Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modapa

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2009
Ohio/California
You've been vaping for over 4 years, and you asked if there's anything with a longer lasting battery. All of our responses so far are in regard to devices which are bigger than what you're using now. I figure that after 4 years you might not want to go bigger. You'd have a hard time holding any of these recommended in your mouth.

A longer-lasting battery is larger in size and requires a larger device, so if you want to stay at the current size you're using, new units will hold a charge longer than ones that you've been using for a while. It's generally accepted that a battery will only last through 300 to 500 charges, and they gradually lose capacity over that time frame. You didn't say how long you've been using your current devices, but if it's been a while, then a new one in the same size will have a longer lasting battery simply because it's new.
Well, I bought another Joyetech model, the 510CC. It's longer than my 510 but not too hard to handle. Problem is, it doesn't seem to work!!!! I charged it all day, the light stopped flashing so I put so juice in it and clicked it 5 times as directed and nothing.....

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Well, I bought another Joyetech model, the 510CC. It's longer than my 510 but not too hard to handle. Problem is, it doesn't seem to work!!!! I charged it all day, the light stopped flashing so I put so juice in it and clicked it 5 times as directed and nothing.....
This reviewer had the same problem at first because she didn't have the atomizer inserted. It would be nice if this helps but I have no idea and have never used a cigalike.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I understand the multi coil sub ohm high watt vapers go though an awful lot of juice each day. Not for me! KISS for me. Low wattage tootle puffer and proud of it!

Oorah! :thumbs:

tootie puffer is a term used to describe any vapor who does not use a sub ohm tank or RDA.I use coils that are 1.5 ohms or higher and would be a "tootie puffer" and I find the nickname offensive and degrading

Maurice, it's all meant in fun. I'm a proud tootle puffer, though, even being female, would have preferred a more macho term. But that's part of the hilarity of it. At the moment there are 2, 187 replies in that thread. I wouldn't have gotten past 10 if it was a derogatory-type thread.

Yeah, how about the smart vapers... The ones that are doing this to stay off smokes not the nirvana that most are looking for. I just think they are pushing it to far - I saw one the other day quoting something like 300 or 400w... What's with that...

300-400w? That's when you say, "Video or it didn't happen."

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Well, been around for a while, guess I aught to post here and introduce myself. I'm another of those "Tootie Puffers", 1.9ohm 8.5w mostly Trophy Tank user. Looks like an interesting crowd in here.

So, Hello all!

Welcome to the porch, Chuck! I've seen you lurking here I think. :) Pull up a rocker and make yourself at home. Pretty sure you know to be wary of chairs with Iffy's break-in acoustic pads (whoopee cushions) in them.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Ya... I couldn't either... finally copied the photobucket share code and THAT worked
That's what I do all the time. Then I paste it in using the little paper clip dodad. Works great and you can click on the picture and it takes you to the public area of my Photobucket.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
tootie puffer is a term used to describe any vapor who does not use a sub ohm tank or RDA.I use coils that are 1.5 ohms or higher and would be a "tootie puffer" and I find the nickname offensive and degrading

61321572.jpg

Welcome to the porch maurice.

Well, been around for a while, guess I aught to post here and introduce myself. I'm another of those "Tootie Puffers", 1.9ohm 8.5w mostly Trophy Tank user. Looks like an interesting crowd in here.

So, Hello all!

We like to think so ... ;) Welcome aboard Chuck.

Good morning.:)

Good morning Fran.

ChuckB

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Uvalde, Texas
Welcome to the porch, Chuck! I've seen you lurking here I think. :) Pull up a rocker and make yourself at home. Pretty sure you know to be wary of chairs with Iffy's break-in acoustic pads (whoopee cushions) in them.

Good morning all. Yes, been lurking for the last few days. Used to be on ecf quite a bit years ago, just wondered off for a bit and decided to come back.

And I like the idea of Iffy's "acoustic pads" that way we have an excuse just in case gas happens.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    I saw one thread quoting that car batts run at 750 watts - so guess what is next... Someone somewhere will try it - I just hope they survive the venture...

"Insanity" mods seem to run their course fairly quickly with most folks. They crank them up one time & say "gee that was fun", and then adjust them down to a reasonable wattage.

I get what I want @ ~8 watts, YMMV.

Saw this one yesterday. 4x 18650, Mofset protected, supposed to be good down to .01Ω w/ a kanthal coil. Are you kidding me?

cnrpetri-jpg.455073

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    That one looks like it must have at least a lawn tractor battery in it, Mike... and maybe need the same to cart it around! With 4 - 18650, it could exceed the 12 volts (nominal) of the same, depending on arrangement!

Other than the "fun" aspect mentioned, and I agree, once would be enough! - I can't see why I'd want to reduce my nic level (the pic shows 3, I vape 18) and go through gallons of juice. When I smoked, I wasn't after clouds. I vape to not smoke, so why should that change?? At lower power, with the right value coil, I still get enough vapor to blow "smoke rings" if I want.

Yep, confirmed tootle-puffer here :laugh:

bigbells

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 3, 2013
    60 mi east of Raleigh NC
    soledoubtshow.com
    At the moment there are 2, 187 replies in that thread. I wouldn't have gotten past 10 if it was a derogatory-type thread.
    I have no problem accepting your word that the thread is full of marvelous utterances from wonderful people. I won't be checking for myself. I'm shallow-minded enough that the name itself will keep me away. The name is just too deprecatory for me.

I saw one thread quoting that car batts run at 750 watts - so guess what is next... Someone somewhere will try it - I just hope they survive the venture...
    Sounds like somebody was confusing watts with amps. Some car batteries can supply 750 amps. (Cold Cranking Amps, actually.)

At 12 V, 750 amps is 9000 watts. My suggestions for vaping at that power level: use beach towels for wicks and automotive suspension coils for wire.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I have no problem accepting your word that the thread is full of marvelous utterances from wonderful people. I won't be checking for myself. I'm shallow-minded enough that the name itself will keep me away. The name is just too deprecatory for me.

Doesn't bother me a bit to say that I'm a Tootle Puffer.

(and at 6'3" & 220#, very few would argue the point) :lol:

bigbells

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 3, 2013
    60 mi east of Raleigh NC
    soledoubtshow.com
    Doesn't bother me a bit to say that I'm a Tootle Puffer.

(and at 6'3" & 220#, very few would argue the point) :lol:
    Heck no. At 6'4 and 240#, who am I to argue that you are bothered by something that you say doesn't bother you?

But no one except me is going to tell me what bothers ME, even if they're 6'5" and 260#, and I'll be happy to say that to their face as soon as I run far enough way to turn around and face them.

Run or fight? I'll run, thanks, and avoid the thread simply because of the name.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread