Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
I like the way you're thinking here LB. Good advice. Just a thought of mine though. "justkiddin" mentioned (he?) was a MTL vaper. The subtanks IMO can be pretty airy on the draw even when closed down. Other than that minor point - you're suggestion is spot on.

ps: And that was David suggesting a replaceable batt mod.
Juskiddin = she :)

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yo, jk. :) Just a FWIW... everybody's different. Personally I'm an innokin nut and not a thing anyone has mentioned so far do I like. According to human nature... there's always sumpthin better out there! LOL But hopefully you'll hit on something that will satisfy you and your search will end. I'm sure there's something out there I'd like better but for the present I'm quite content where I am. Good luck in your search! :)

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Fixed it. Thanks :)

Our local B&M switched over from ego twists to SubTanks for sampling juices. Great to be able to taste flavors! A few other shops I've visited have done the same thing. @juskiddin, it might be worth your while to check out your local shops. Perhaps they have a SubTank (or Nauti) you can sample.
Great idea! Yes, we have a vape shop about a 10 minute drive from here. Just wanted to pick some grey (no pun intended) matter before heading into the store. Knowledge is King...or Queen...depending :)

Thanks again!

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
nauti + istick 30/40w.

Trust me, go with the 40W!
thumbsup.gif

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Yo, jk. :) Just a FWIW... everybody's different. Personally I'm an innokin nut and not a thing anyone has mentioned so far do I like. According to human nature... there's always sumpthin better out there! LOL But hopefully you'll hit on something that will satisfy you and your search will end. I'm sure there's something out there I'd like better but for the present I'm quite content where I am. Good luck in your search! :)
Thanks much @garyoa1 . Yessir, celebrate the differences!!

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
But hopefully you'll hit on something that will satisfy you and your search will end.

Oh, REALLY?! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nope.....not going with any TC device until they've been on the market longer and any issues surface......been there too often with the latest and greatest new device....;)

Although, if in the market for a new device, having the capability, whether or not it's used, may not be a bad idea... and the extra battery mAh is always a good thing....

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Oh, REALLY?! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Although, if in the market for a new device, having the capability, whether or not it's used, may not be a bad idea... and the extra battery mAh is always a good thing....
that is my thought too. Although I am not ready to go to TC, I might get a 40w iStick so I have the capability if I want to. Plus they are pretty cheap right now. I am happy with my iSticks. I also use primarily EVOD/Protank/Kanger T3s "tanks".

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA

For me.....the extra mah doesn't mean a thing if the device isn't dependable. I've gone through too many mods, and every type of clearo made in the last 3+ years. Those that have come to market and a good number of betas that never made it. I was one of the very first to have the first zMax, because I wanted watts not vv. I've had the zMax version 2 , vamo, spinners, twists, pt dongles, mechanicals, mvp, .....the list goes on and on. I've got batteries in all sizes. chargers, you name it. I am just weary of spending money in anticipation of nirvana and finding I've just purchased a piece of...doodoo. I prefer to err on the side of caution now. Will wait and see how the TC evolves and develops.

It wasn't all that long ago that everyone was touting stainless mesh for wicks.....and then the ceramic ;)......I shall just wait and see what the future proves to be reliable

rgerber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ USA
What a hoot... I am a new member..joined today...also an old guy...and I am literally sitting on my front porch with my coffee and my rda setup vaping as I read the posts here. Former 35 year pack a day smoker...picked the habit up in the army ..now 5 months cig free thanks to vaping. The younguns get a kick when they see me vaping in my buick at a stop light lol. They get impressed when I talk to them about box mods. ..sub ohm tanks and rda builds. Ha ha ha.
Welcome old timer!

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dave... Really! :D Haven't gotten anything new in more than 6 months. Outside of some juice. And not pulled to get anything new at all. Just totally content with what I have and been burnt too many times with (what I consider) total hype and junk.
But... thatz me. :)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
For me.....the extra mah doesn't mean a thing if the device isn't dependable. I've gone through too many mods, and every type of clearo made in the last 3+ years. Those that have come to market and a good number of betas that never made it. I was one of the very first to have the first zMax, because I wanted watts not vv. I've had the zMax version 2 , vamo, spinners, twists, pt dongles, mechanicals, mvp, .....the list goes on and on. I've got batteries in all sizes. chargers, you name it. I am just weary of spending money in anticipation of nirvana and finding I've just purchased a piece of...doodoo. I prefer to err on the side of caution now. Will wait and see how the TC evolves and develops.

It wasn't all that long ago that everyone was touting stainless mesh for wicks.....and then the ceramic ;)......I shall just wait and see what the future proves to be reliable

Quite true, and it does seem that every new device is the infamous "game changer."

I've not gone TC either, since I'm very happy with kanthal and Kayfuns. And have enough devices, both power sources and toppers, to keep me going for a long time. And, imo, TC still has some things to shake out. But IF in the market, getting one that has the capability may be a small means of "future-proofing". Heck, I have mods capable of 30+ watts, but tend to vape at 10 or less :)

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Nope.....not going with any TC device until they've been on the market longer and any issues surface......been there too often with the latest and greatest new device....;)
The soon to be out Evic VTC mini has updateable firmware....
NI and TI in TC mode. Wattage mode and bypass mode.

Spring loaded 510.
replaceable 18650 battery.

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The soon to be out Evic VTC mini has updateable firmware....
NI and TI in TC mode. Wattage mode and bypass mode.

Spring loaded 510.
replaceable 18650 battery.
And... I don't care! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread