Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
The new Vanilla liquid I picked up this past weekend has really mellowed out to a really tasty vape. It was pretty clear when I picked it up and is nice pretty orange in the bottle.
see, it just needed to steep a few days. fresh mixed juice can be off in it's flavor. jst a few days (some take weeks) to let the flavors 'marry' & the true flavor comes out!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I generally let them soak before scrubbing them. Sometimes I get negligent with my housekeeping duties. :rolleyes:

Oh! And I saw a hummingbird hanging around my nasturtiums today. I am not blind, but I think that is the first time I have ever seen one IRL.
They finally showed up at my feeder, too. i was so happy to see them!

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Nope, not alone, EB. Two of my 8 KFs are 3.1s, and they're all in rotation :)

Good to hear I was feeling so outdated. Being a tootle puffer I find the 3.1 to be an excellent tank. I own 8 of them BTW.
Good clones and repair parts appear to be harder to find. I guess that all of the sub-ohm tanks are causing their obsolescence.

Hemodude

Verified Member
Aug 26, 2015
Somewhere else
Bells I was going to tell you with Ti you get a much better coil with a coiler. Its tighter and you can keep the space much smaller.
I live by my CoilMaster for contact coils...and a very low pitch 2mm machine screw for open coils.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
HB's at my BIL's place in Lousana they were so busy at the feeder that I'd forget to eat my b'fast.
When I worked for the USFS, we had a decent house (women's barracks) with a covered porch. Bought a hummer feeder on a whim and hung it out there. Soon there were so many hummers (flying darts) that I bought another. Then another. Would have gotten more but we ran out of room. Hummers like to act like Big Man on Campus. They'd challenge each other by facing off, then flying straight up. Thump, thump on the roof. This would put everybody into uncontrollable laughter. Um-hum, life got boring between fatal accidents, devastating fires, and endless work shifts.

My last FT order arrived in three shipments, for six items. All required a sig to pick up at the PO. The bag shipped last and got here three days ahead of the other two. Took less than a week for that one. :w00t:

Overall, I'm happy with the bag and not sorry I got it. It is, after all, for storing gear in and being able to grab at a moment's notice should a fire erupt near us with no chance to actually pack stuff up.

Nothing is ever as big or small as you think it is, even when you convert the measurements to inches. :cry: What you think you can fit a Spinner into, you can't. But a coiler, screwdriver, tweezers, q-tips, 510 pin brush, Pup-Peroni, and other stuff not on the evac list will. It's all good (and El Whacko is ecstatic--for the uninitiated, that's our dog). I'm glad I have room for the other stuff and haven't filled it up yet so who knows what other can't-live-without junk I can squish in there. The essentials fit. There is now a cheaper, slightly different version for anyone who is (probably isn't) interested. $18.84 Authentic Karnoo Carry Bag for E-Cigarettes - w/ 111.5cm shoulder strap / 2-layer / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Iphy, got my Kevlar on phor Phriday, bring it on. :D

Last edited:

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia

A little more - Applied Materials hasn’t disclosed how much solid-state batteries made using its technology would cost, how much energy they would store, or how quickly they could be recharged. One perennial challenge with solid-state batteries has been that the solid electrolyte, which isn’t as conductive as liquid ones, tends to limit power output. Applied Materials says it is working on ways to improve that conductivity by doping the solid electrolyte, much as you would dope semiconductor materials for chips. The company is also working on ways to deposit the energy-storing materials faster, to enable thick layers that store large amounts of energy.

Long-Lasting Solid-State Batteries Are Nearing Production | MIT Technology Review

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
A little more - Applied Materials hasn’t disclosed how much solid-state batteries made using its technology would cost, how much energy they would store, or how quickly they could be recharged. One perennial challenge with solid-state batteries has been that the solid electrolyte, which isn’t as conductive as liquid ones, tends to limit power output. Applied Materials says it is working on ways to improve that conductivity by doping the solid electrolyte, much as you would dope semiconductor materials for chips. The company is also working on ways to deposit the energy-storing materials faster, to enable thick layers that store large amounts of energy.

Long-Lasting Solid-State Batteries Are Nearing Production | MIT Technology Review

I can't imagine the cost being comparable / competitive to current batts if I can buy 1 that lasts a 'lifetime'. Sure would cut down on the volume being sold.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I can't imagine the cost being comparable / competitive to current batts if I can buy 1 that lasts a 'lifetime'. Sure would cut down on the volume being sold.

And would cut down on what is being sent to the trash...

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
All of my KFs are lite+ with Plasma Tanks. Love them! I love my Hurricane, but not QUITE as much.
All of mine except one Nano are KFLV2 clones. 3 have dual airflow holes. I do want to get more, & maybe stock up on more parts. Have I said I love my KF's?

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
We have 4 original KFL Lite's, 4 Ehpro KFL nano's, and 1 Ehpro KFL Lite w/ daul air holes. Also, 1 original KFLV4 and 2 Tobecco KFL4's. Yep a lot of KFL's in our house and they're all in use between the 2 of us. I can't afford all originals w/ that many ... but when I can I try to get an original.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I live by my CoilMaster for contact coils...and a very low pitch 2mm machine screw for open coils.

I sometimes use, and often recommend, a 4-40 for open ones, Hemo. Almost exactly 2 mm id with that.

Haven't ever used the CoilMaster. Wind my contacts on a jewelers screwdriver of the diameter desired, still having the hands and eyes to make that possible :)

Along with my 2 3.1s, my other 6 are a mix of models, both single and dual air intakes.

And, for me anyway, while the Kanger Subtank with the rebuildable comes close, the KFs are still my preferred topper...

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Bells I was going to tell you with Ti you get a much better coil with a coiler. Its tighter and you can keep the space much smaller.
Yeah, I had given up on making coils. Then I got a decent coiler and it makes all the difference in the world for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread