Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Letz knot furget the ol' dump bottle trick. If it sucks, throw it in a big bottle. Next thing that sux, add it to the dump bottle. Not to mention those good ones that only have a few drops left in da bottle. Eventually you may find a mixed up winner!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I just got in a Ti Provari Mini with a ton of extras. 2 Jtanks, Plastic but lite as a feather! on top of the Ti mini we are talking super lite. add the big bore pyrex tips I got in the deal and it weight's NOTHING! And they fit so tight with the Sophia's NO leaks. I'm in bliss. Now I'm going to put a clear Jwrap w/o the screen cut out and I've got a superlite Killer set.

Nice setup ,,, :toast::vapor::toast:

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Deb ruined me with Reos!
and.....yur welcome!! hehehe

I'm a MTL person and former cig smoker (almost 5 weeks...celebrate the small victories!)and very new to vaping. There's so much to learn I admit I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the choices.

I'm not interested in rebuilding...I like simple. I was pondering the nautilus mini with an istick 30w. Good idea? Bad idea?
the nautilus is a good tank, I had one of the large ones, no minis for me, til I got my Reos. But they are a bit pricey. Gracie (Flowersoul) has been recommending these, and if I had stayed with tanks, I probably would have gotten one to try it. I have never heard a bad word against them, and they have almost a cult following. Super popular with folks.
shorty one Eleaf GS Air MS - Eleaf Tanks - Eleaf - Clearomizers Tanks
and full size Eleaf GS Air M - Eleaf Tanks - Eleaf - Clearomizers Tanks

They're made by the same folks who make the Istick and are made FOR the istick. I'm also one that I don't care for mods that you can't change out the batteries in, but the isticks are very popular. before I went with the Reo, I was looking at the IPV mini. Now they have a version 2, but haven't heard anything about those. The heads for the GS air can also be rebuilt should you decide to try it, but not sure if it's intensive or not. If interested, hope you can find a Canadian vendor who has them. Not sure what type of airflow it has, but Gracie does MTL also. You could ask her, she has some of them. Good luck with your search. I'm thrilled my searching is over.

Gorgeous pipes Hemo

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I've never quite seen the need for removable batteries. For me it's so much easier not to have to keep pulling them out and putting them back. Of course I'm a complete tootle puffer so I don't need a lot of maH for an outing. And as far as having to throw away the whole unit when the battery dies a) I've still got one of the VV v3s I started with almost two years ago, and b) it will be an excuse to but something newer and fancier when one of these die. View attachment 486130

I'm also an Innokin addict. Really, I don't have shinyitis, there's been a good reason to buy each of these.
Amoret! Great to see you around. :) That is a colorful collection. I see you won one of the Innokin boxes with the ECF logo. Congratulations. You go girl! :D

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Thinking I may need to lower the nicotine down from 18 mg. Earlier today felt nervous, anxious, just not normal. Thought it could have been the coffee, but at only two cups of the same coffee I've drank over the last 17 years, I would doubt it. Switched over to a 12 mg juice and no similar effects. Will check out the 18 mg without coffee and see how that goes.

I would put a drop or two of glycerin in when I fill my Kanger with the 18 mg, but I find adding the glycerine makes it very dull and so drying. Anyone else find this with glycerin also?
Yep! Vg does that. It dulls flavor & some higher vg juices dry me out, too. Plus, if you added 0 nic vg, then you already lowered your nic by doing that, especially if you added it to the juice in your tank. If you did that, you lowered it a lot. Try just the 18 without the added vg to see if it's the lowered nic causing withdrawal symptoms not od symptoms.

Last edited:

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada

the nautilus is a good tank, I had one of the large ones, no minis for me, til I got my Reos. But they are a bit pricey. Gracie (Flowersoul) has been recommending these, and if I had stayed with tanks, I probably would have gotten one to try it. I have never heard a bad word against them, and they have almost a cult following. Super popular with folks.

They're made by the same folks who make the Istick and are made FOR the istick. I'm also one that I don't care for mods that you can't change out the batteries in, but the isticks are very popular. before I went with the Reo, I was looking at the IPV mini. Now they have a version 2, but haven't heard anything about those. The heads for the GS air can also be rebuilt should you decide to try it, but not sure if it's intensive or not. If interested, hope you can find a Canadian vendor who has them. Not sure what type of airflow it has, but Gracie does MTL also. You could ask her, she has some of them. Good luck with your search. I'm thrilled my searching is over.

Gorgeous pipes Hemo

Thanks so much for the links!

Actually, there's a B&M about a 5 minute drive from me although the B&Ms are pricier than online. I've yet to order anything online from a Canadian vendor mostly because I'm so new to all of this and it helps to talk someone in person. I'm not sure which Canadian vendors are trustworthy...not a truckload of info on them out there.

I'm so thankful for ECF and all y'all. Everyone's so helpful! Without this forum I wouldn't know my elbow from my ___hole. Well, I still don't but I'm learning....s-l-o-w-l-y.

Thank you again for the links. At least I can head into our local vape shop armed with a bit of info. My first visit there I felt like a neanderthal (palms dragging on the floor...wiping spittle from my mouth) not comprehending anything the young staffer was telling me. I'd entered some new dimension where they were speaking a language I didn't understand :)

Hope everyone has a fahbulous day!

Cheers to one and all.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Indeed, it does help to have some info before venturing into a shop - or you're liable to get talked into the "latest and greatest" and highest price items they have, whether or not it suits your needs!

OTOH, some shops DO have the customer in mind, not just their bottom line. But without some idea of what it's all about and what your need to not smoke, sometimes hard to tell...

kariM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Lethbridge, AB, CA
Thanks so much for the links!

Actually, there's a B&M about a 5 minute drive from me although the B&Ms are pricier than online. I've yet to order anything online from a Canadian vendor mostly because I'm so new to all of this and it helps to talk someone in person. I'm not sure which Canadian vendors are trustworthy...not a truckload of info on them out there.

I'm so thankful for ECF and all y'all. Everyone's so helpful! Without this forum I wouldn't know my elbow from my ___hole. Well, I still don't but I'm learning....s-l-o-w-l-y.

Thank you again for the links. At least I can head into our local vape shop armed with a bit of info. My first visit there I felt like a neanderthal (palms dragging on the floor...wiping spittle from my mouth) not comprehending anything the young staffer was telling me. I'd entered some new dimension where they were speaking a language I didn't understand :)

Hope everyone has a fahbulous day!

Cheers to one and all.
Hi justkidding and welcome to the Porch! I am in Canada and actually just got a GS Tank (which is as far as I know) is the newest and temperature control version. However, it can also take the regular GS coils.

I got both the tank and the non temp control coils from Canvape. They are a ECF vendor and probably have some of the best prices for online ordering in Canada. I have always had good luck ordering from them. There are many others - but I have only ordered from them and another on the West Coast that can get to me faster but are a little more expensive. Just depends on whether they have what I want and how fast.

Some info on the other online vendors can be found in the Canada forum Canada Forum | E-Cigarette Forum Seems that many of them do not want to be openly discussed - but it is getting better.

So far I am really liking this GS Tank. I have pretty much just been using my Kanger protanks, MT3 and Evods because the all take the same coil. Seems like every time I try something new - I just end up going back to the above. However so far I am really liking the tank - but I am only on day two so that could change. I just finished trying the Kanger Subtank that I got in the kit with the Kanger subox mini. It was good for one tank fill and then it started leaking out the air control ring.

So - it is now in the box of other tried tanks/toppers. I can deal with the little bit of leaking I get with a protank at the 510 connection - but I can't handle when it puddles where I set it down.

ETA: thought I should post a link to what I had ordered https://www.canvape.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=GStankTC

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia

Gorgeous pipes Hemo

What atomiser are you hitting these days Deb ?

runamok

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2014
Georgia
Ok all you Reonauts griping me out over tradeing off the 1st one that didn't seem to like me. I just got another one in the mail today and it's currently topped with my Igo dual coil while I learn how to build an RM 2. I'm useing the same batt and atty on this one that wanted to eat springs on the other. Working good, go figure?

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I'm not sure which Canadian vendors are trustworthy...not a truckload of info on them out there.

We've all been there trying to learn the lingo and don't know an ohm from an elephant. Well cept for the few that did know bout electricity before ECF. I had the Canada Forum link copied ready to paste, but I see our Kari beat me to it! You're doing great, and you'll pick it up. Anything that's confusing, you can ask a million times if you need to and eventually someone will explain it in a way that it clicks. Believe me, I put everyone through their paces, not only didn't understand, but just couldn't understand a whole lot of it. Folks had to explain stuff to me a zillion times, and most of em still love me! hehehe A little over 3.5 years later and here I am vaping mechanical reos, building my own coils, and making my own juice. So don't worry if you don't get something, and most definitely don't feel dumb or anything. You landed in a great place for info, and you're doing fantastic!!

What atomiser are you hitting these days Deb ?
Mostly a derringer clone and the nuppin V1. Playing around a bit with a mephisto clone, how bout you?

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Ok all you Reonauts griping me out over tradeing off the 1st one that didn't seem to like me. I just got another one in the mail today and it's currently topped with my Igo dual coil while I learn how to build an RM 2. I'm useing the same batt and atty on this one that wanted to eat springs on the other. Working good, go figure?
Nice!!! Seems like something may have been wrong with the other one. Nothing that couldn't have been fixed I'm sure, but a piece of kanthal could have dropped down into the 510 or something like that causing shorts. Glad you're liking this one. I tell ya, once I did it, it's been the absolute most simple thing I've ever vaped, and the best vape. ymmv.

For those that don't also read the Back Porch, Jewels husband just posted. It was him that was online, not Jewels.

Jewels passed away 6 months ago.
Dancin thanks for putting that here, I went over and put a message on the BP. So very sad to hear this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread