Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Don't know much about these version 2's, but I was definitely looking at the version 1 before I got the reos. You can replace the battery, and many folks loved the version 1 of this. This is a great price, but not familiar with the vendor. they're in charleston, sc.
IPV V2 Mini

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Hi justkidding and welcome to the Porch! I am in Canada and actually just got a GS tank (which is as far as I know) is the newest and temperature control version. However, it can also take the regular GS coils.

I got both the tank and the non temp control coils from Canvape. They are a ECF vendor and probably have some of the best prices for online ordering in Canada. I have always had good luck ordering from them. There are many others - but I have only ordered from them and another on the West Coast that can get to me faster but are a little more expensive. Just depends on whether they have what I want and how fast.

Some info on the other online vendors can be found in the Canada forum Canada Forum | E-Cigarette Forum Seems that many of them do not want to be openly discussed - but it is getting better.

So far I am really liking this GS Tank. I have pretty much just been using my Kanger protanks, MT3 and Evods because the all take the same coil. Seems like every time I try something new - I just end up going back to the above. However so far I am really liking the tank - but I am only on day two so that could change. I just finished trying the Kanger Subtank that I got in the kit with the Kanger subox mini. It was good for one tank fill and then it started leaking out the air control ring.

So - it is now in the box of other tried tanks/toppers. I can deal with the little bit of leaking I get with a protank at the 510 connection - but I can't handle when it puddles where I set it down.

ETA: thought I should post a link to what I had ordered https://www.canvape.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=GStankTC
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond @kariM . Yes, I discovered the ECF Canada forum a few weeks ago but honestly I think I spied a tumbleweed rolling by and the sound of crickets was deafening :) Not as much going on there as I'd hoped. Makes sense I suppose, considering our population is a fraction of the States'. Good to see a fellow Canuck here! :D

Thanks much for the info, I'll have a look see for sure. I love it when someone is kind enough to include a link. The more I read the more I learn (hopefully). Great to know there are decent vendors north of the 49th. Def cheaper online than my local B&M. I can tell I'm going to want something different soon. I'm happy with my 2 ego ONES right now but would be nice to have an option or 2 (3?...4?...stop me!!) I'm finding the ego ONE tank a wee bit small...going through juice quicker now that I'm not smoking. It's all good though.

Thank you again! !!
Cheers!

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
We've all been there trying to learn the lingo and don't know an ohm from an elephant. Well cept for the few that did know bout electricity before ECF. I had the Canada Forum link copied ready to paste, but I see our Kari beat me to it! You're doing great, and you'll pick it up. Anything that's confusing, you can ask a million times if you need to and eventually someone will explain it in a way that it clicks. Believe me, I put everyone through their paces, not only didn't understand, but just couldn't understand a whole lot of it. Folks had to explain stuff to me a zillion times, and most of em still love me! hehehe A little over 3.5 years later and here I am vaping mechanical reos, building my own coils, and making my own juice. So don't worry if you don't get something, and most definitely don't feel dumb or anything. You landed in a great place for info, and you're doing fantastic!!

Mostly a derringer clone and the nuppin V1. Playing around a bit with a mephisto clone, how bout you?

@Debadoo
You mean I'm not as dim as I feel? Phew!! Boy, your words really resonate with me. I was beginning to feel like not all my dogs were barking. I'd read a kazillion threads hoping somehow everything would eventually sink in. It's taking a while but I'm getting there. I remember the first time I refilled my tank - my heart was racing fercryinoutloud...so afraid I was going to do something wrong. Then came time to change the coil for the first time. I practically needed a defibrillator on hand! Now I can do both those things easily. Celebrate the small victories!!

Thank you for making me feel at ease and amongst friends. I realize now everyone had to start at the beginning.

Ohhhh, don't worry...lotsa questions to come I'm sure.

Cheers!!!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I remember the first time I refilled my tank - my heart was racing fercryinoutloud...so afraid I was going to do something wrong. Then came time to change the coil for the first time. I practically needed a defibrillator on hand! Now I can do both those things easily. Celebrate the small victories!!
It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that reacts that way! It took me forever to get carto-tanks to work right, and now they're my favorite. I've been working on RBAs for over a year and am barely getting comfortable with RDAs. I keep having to lay the RTAs down and come back to them, over and over and over again!

So, even after vaping for 4 1/2 years, I know how you feel!

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that reacts that way! It took me forever to get carto-tanks to work right, and now they're my favorite. I've been working on RBAs for over a year and am barely getting comfortable with RDAs. I keep having to lay the RTAs down and come back to them, over and over and over again!

Me thinks I'm in good company :)

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Me thinks I'm in good company :)
Oh but you are! We all started and went through confusion, frustration, and finally satisfaction. Ask away! Someone here (more like many here) can relate, offer their experience /ideas, and help you find that satisfaction. Also keep in mind, the latest and greatest ain't necessarily best for you. Sure not for me!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
@Debadoo
You mean I'm not as dim as I feel? Phew!! Boy, your words really resonate with me. I was beginning to feel like not all my dogs were barking. I'd read a kazillion threads hoping somehow everything would eventually sink in. It's taking a while but I'm getting there. I remember the first time I refilled my tank - my heart was racing fercryinoutloud...so afraid I was going to do something wrong. Then came time to change the coil for the first time. I practically needed a defibrillator on hand! Now I can do both those things easily. Celebrate the small victories!!

Thank you for making me feel at ease and amongst friends. I realize now everyone had to start at the beginning.

Cheers!!!
You Tube review videos are your friends! Videos that show how to do anything vape related are all over. Just do a search for the name of the device, juice, vendor, or random how to question you'll get a list every time!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
For those that don't also read the Back Porch, Jewels husband just posted. It was him that was online, not Jewels.

Jewels passed away 6 months ago.

Off to the Back Porch to catch up on this sad news .... so sad .... she was such a nice person - all about her husband and family.

@Debadoo

Cheers!!!

Hey ... Hey ... Hey ... just wait 'till we convince you to build your 1st coil. Then the fun (anxiety) really begins. :rolleyes:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
For those that don't also read the Back Porch, Jewels husband just posted. It was him that was online, not Jewels.

Jewels passed away 6 months ago.
I didn't really know her, unfortunately, but very sad to hear. My sincere condolences to her family and friends.

I loved my carto-tanks, when they worked. Had more than my fair share of the DOA cartos (at $2.69 a pop) I was thrilled when I found the Davides. May well be why I'm reluctant to move on from them. They work, don't need an engineering degree to get them to work, no voodoo dances to keep them working. Just don't soak them in vodka. :grr:
Hey ... Hey ... Hey ... just wait 'till we convince you to build your 1st coil. Then the fun (anxiety) really begins. :rolleyes:
Hold your horses there Bubba. Learning coils is nothing like trying to come up to speed with quitting smoking and learning about vaping. But I knew you were kidding.

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Off to the Back Porch to catch up on this sad news .... so sad .... she was such a nice person - all about her husband and family.

Eeeeeeek, nooooooo! I need a drink just thinking about that! :)

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
I didn't really know her, unfortunately, but very sad to hear. My sincere condolences to her family and friends.

I loved my carto-tanks, when they worked. Had more than my fair share of the DOA cartos (at $2.69 a pop) I was thrilled when I found the Davides. May well be why I'm reluctant to move on from them. They work, don't need an engineering degree to get them to work, no voodoo dances to keep them working. Just don't soak them in vodka. :grr:

Hold your horses there Bubba. Learning coils is nothing like trying to come up to speed with quitting smoking and learning about vaping. But I knew you were kidding.
Agreed :D

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
You Tube review videos are your friends! Videos that show how to do anything vape related are all over. Just do a search for the name of the device, juice, vendor, or random how to question you'll get a list every time!
Yes indeed, my phone gets heated up from all the YouTube vids I've been watching!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Eeeeeeek, nooooooo! I need a drink just thinking about that! :)
Just watch lots of videos. It will show you that all coils work, basically, the same way, & are made the same way but you can use different things to make them with to achieve different results. Or pick one video of someone that you understand, & watch it over & over until you've got it. These lovely, encouraging people have held the hands, & wiped the sweaty brow of many a first time coil builder. Including me. It was easy after the first couple of times I did it, but even the first one looked good, came out the resistance I wanted, & vaped perfectly!

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
But I knew you were kidding.

Ummm, don't think Mike was kiddin'! Maybe he should have said 'enjoyment' instead of 'fun'. But willing to bet he wasn't kiddin'...
poker-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Ummm, don't think Mike was kiddin'! Maybe he should have said 'enjoyment' instead of 'fun'. But willing to bet he wasn't kiddin'...
poker-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

What me kidding? You got to be kidding. :cool:

I've yet to hear you talk about BYOing (no not booze) ... 'building your own' coils. Don't you have a couple Sophia's stashed away someplace. You ever get them into the vape rotation? o_O

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
@Debadoo

Cheers!!!
You are to be congratulated just for making the first step to put down the stinkies. That took a lot of courage and I know I am not alone in saying how proud we all are of you. Not only that, but you keep coming back to ECF.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I've yet to hear you talk about BYOing (no not booze) ... 'building your own' coils. Don't you have a couple Sophia's stashed away someplace. You ever get them into the vape rotation? o_O

Mike, I have sooo much rebuildable stuff and supplies. But, when it comes to patience... first time shame on da device/build, second time shame on me and there ain't no third... 'til I run outta what I use. Seriously, I'm a lazy vaper!

Actually, I'm lookin' forward to da Odyssey. Besides da coconut, bareback riding and dancing workshops, I'm hoping we might have a 'TICK'* seminar!

* teach iffy coil kinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread