Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothicmace59

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Henry County Georgia
I have a 42 pipe collection I am slowly selling on ebay....I would love to get a good EPipe and some good pipe juice....any suggestions on either are appreciated. For my pipes I smoked ready rubbed by lane...also walnut...trout stream and rum and maple I loved....and for morning I would start the day off with a not too heavy latakia blend....so any help on these would be so appreciated.

Gothicmace59

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Henry County Georgia
New acquisition:
Ea8WpSh.jpg

q4bu1YA.jpg

Puma Pipes "Tsunami"
So dare in ask what one of those costs???

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
I'm with you, Gary. i just want to vape. Not update firm ware.
I've got an EVIC, that I gave over $100 for, that hasn't been fired in over 2 years. Not at all interested in a new one.
Mine had software that I think would update it's firmware, but it only ran in Winders. I drive a Linux box so forget the software.
My main problem with the EVIC is it's Sleep mode that I was never able to turn Off. And it's display that is totally Unreadable in bright sunlight.
Obviously not a fan.:facepalm:

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I have a 42 pipe collection I am slowly selling on ebay....I would love to get a good EPipe and some good pipe juice....any suggestions on either are appreciated. For my pipes I smoked ready rubbed by lane...also walnut...trout stream and rum and maple I loved....and for morning I would start the day off with a not too heavy latakia blend....so any help on these would be so appreciated.
Gothic, you need to check out the Naturally Extracted Tobaccos thread. On my phone ir I would post the link. I was never a pipe smoker but I love some NET pipe juice. I even extract some myself. There are several vendors of some great NETs. Myvapejuice.com, naturally - extracted-tobaccos.com, ethervapes.com are a few. Again, sorry on my phone or would post better links. But check out the thread - first post has links.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Meanwhile I'll just puff away on my lil ole 4 year old Mako.

View attachment 486060
I remember the Mako! Oops, am I on the right thread?
I've never quite seen the need for removable batteries. For me it's so much easier not to have to keep pulling them out and putting them back. Of course I'm a complete tootle puffer so I don't need a lot of maH for an outing. And as far as having to throw away the whole unit when the battery dies a) I've still got one of the VV v3s I started with almost two years ago, and b) it will be an excuse to but something newer and fancier when one of these die. View attachment 486130

I'm also an Innokin addict. Really, I don't have shinyitis, there's been a good reason to buy each of these.
The reason for removable batteries? Above all, vapocalypse.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
For me.....the extra mah doesn't mean a thing if the device isn't dependable. I've gone through too many mods, and every type of clearo made in the last 3+ years. Those that have come to market and a good number of betas that never made it. I was one of the very first to have the first zMax, because I wanted watts not vv. I've had the zMax version 2 , vamo, spinners, twists, pt dongles, mechanicals, mvp, .....the list goes on and on. I've got batteries in all sizes. chargers, you name it. I am just weary of spending money in anticipation of nirvana and finding I've just purchased a piece of...doodoo. I prefer to err on the side of caution now. Will wait and see how the TC evolves and develops.

It wasn't all that long ago that everyone was touting stainless mesh for wicks.....and then the ceramic ;)......I shall just wait and see what the future proves to be reliable

I still get a twinge for wanting some of the new mods I see ... but it's much easier to just look at what I've got ... pick one up ... vape it ... and say 'no'. I've got a couple TC mods but unlike a lot of people I don't 'get' a quantum difference in vape compared to a VV/VW or even a decent mech setup.

I've vape mainly around 14 watts on all my setups, VV/VW, TC and mech - all with rebuildable toppers. For my vape taste/style I just don't see the need for a 200 watt TC mod.

Yike's the latest DNA200 board connects to a s/w package called eScribe. It's got so much customization features as well as real-time graphing/monitoring of the board when being used. You can even program in your own temperature control parameters. I'm just not 'into' that amount of technology for my vaping.

New acquisition:
Ea8WpSh.jpg

q4bu1YA.jpg

Puma Pipes "Tsunami"

Impressive! Very Nice! :thumbs:

I've never quite seen the need for removable batteries. For me it's so much easier not to have to keep pulling them out and putting them back. Of course I'm a complete tootle puffer so I don't need a lot of maH for an outing. And as far as having to throw away the whole unit when the battery dies a) I've still got one of the VV v3s I started with almost two years ago, and b) it will be an excuse to but something newer and fancier when one of these die. View attachment 486130

I'm also an Innokin addict. Really, I don't have shinyitis, there's been a good reason to buy each of these.

Wow - that's a colorful collection. Nice! :toast:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
And two more e-pipes have joined the collection! Love these things.
Made from a Gryphon in Italian briar. Accepts 22mm and smaller. 18500 battery.

v55TujF.jpg

Pipe #3 is a secret....out of production PipeSmith.
Love your pipes! My hands are kinda messed up from Rhuematoid Arthritis & the shape of the bowl & pipe stem of that first set up you showed would probably work great for me at the times I'm having problems. That stem length alone would be great.

Last edited:

runamok

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2014
Georgia
I just got in a Ti Provari Mini with a ton of extras. 2 Jtanks, Plastic but lite as a feather! on top of the Ti mini we are talking super lite. add the big bore pyrex tips I got in the deal and it weight's NOTHING! And they fit so tight with the Sophia's NO leaks. I'm in bliss. Now I'm going to put a clear Jwrap w/o the screen cut out and I've got a superlite Killer set.

Isabelle49

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2015
Thinking I may need to lower the nicotine down from 18 mg. Earlier today felt nervous, anxious, just not normal. Thought it could have been the coffee, but at only two cups of the same coffee I've drank over the last 17 years, I would doubt it. Switched over to a 12 mg juice and no similar effects. Will check out the 18 mg without coffee and see how that goes.

I would put a drop or two of glycerin in when I fill my Kanger with the 18 mg, but I find adding the glycerine makes it very dull and so drying. Anyone else find this with glycerin also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread