Status
Not open for further replies.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Very stressful day today. Woke late this morning to find that my 3yo chocolate lab (Trip) could hardly stand up. Off to the vet while gulping my morning coffee.
He had been diagnosed a week ago Monday to have an ear infection and was taking antibiotics to clear it up. Yesterday I noticed that he was not showing signs of improvement and figured I would contact the vet about it today. I never counted on something like this. Having to carry this 60+ pound dog to the car and into the vet's office.
He is still at the vet's office after running blood tests, iv antibiotics, and sedation. Hopefully things will be better tomorrow.
Prayers for Trip and also for you. I'm sure things will turn out well for Trip. Ear infections, especially inner ear infections can cause problems in large dogs. When he stands he is unbalanced and in pain. Not a good combination for a dog.

has anyone ever ordered from evape ?
Hey Sterno, check out a local internet site based in Choctaw, www.code3vapor.com good selection plus free shipping. I always have fast turn-around on my orders.

Jerry

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Just got back from visiting Trip. His head is still cranked over to ~90deg but he was standing, eating and drinking. Overall improvement from when I took him in Tues. The vet says he not ready to possibly go home for at least one more day.
Not a miraculous recovery but encouraging.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast

thumbsup.gif

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Just got back from visiting Trip. His head is still cranked over to ~90deg but he was standing, eating and drinking. Overall improvement from when I took him in Tues. The vet says he not ready to possibly go home for at least one more day.
That is super fantastic! I was worried sick when I didn't see an update this morning. Thank you for giving us one now. I'm so happy, happy, happy, which is really saying something since I have to go to the dreaded dentist in an hour. Keep fighting Trip! Good Boy :thumbs:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
has anyone ever ordered from evape ?

Trying to throw quick answer before I have to run - and not enough time to read others' responses.

YES, I've ordered from evape.us. No problems, good service, good prices for the things I needed at the time.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I haz a sad :(

I think the base of one of my Nautilus tanks has bit the dust. I cleaned it last night (lots of crispies way down by the contact pin) Loaded with yummy Peaches & Cream DIY and headed off to work. Poof - "No Atomizer" (and for one of the VERY RARE times, NO BACKUP!!!!!!) Resistance started jumping all over the board. I was able to "nudge" it a few times to get a handful of hits through the day - BUT - I did NOT need to go find a cigarette!!!!!!! (Especially after 19 months smoke-free!!!!!!!)

Thought about grabbing a couple of bases from evape, but alas, they are out of stock. Thought about ordering from fasttech, but not sure how good or authentic, and not enamored with waiting for 3 weeks. So, needed some new 18650s - headed off to myfreedomsmokes and grabbed two new tanks (I can always use the existing glass - that's still good!) and 4 Samsung R-25s. Coupon code gave me 15% discount and free shipping, and I had points from a previous order.

$71, and I should have by Tuesday or Wednesday at the very latest :)

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida

I think the base of one of my Nautilus tanks has bit the dust. I cleaned it last night (lots of crispies way down by the contact pin) Loaded with yummy Peaches & Cream DIY and headed off to work. Poof - "No Atomizer" (and for one of the VERY RARE times, NO BACKUP!!!!!!) Resistance started jumping all over the board. I was able to "nudge" it a few times to get a handful of hits through the day - BUT - I did NOT need to go find a cigarette!!!!!!! (Especially after 19 months smoke-free!!!!!!!)

Thought about grabbing a couple of bases from evape, but alas, they are out of stock. Thought about ordering from fasttech, but not sure how good or authentic, and not enamored with waiting for 3 weeks. So, needed some new 18650s - headed off to myfreedomsmokes and grabbed two new tanks (I can always use the existing glass - that's still good!) and 4 Samsung R-25s. Coupon code gave me 15% discount and free shipping, and I had points from a previous order.

So glad you didn't need a smoke...
once you rebuild replacable heads, you will only need to keep a bit of Kanthol and some q-tips at work.
forgot the q-tips? I've used paper towels from the bathroom as an emergency wick that kept me going the rest of the day.
:)

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
So glad you didn't need a smoke...
once you rebuild replacable heads, you will only need to keep a bit of Kanthol and some q-tips at work.
forgot the q-tips? I've used paper towels from the bathroom as an emergency wick that kept me going the rest of the day.
:)

Thanks for the uplift! Yes, I'm feeling pretty confident I'll not drift back to cigarettes, even if I don't have a vape handy.

I normally carry two iStick 30s with PT2s (and I have a stash of cotton balls in my desk :) )

Wanted to carry the Nauti today, and with the full-size tank, didn't think I needed anything more (HA! That's what I get for "thinking", right?)

I am still working on my wicking on my Subtank Minis. When I dial in on that, those can become good carry tanks as well.

I believe this to be a base failure (although, I haven't swapped the coil yet - I need to dig one out and try it, just to make sure it is the base.) If it's the coil, then so be it - I have two new Nautis coming my way :D

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
E, so glad to hear improvement with Trip. Sounds to me like vestibular syndrome, not uncommon in older dogs, although I know you said Trip is very young. Stumbling, dizzy, nausea, tilted head, etc. Yes, inner ear infection. Some fully recover, some partially recover (left with permanent head tilt), and, unfortunately, some don't recover. Don't give up hope, it sounds promising for at least a partial recovery that can still result in a good life. Hang in there, prayers for healing and strength continue. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Old Curmudgeon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Kansas City, fly over country

Glad you made it through a sticky situation. It's a reminder of how important a backup is! I keep my old Provari with me everyday just in case. I moved on to sub tank & a MVP 3, but my old carto setup will work in a pinch.

Been a looooongg time since I've shown my face in these parts! Hi everyone!!!!

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Glad you made it through a sticky situation. It's a reminder of how important a backup is! I keep my old Provari with me everyday just in case. I moved on to sub tank & a MVP 3, but my old car to setup will work in a pinch.

Been a looooongg time since I've shown my face in these parts! Hi everyone!!!!

I know, I know, I know.... I'm even a "preacher", but I was trying to carry a little lighter today. I have some "spares" en route (like I don't have enough spares as it is....) I'll just have to leave a setup at the office. That might be easier than carrying two all the time.....

But, reminders are good for all of us... I'll be the "example" of what *NOT* to do! ;)

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere

NO BACKUP? Why I keep a ziplock baggie in my truck with a 650 ma battery, evod tank, spare coil and a bottle of high nic tobacco juice.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
NO BACKUP? Why I keep a ziplock baggie in my truck with a 650 ma battery, evod tank, spare coil and a bottle of high nic tobacco juice.
Ducks head in shame....

I'll just keep a spare at work from now on.....

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA

Aspire's site has all the replacement parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread