At 6mg, I have been getting nic-sick symptoms. So I am going down again to 3mg. Has anybody else noticed a difference between brands, or is my math off, or could it be tree-pollen season compounding my sensitivity?

this will be interesting to hear what folks think about different nics, but could also be allergies. they'll do all sorts of odd things to ya.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Has anybody else noticed a difference between brands, or is my math off, or could it be tree-pollen season compounding my sensitivity?

Have used nic from at least four vendors with no notable diffs.

Was PIF'd some nasty nic back during da period dat tj mentioned above. Da PIFer had warn me dat it smelled bad... yepper, horrible... tossed!

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Question-- I had been using Wizard nic. Several months ago, I went from 3mg to 6mg. Now I am using RTS nic. At 6mg, I have been getting nic-sick symptoms. So I am going down again to 3mg. Has anybody else noticed a difference between brands, or is my math off, or could it be tree-pollen season compounding my sensitivity?
Without using a nic test kit (avail at WL and other places), there is no way to verify the strength of your nic... But I suspect that there may have been a mix up at the despensers and you got stronger than you ordered.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Nice! Good for you. What kind of 'harder' is it 3 months in compared to 2 days? It took me a couple-few months from day 1 to completely stopped smoking. I wasn't one of those that just flicked the switch and went totally from cigs to vape.
This makes you one of the 96%. I was in the luckier 4% that was able to put one down when the other one was picked up.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
this will be interesting to hear what folks think about different nics, but could also be allergies. they'll do all sorts of odd things to ya.
And dramamine is technically an antihistamine, which reduces pressure in the fluid-filled tubes of the inner ear.
Without using a nic test kit (avail at WL and other places), there is no way to verify the strength of your nic... But I suspect that there may have been a mix up at the despensers and you got stronger than you ordered.
And I am sure enough not going to spend the $$ on that.
Did you get both in the same percent? Seems to me that if that's the case, then a math error might be the likely culprit... or maybe just allergy symptoms mimicing nic od??
I had been using 48mg/ml, stepped up to 100 mg/ml.

I'll just back down to 3 mg/ml and see what happens. I might even dilute all my juices with pure 50/50 today, as the flavoring is a bit strong, too.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Well if the 50 iStick is inaccurate - it's leaps and bounds better than the 20. I primarily use mech mods w/ 1.0Ω coils. When I set the 50 to 14 watts (which is around 4 volts output) its comparable to my mech's on a fresh batt. A '20' at 14 watts was just awful for me. And now Janet keeps her '20' at the lowest setting for 1.6-1.8Ω coils. Anything higher is unusable for her. She's been using her '50' set at 10watts w/ a 1.8Ω coil and liking it.

I also like the ergonomics of the 50. Fits my hand well and the contoured fire button on the curved side is comfortable and convenient to use.

The inaccurate comments were regarding the istick 30watt.
For me most the time I go by the feel of the vape rather than a number. Not enough oomph turn it up , too harsh turn it down.
Also different attys require different power levels with the same builds.
Marquis atm on the mech is pulling 45-50watts , goblin with same build on reg i have at 30watts.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
No, mix it as always. However, the black tea seems to be the stronger component, and that is a different one.
Most black cherry flavors are like that. I use 1/5 the amount as other flavors.... You might want to make some test batches and see what the best amount for you is.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Thanks for all the comments and links regarding the iSticks! I went back and forth, then I went forth and back, trying to decide whether to get an iStick 30 or an iStick 50. Finally I made my decision and purchased a blue iStick 50 last night from Rocky Mountain Vapor. This morning I made up my mind again and ordered a blue iStick 30, also from Rocky Mountain Vapor. That oughtta teach that mind of mine! RMV has free shipping for any order $14 or more. Thanks for the reference and the 15% off coupon code, Mike. The iStick 50 ending up costing me $40.80 and the iStick 30 was $33.15. I had to get the "kit" version of the iStick 30 because they were out of stock on the "battery only" version, but they had all 4 colors available for both.

Want to decide what alerts you get? You can! If you hover your cursor over your username, upper right of the screen (not where your username appears alongside your avatar, but ABOVE that), a drop down menu will appear. Select "Alert Preferences" in that menu. You can then pick and choose what alerts you receive. You can disable alerts for likes and you can also disable alerts for trophies.

Thanks, Bells, I did that! My email is pretty normal again!
Uh, might do better with higher Ω coils, to get the Istick into higher ranges, where the difference between it's Mean regulation from RMS is less of an impact.

If I go higher Ohm's I have to go lower watts, which means less vapor. I'm at about as low as it will go with the 1.8 coils. It's better if I wrap a 1.3. I can vape that at 10 watts without burning my juice. Iguess the main thing I don't like is I have to go lower watts, less vapor, or wrap a special coil for it to go with higher watts. I like being able to take a tank that has the juice in it that I'm vaping, stick it on the istick & go, & still enjoy my vaping. I wanted to use it for out & about running errands & all that, becacause it is smaller, has the power & battery life I wanted, but it's a juice burner if I don't pay attention. Then I'm stuck till I can change out coils or dry burn/rewick. I just have to pay more attention to it than I like.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
This makes you one of the 96%. I was in the luckier 4% that was able to put one down when the other one was picked up.
Me too (4% group), but I know some struggle for months. Just keep at it, you WILL get there. And you have a wonderful support group right here.

Edit: msg meant for Metal...

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
How is everybody on the Porch doing? Coming up on 3 months smoke free soon. It's strange how it's harder 2-3 months later than it was on day two. Still on the right path though. One month from now will be 10 years sober.

I've added a few different juices to my usual rotation of stuff from Vape Wild. The tobacco flavors from Nite Lite are all excellent, IMO. Their RY4, Gold and Renegade really hit the spot for me.

Done with my cloud chasing, high VG mix juice phase, I guess.

Hope everyone has been doing well. Have a good Sunday. :thumbs:

Hi, Metal! Long time no see! Sorry you're having a hard time. I'm coming up on 9 months smoke free & after all that time without a craving I had a few minutes the other day when I just wanted a cig. No reason, I just wanted one. Vaped my way through it & in a few minutes the craving went away. I don't know that craving is the right word. It was more like after drinking tea for years, then suddenly thinking I'd like a Coke. Get a coke. Take a sip. Nope! Still don't like soft drinks anymore! Not like I gotta have a cig, more like, a that would be nice, about now thing. But I'm all good again! Kinda surprised me since it came from no where, but yeah, my mind went there! Somebody slap me out of it!

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
5ECXMzoVkJPzA0GADSVn3rhWN_Nm2GFJcMMCH0jHGEc=w243-h162-p-no
Aha fingered it out.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Not exactly like I wanted

legs, if you have the url to the picture then insert the URL between img tags like this:

{img]insert..url...here{/img}

but use square brackets [ ] not curly braces and your image will show up in-line.

EDIT: oops! I'm too late you figured it out

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Warning!

ruh - ruh. These was just figured out in another thread. You you reply to a conversation that was actually started in the 'old' ECF it's not delivered to the recipient(s).

UPDATE:

You cannot respond to PMs sent prior to the upgrade, the other party will not get it.
You must start a NEW "conversation".

The links between old PMs and their recipient did not carry through to the new system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread