Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Storm

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Mid TN USA
Hi, Metal! Long time no see! Sorry you're having a hard time. I'm coming up on 9 months smoke free & after all that time without a craving I had a few minutes the other day when I just wanted a cig. No reason, I just wanted one. Vaped my way through it & in a few minutes the craving went away. I don't know that craving is the right word. It was more like after drinking tea for years, then suddenly thinking I'd like a Coke. Get a coke. Take a sip. Nope! Still don't like soft drinks anymore! Not like I gotta have a cig, more like, a that would be nice, about now thing. But I'm all good again! Kinda surprised me since it came from no where, but yeah, my mind went there! Somebody slap me out of it!

9 months is outstanding. You will have year in before too long. The cig cravings aren't as bad as quitting drinking. That will drive a person crazy. Literally. Some of us have to do it though or we die.

You might be surprised how hard it was to give up Red Bull. It was brutal for a few weeks. I felt like I'd lost a good friend! :cry:

That comes and goes though. It's not always a problem. Most times I'm fine.

It was nice to talk to you again. Take care.

BTW, this is the third time I tried to reply to you. That's how bad this garbage forum software is.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
3-6mg is as high as I go. I prefer 3 but some of the stuff I get only goes as low as 6. I do like a good fruit vape. It seems like they need less steeping to me.

BTW, this lousy forum software is glitchier than usual today. :-x
dunno how much you smoked or for how long, and dunno if anything higher does bad things or if you've tried it, but many folks, myself included, find that bumping nic up helps get over that hurdle. Maybe have a little 9 just for those rough times?? I know yours is more about getting bored with flavors, but I had bad cravings for 8 months til I went back up to 24 nic, that's when I knew I wouldn't smoke again as long as I had what I want to vape!

Metal Storm

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Mid TN USA
dunno how much you smoked or for how long, and dunno if anything higher does bad things or if you've tried it, but many folks, myself included, find that bumping nic up helps get over that hurdle. Maybe have a little 9 just for those rough times?? I know yours is more about getting bored with flavors, but I had bad cravings for 8 months til I went back up to 24 nic, that's when I knew I wouldn't smoke again as long as I had what I want to vape!

More nic just makes me sleepy and I'm already fatigued all the time anyway. I took a vacation day today because I'm so tired.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida

Half my post was lost because of this garbage software they went with and I forgot what I was saying anyway so forget it. :censored:
That would be part of the CRS sub-routine. The one that they put in so if you cannot remember what you were going to say, it's not important. :lol:

Metal Storm

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Mid TN USA
That would be part of the CRS sub-routine. The one that they put in so if you cannot remember what you were going to say, it's not important. :lol:

My CRS SR acts up too much anyway. I don't need software that makes it worse.

I do actually have ADD. I really cant RS. :blink:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
More nic just makes me sleepy and I'm already fatigued all the time anyway. I took a vacation day today because I'm so tired.
well that stinks, I'm sorry. Hope you can find something that makes it better. You're doing great!! Maybe an extreme ice type of vape might help at times. It did me when I needed to wake up my tastey buds. I used vapedudes extreme ice. Not menthol but very pepperminty

Yeah the software is acting up today, but so far I've had pretty good luck with it. And like most of what I'm seeing. Hope that gets better for you too

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I usually have several toppers filled and ready with different flavors, to keep my taste buds happy. Uh, and several mods as well, so I don't have to go swapping tops. Never go out without at least two, full and fully charged, different flavors. I find that helps... :2c:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Mike,
I guess the cravings come more often now than before. I think part of it is the novelty of vaping has worn off. It's more of a routine now. When I found that first juice I really liked, smoking was a distant memory. But I tire of any juice quickly, no matter how good it is so I'm constantly chasing that "high" I get from the first couple of tanks of a really nice eliquid. I just vape unflavored all day at work trying to stave off vaper's tongue.

3-6mg is as high as I go. I prefer 3 but some of the stuff I get only goes as low as 6. I do like a good fruit vape. It seems like they need less steeping to me.

Half my post was lost because of this garbage software they went with and I forgot what I was saying anyway so forget it. :censored:

hmmm? 3-6mg is pretty low for a 'new' vapor. Maybe that's why the craving are coming on. Maybe keep some higher nic around for those 'craving' times.

OK. you guys like family stories... A long time ago (this past weekend), a family friend was having a 50th wedding anniversary. My dad was the best man at his wedding, but it's hard to visit because my dad has twice a week dialysis.
My dad went through his regular clinic to get an appointment Saturday morning at a clinic nearby, and they drove up starting Wed., so they could be there for the party Saturday night.
Mom tells me that when their friend opened the door Friday, he turned around and walked right back inside. His wife came to the door and could not stop crying. Turns out HE was crying too. They asked about a dozen times how Dad could make it when he had dialysis the next day. Since our friend did not die of a heart attack, I think that his life was extended at least an extra two years from all the positive energy!

Nice story Ken, real nice!

Good morning all from Australia. Have posted before. Been vaping since April 2011. New email. Had to register as a new member. Technology bit difficult for an old fart like me-64 years. Smoked for nearly 50 of them. Breathing well again after 4 years vaping. Shame vaping wasn't around then. All the best B.K.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Mike,
I guess the cravings come more often now than before. I think part of it is the novelty of vaping has worn off. It's more of a routine now. When I found that first juice I really liked, smoking was a distant memory. But I tire of any juice quickly, no matter how good it is so I'm constantly chasing that "high" I get from the first couple of tanks of a really nice eliquid. I just vape unflavored all day at work trying to stave off vaper's tongue.
Just get 3 flavors of Altoid's mints & have a different flavored mint every now & then. Keeps the taste buds stirred up!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I usually have several toppers filled and ready with different flavors, to keep my taste buds happy. Uh, and several mods as well, so I don't have to go swapping tops. Never go out without at least two, full and fully charged, different flavors. I find that helps... :2c:
That's what I'm doing, too. Even just a little bit of difference in flavor works.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Good morning all from Australia. Have posted before. Been vaping since April 2011. New email. Had to register as a new member. Technology bit difficult for an old fart like me-64 years. Smoked for nearly 50 of them. Breathing well again after 4 years vaping. Shame vaping wasn't around then. All the best B.K.
Hi Brian! Welcome back!

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
That's what I do too. Even when I go out I have at least 2 mods with different flavors. Maybe one creamy, one fruity. Or one home extracted NET and a bakery. 2 vastly different flavors so I cam "shock" the taste buds if necessary. And always a big bottle of water with lemon or tea/lemonade mix, something to "wet the whistle" and stay hydrated.

Edit : and Altoids!

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
That's what I do too. Even when I go out I have at least 2 mods with different flavors. Maybe one creamy, one fruity. Or one home extracted NET and a bakery. 2 vastly different flavors so I cam "shock" the taste buds if necessary. And always a big bottle of water with lemon or tea/lemonade mix, something to "wet the whistle" and stay hydrated.

Edit : and Altoids!
So you make your own tobacco flavoring, eh? I feel lucky that I craved the taste of menthol much more than the taste of tobacco. I did make some natural coffee flavoring once, and it was pretty good, but I think I prefer to drink my coffee instead of vaping it.

Software has been OK by me but then I have low expectations BECAUSE IT'S FREE!!
I was starting to feel so alone in not having any complaints about the new software. Thanks for the company!

Well... Juicy peach looks like it will be gone by the end of the day tomorrow... Gotta think up what I want to make next.
May I suggest juicy peach?

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
So you make your own tobacco flavoring, eh? I feel lucky that I craved the taste of menthol much more than the taste of tobacco. I did make some natural coffee flavoring once, and it was pretty good, but I think I prefer to drink my coffee instead of vaping it.

I agree about the coffee, but I do DIY a coffee flavor I like. Tobaccos? Not many synthetic flavors I like, and I don't vape tobaccos all the time, but in the evening with a cold beer, a good Virginia/Perique NET, well, for ME, is relaxing.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I agree about the coffee, but I do DIY a coffee flavor I like. Tobaccos? Not many synthetic flavors I like, and I don't vape tobaccos all the time, but in the evening with a cold beer, a good Virginia/Perique NET, well, for ME, is relaxing.
Is the home-extracted NET extracted in your home or someone else's home?

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast

And the best back to our down under Prodigal son! Plus a happy fourth vaperversary...
snoopy.gif
snoopy.gif
snoopy.gif
snoopy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread