Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
One of the guys that I work showed me how to build a coil tonight. Yeah okay, so I'm miles behind everybody else. What else is new? :p He GAVE to me a kayfun V4!!! He showed me how to build the coil and wick it....AND gave me wire and cotton. I had NO idea this would be a totally new experience!! I'm in vape Heaven right now.
I have 3 of them now.
2 from fasttech and one from vaperev. the vaperev was more costly, but I cannot tell the difference between them.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
I made this one from a pic I got off the internet. I like it. Happy 4th to all us in the U.S.
!!!
july 4.jpg

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
The territories/Insular Areas do not pay federal taxes but are ruled by the US government and have no voting representatives in congress. They can send non voting representatives to congress though, for what that is worth. They do pay local income tax though.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
One of the guys that I work showed me how to build a coil tonight. Yeah okay, so I'm miles behind everybody else. What else is new? :p He GAVE to me a Kayfun V4!!! He showed me how to build the coil and wick it....AND gave me wire and cotton. I had NO idea this would be a totally new experience!! I'm in Vape Heaven right now.

I still having good success with my kayfuns to get a V4 but never the less. Now you go and get yourself some long and short M3 and/or M4 bolts from the hardware store, they are small and make great spaced coils, you wrap the coil on a longer bolt then thread it into a shorter bolt to install. Once you've figured out building coils and the proper wicking you'll amaze yourself and be stepping up your vape quality.

Rotowoman

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Louisiana
oh that's so great!! Did he show you on a coil jig, or just wrapping it around a screwdriver or something? It's really easy with a coil master or similar coil jig.

We have what we call "artists brushes" here. They really are small brushes for artists, but around here they use them for cleaning small parts, cracks and crevices. The size just happens to be perfect for wrapping a coil. I can't practice on the coil right now. I'm vaping on it. BWAHahahahaha

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
@FlamingoTutu I was thinking of you earlier today. I made a trip to my favorite B&M and on a whim picked up some discounted juice. I loaded it in one of my Kanger Subtank Minis and really am enjoying it. It is called Comfortable Numb. Here is how they describe it:
COMFORTABLY NUMB: This premium liquid blend will help you forget your troubles!
An all new organic watermelon front with several different creams to smooth it out then finished with a little shot of ice to cool it down. Not a menthol really, created to be enjoyed by both menthol and non-menthol vapors the same. Overall a very nice refreshing creamy cool fruit vape!
It isn't Watermelon Bubblegum, but is good none the less.

Last edited:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
That does sound good Diver. Thought I would check in. Haven't been on the porches much. I've been busy investigating Titanium. Going to get some from Stealth Vapes. Rob there sounds like he has some really premium quality stuff. As soon as he gets it spooled up I'll get 20m of .4mm (26awg). YiHi made public their test firmware supporting titanium. It sounds really great. You get TC like with nickel but the coils last 1-2months unlike nickel. When you rewick you just clean the coil under tapwater with a brush and comes out good as new I'm told. A little harder to work with because it is springy. But I've been told not that bad. Not something you would want to try without having some experience with TC but there will be people that do I'm sure. Basically the same coil you wrap with nickel 5 wrap 3mm 26awg is best for TC devices with a tank spaced coil. Supposed to even have a cleaner taste then nickel plus the longevity will be great. I get a max of 2 weeks out of a nickel coil. Wicking is the same and temp with a mod that is set up for Ti01 settings are similar. Like 380 more power then nickel cause of higher resistance. Average coil is near .25. Will keep you all informed. We are hoping to leave on our trip Friday and should be back around the 20th of Aug. I will be checking in and getting my Ti sent to where we are going to be. Have been busy making my juice up so I don't have to mess with that and once I have the Ti and have it set up won't have to mess with that either. Hope this finds you all well. Will probably check in on the Hangout tonight. Talk to you all later. We were hoping to be out of here tomorrow but it is hard to get things ready when it is over 100 everyday. Still 83 at 11pm.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
That does sound good Diver. Thought I would check in. Haven't been on the porches much. I've been busy investigating Titanium. Going to get some from Stealth Vapes. Rob there sounds like he has some really premium quality stuff. As soon as he gets it spooled up I'll get 20m of .4mm (26awg). YiHi made public their test firmware supporting titanium. It sounds really great. You get TC like with nickel but the coils last 1-2months unlike nickel. When you rewick you just clean the coil under tapwater with a brush and comes out good as new I'm told. A little harder to work with because it is springy. But I've been told not that bad. Not something you would want to try without having some experience with TC but there will be people that do I'm sure. Basically the same coil you wrap with nickel 5 wrap 3mm 26awg is best for TC devices with a tank spaced coil. Supposed to even have a cleaner taste then nickel plus the longevity will be great. I get a max of 2 weeks out of a nickel coil. Wicking is the same and temp with a mod that is set up for Ti01 settings are similar. Like 380 more power then nickel cause of higher resistance. Average coil is near .25. Will keep you all informed. We are hoping to leave on our trip Friday and should be back around the 20th of Aug. I will be checking in and getting my Ti sent to where we are going to be. Have been busy making my juice up so I don't have to mess with that and once I have the Ti and have it set up won't have to mess with that either. Hope this finds you all well. Will probably check in on the Hangout tonight. Talk to you all later. We were hoping to be out of here tomorrow but it is hard to get things ready when it is over 100 everyday. Still 83 at 11pm.

Good to hear from you legs. Yes, please keep us posted on how the titanium works out for you. I have some pre-made titanium but haven't tried them yet. For a while there was some 'scare stuff' being said about titanium but I think that's settled down to a non-issue.

Actually my favorite vape now is w/ a Provari P3 and Kayfun V4. The VaporShark w/ TC has just been sitting on my vape table for a couple weeks now unused. I've been switching back and forth between the P3/KF4 and a Polidic mech w/ a Kf-lite.

I like the TC vape - but for me, it's not significantly different than my other good setups. What is it that you like so much about TC vaping?

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
One of the guys that I work showed me how to build a coil tonight. Yeah okay, so I'm miles behind everybody else. What else is new? :p He GAVE to me a Kayfun V4!!! He showed me how to build the coil and wick it....AND gave me wire and cotton. I had NO idea this would be a totally new experience!! I'm in Vape Heaven right now.
Now there is a true friend. Showed you how to do something and then give you the materials to continue. Welcome to a new world.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Now there is a true friend. Showed you how to do something and then give you the materials to continue. Welcome to a new world.

Really, another benefit of vaping, it can bring the generations together :toast:

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Not to open a can of worms, or to assault those who prefer not to think about, but I have the need to share my opinion with y'all. I posted it on my FB page as follows:

During all my years of smoking I was not interested in knowing what it was about commercial cigarettes that was killing me, but now that my health has improved thanks to vaping, I sure want to avoid those flavorings which contain either diacetyl or acetylpropionyl. Acetylpropionyl is also known as acetyl propionyl, 2,3-pentanedione, or simply AP.

Diacetyl and AP are generally found in buttery-type flavorings, and there is no doubt that they have caused a fatal condition known as popcorn lung in an alarmingly high number of people who work in the flavoring industry, popcorn-making industry and coffee-roasting industry.

Kudos to a company called Vaporshark, which has paid to test and HAS PUBLISHED THE TEST RESULTS for every single one of the 200+ different e-liquids that they sell. This self-policing has aroused the ire of some flavor manufacturers, and has caused some others to outright lie about using ingredients that contain diacetly or AP.

A frightening number of the e-liquids contain frighteningly high amounts of these two undesirable chemicals.

It's my understanding that it cost about $100 for each of the e-liquids to be tested, meaning that Vaporshark invested approximately $20K to have the testing done. Thank you, Vaporshark!

Armed with the facts, I can avoid using any flavorings that contains diacetyl or AP.
http://www.scribd.com/…/2689749…/VaporShark-E-Liquid-Testing

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Kudos to a company called Vaporshark, which has paid to test and HAS PUBLISHED THE TEST RESULTS for every single one of the 200+ different e-liquids that they sell. This self-policing has aroused the ire of some flavor manufacturers, and has caused some others to outright lie about using ingredients that contain diacetly or AP.

A frightening number of the e-liquids contain frighteningly high amounts of these two undesirable chemicals.

It's my understanding that it cost about $100 for each of the e-liquids to be tested, meaning that Vaporshark invested approximately $20K to have the testing done. Thank you, Vaporshark!

Armed with the facts, I can avoid using any flavorings that contains diacetyl or AP.
http://www.scribd.com/…/2689749…/VaporShark-E-Liquid-Testing
And the more vendors who shell out that amount of money (minimal by corporate standards), the less likely it will be that the FDA would slam them and us with astronomical costs for their seal of approval.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
My favorite vendor, Nicoticket, has also tested all of their juices and posted the results. I agree that if many more would do it, the FDA would be less inclined to enforce some policy for testing when it's already been done. I'm glad to see that Vaporshark has done that, too.

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The infuriating thing about the FDA is that everything in an ecig is already FDA approved. Yet the most common complaint is... we have no idea what's in them.

Now, to be sure, there is a difference between eating something and inhaling something. That is, you kin drink a gallon of water but inhaling a gallon... prolly not a good idea.

But instead of everyone complaining, why don't they get up of their behinds and start screaming at the FDA to test for inhalation? After all, it is their job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread