Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Have to read and pay attention to everything these days.
Supermarkets over here can have a special they advertise in their catalogues say $2.50 for Bills jam 250g
Then on the shelf there can be all the bills jam and some stickers and they can be next to bills jam 500g sizes but those don't count.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Have to read and pay attention to everything these days.
Supermarkets over here can have a special they advertise in their catalogues say $2.50 for Bills jam 250g
Then on the shelf there can be all the bills jam and some stickers and they can be next to bills jam 500g sizes but those don't count.
jup they do stuff like that here too.....and certainly the old addage holds true of buyer beware, but the big places can get away with crappier things. We gotta try to stand our ground with smaller places who mess up over, where we at least have a chance of making them do right by us.

nite tutu

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
One person, and I'll never be able to find the post as it was quite a while ago, was so mad he wrote and complained. He reported they were very polite about it and refunded his money. You have nothing to lose by trying.

ETA - You do have grounds, they are trying to sell a counterfeit by using a similar company name and an identical product name. How much more obvious do they need to be?

would definitely try that!! That is beyond wrong. Mighta wanna look into deceptive trade practices act, cuz I bet that would apply, and add that in your email. Worked for me in a situation. Lawyer told me for free exactly what to say and that was part of it.

Maybe throw in a compliment about shipping or labels or something to encourage them to refund your money. Wishing you the best of luck with it.
I do not believe there is any legal basis for a challenge, and therefore am in agreement with Flamingo that you should try to catch those flies with honey instead of vinegar.

The reason there's no legal basis is because in the strange world of vaping products, where things are different than in the real world, none of this stuff is patented or copyright-protected.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Hiya bells
none of this stuff is patented or copyright-protected.
Some things are. I know Rob has some patents on parts of the Reo. Ave may or may not have patents on their stuff. But regardless, I mean he's not gonna sue over a bottle of juice, but they know what they're doing is wrong. Not that that matters to many but the threat of legal action is often enough to get em to do the right thing.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Hiya bells

Some things are. I know Rob has some patents on parts of the Reo. Ave may or may not have patents on their stuff. But regardless, I mean he's not gonna sue over a bottle of juice, but they know what they're doing is wrong. Not that that matters to many but the threat of legal action is often enough to get em to do the right thing.
Yes, parts of things can be patented, but that is not the same thing as copyrighting or patenting a product that is intended for vaping. I'm pretty sure that people would have tried to gain such patents, but since the purpose for which the product is intended to be used is not legally recognized, the usual legal protections are not available.

I'll guarantee ya that there is not a patented joose name in the entire world. Protected company names, yes, but protected joose names, no. If there was a incorporated entity with the name "Boba's Bounty" there would be good legal grounds for copyright infringement. However, the fact that there's been no suit filed is pretty much proof that there's no such incorporated entity.

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I know some big vape company, maybe joytech, don't remember won something big over someone else. But don't remember what it was all about. I can't think of it, but seems like there is something akin to theft of intellectual property, but I'm no lawyer.

umanbean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2009
Georgia, USA
hehehe I do cartwheels, dance jigs and do all kinds of things in my mind!

hehe... Deb, I bet you can do cartwheels and jigs - we'd just have to pry that REO out of your hands first though... hehe

I can't decide which is greater - the anger, the embarrassment from not paying enough attention, or the disappointment. After all this time, I finally decide to try the much-vaunted Boba's Bounty, only to end up getting the shaft.

Lesson learned though, I'll be paying more attention from now on.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
hehe... Deb, I bet you can do cartwheels and jigs - we'd just have to pry that REO out of your hands first though... hehe

I can't decide which is greater - the anger, the embarrassment from not paying enough attention, or the disappointment. After all this time, I finally decide to try the much-vaunted Boba's Bounty, only to end up getting the shaft.

Oh I would betchya.......BUT.....you would soooooo lose, and I just can't sucker people :laugh: I can kinda chair dance a little, but this body is pretty crippled up

ya shouldn't have had to deal with any of those. I do hope ya get your money back, and if you try the real thing, hope you like it after all this. I've never tried it, but have been tempted a time or three

umanbean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2009
Georgia, USA
I spent some time yesterday with my DIY lightbox.
After a little wrangling with the new forum software, here are the results... hope it turns out right.

At the beginning:
lightbox_5-1.jpg

Flaps unfolded:
lightbox_5-2.jpg

From the front:
lightbox_5-3.jpg

Finished product:
lightbox_5-4.jpg

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
After a little wrangling with the new forum software, here are the results... hope it turns out right.

Simple to make and really nice results. :thumbs:

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
3) If something is wildly popular, there will be counterfeits and knock-offs.
Except for the Provari... No one has yet cloned the Provari

At the beginning:
I think it turned out fantastic! I would probably go overboard and put some wood grained contact sheets on the outside... Just to "pretty it up" :)
Completely unnecessary, but I'm like that.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Great job!!! I had always planned to make one of those when I was doing paper crafts and photographing cards to post online, but I never did get it done. Mainly I never got the lamps purchased, and I was always photographing stuff in the middle of the night when I'd get done workin on it, so couldn't do it outside. Really nice photo!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
unless provape does have patents out the ying yang, give em time. China just recently did a pretty dang close knock off of the Reo. Cheaply made of course, and not completely 1:1, but there wasn't much difference. But heck it might drive more business Rob's way when they see how much easier squonkin is than drippin, and decide they want one with some quality to it.

ETA: that was weird turnin that into a link without askin me! durned uppity software!! lol

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA

I think it turned out fantastic! I would probably go overboard and put some wood grained contact sheets on the outside... Just to "pretty it up" :)
Completely unnecessary, but I'm like that.
The Chinese haven't cloned it but they have outdone it. The SXmini M class. It is as accurate and as well built as the Provari. I wish Provape would build a mod around the YiHi SX350J chip they would have a winner for sure. The SX outdoes the Provari in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread