Status
Not open for further replies.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Anyone hear of/using yet - propanediol (PD)? Been a lot of changes in gear, this is the 1st I'm hearing of something different for juice.

Will keep an eye out for more info, especially considering da price! I don't see me rushin' out to provide reviews...

Besides, it would have to provide a dramatically improvement over what I've been using fer four years B4 I'd even consider it.

BTW, if it's so expensive, why? Maybe dere isn't much diff twix 'green' and greed.

4. FIRST AID MEASURES

4.1 Description of first aid measures

General advice

Consult a physician. Show this safety data sheet to the doctor in attendance.Move out of dangerous area.

If inhaled
If breathed in, move person into fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. Consult a physician.

In case of skin contact
Wash off with soap and plenty of water. Consult a physician.

In case of eye contact
Flush eyes with water as a precaution.

If swallowed
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Rinse mouth with water. Consult a physician.

Yepper, standard MSDS cautions fer many, if not most, questionable molecules/compounds.

BTW, just wonder which product actually provides da smallest carbon footprint; PG, PD or 'bakky; dat's not even considering our health issues.

OK, ...

images

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
The following, from the MSDS data sheet for 1,3-Propanediol, would sure make me feel like a guinea pig. Remember, such claims as "FDA approved" aren't particularly meaningful. There is NOTHING that is approved by the FDA for vaping, although all joose ingredients have generally been approved by the FDA for some purpose or another.

4. FIRST AID MEASURES

4.1 Description of first aid measures

General advice

Consult a physician. Show this safety data sheet to the doctor in attendance.Move out of dangerous area.

If inhaled
If breathed in, move person into fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. Consult a physician.

In case of skin contact
Wash off with soap and plenty of water. Consult a physician.

In case of eye contact
Flush eyes with water as a precaution.

If swallowed
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Rinse mouth with water. Consult a physician.

Here it is for corn syrup

Emergency and First Aid Procedures
Inhalation: In case of accident by inhalation: remove casualty to fresh air and keep at rest.
Eyes: In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
Skin Contact: After contact with skin, wash immediately with plenty of water.
Ingestion: If swallowed, do not induce vomiting: seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label.

Propolyene Glycol (This stuff put in some asthma inhalers)

Eye Contact: p. 2 Check for and remove any contact lenses. Immediately flush eyes with running water for at least 15 minutes, keeping eyelids open. Cold water may be used. Get medical attention.

Skin Contact: In case of contact, immediately flush skin with plenty of water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Cold water may be used.Wash clothing before reuse. Thoroughly clean shoes before reuse. Get medical attention.

Serious Skin Contact: Wash with a disinfectant soap and cover the contaminated skin with an anti-bacterial cream. Seek immediate medical attention.

Inhalation: If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical attention.

Serious Inhalation: Not available.

Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting unless directed to do so by medical personnel. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. If large quantities of this material are swallowed, call a physician immediately. Loosen tight clothing such as a collar, tie, belt or waistband.

Serious Ingestion: Not available.

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
At two and a half years vaping... Still not a lung hitter.
and no need to be. Never thought I would be, just surprised to find out I liked it after I got used to it.

Looking at the batteries on this site, AW Batteries , should I only consider the protected ones? Thought I would get this charger, NITECORE Digicharger D2 - RTD vapor
RTD is a great vendor for batts. very reliable!! But I've recently heard that the xtar chargers are much better than the nitecore. Dunno if that's so, but what I've heard. Might wanna check those at the same place or get more opinions on it. Are the flat tops the ones recommended for the smpl? Dunno bout mechs cuz for me it's a Reo. and I second getting only the red aw imr's not the protected. I use the button tops in the Reo but it was made for those.

Found some of that propanediol ,,, $210 for 500g.

Holy cow. I'll stick with my pg for 25.00/gal shipped! well that's on sale. 30/gal when not on sale.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I forgot the part about lung hits! When we were in Portland I was in a lot of pain when we were out and about walking. Vaping made it worse when the pain hit, sort of like heart burn or acid reflux I guess, never had it before, and the vaping just exacerbated it, so I wasn't getting enough nic during the day. One night I had this vivid dream of doing massive lung hits off Sloth's mod (don't let him tell you he's not a bit of a cloud chaser). Dream was vivid enough it woke me up. Giggling is a great way to start the day. :)

BTW, I never knew until a a month or so ago that a lot of people lung hit vapes, or cigarettes for that matter. Live and learn.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I don't have the male parts to even give it a go but it was great in the dream. :)

Wolf! I keep forgetting to ask; how's Mum doing? The vape still going well for her? How much of your gear has she stolen from you now?

I looked at that tank and was pleased to see it was a top fill. Someday, maybe, I'm still going to get me a rebuildable.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
She's doing good Flamingo.
I ordered a protank mini 3 from fast tech 6 weeks ago but its lost and they say they wait 2 months then see about refund or replacement , even though neither them nor Australia post can find it.

So I ordered another one from a store over here , should get here this week.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Also ordered some juice for her to try from a different company.
She's just been on two from the one company.

Though they asked me how it was and had to say well i don't know as its been 5 weeks and haven't received them
So they said they would send the order again.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I ordered a protank mini 3 from fast tech 6 weeks ago but its lost and they say they wait 2 months then see about refund or replacement

danggg that aint right. But glad she's doing really great with her vaping!!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
even went with the upgrade shipping.
that could be why lol I have no idea, but dang most folks have said they're really good about replacing stuff. I'd tell em that don't cut it. Maybe some others will weigh in on their experiences. I've never ordered from em. But I know folks have said to use the cheapo shipping

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I'm sorry about your order Wolf. Didn't I tell you to tell them to feed those turtles before setting them out to sea? I'm sure FT will do you right with the lost package eventually but it's frustrating for sure. I'm glad Mum's still doing well with vaping though. :)

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Store in South Australia has been very good.
prices are good ( accounting for the exchange rate)
Stock is up to date , seen items in the coming soon part that I haven't seen elsewhere and have had to look them up.
Spend over $50 get free shipping or over $80 get free express.( thats good for Australia)
Recently got 4 pk samsung 25R 18650 batteries for $30.
Previous best price over here I could find was $9.50 each.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
So it sounds like Australia is coming into it's own, so to speak, on vaping? If they are, that would be great news as it means more people are vaping and it would be harder for them to stamp it out. Was rather horrified to read that news article about that fellow whose house was raided for nic and he was arrested.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
So it sounds like Australia is coming into it's own, so to speak, on vaping? If they are, that would be great news as it means more people are vaping and it would be harder for them to stamp it out. Was rather horrified to read that news article about that fellow whose house was raided for nic and he was arrested.

Yes in Queensland they don't like you having nicotine.
If it was beer over there you'd probably get questioned for not having enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread