Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
One more or more! I'm at 11 KFs, now. And a few other types of rebuildables, but the KFs, for me, are the reliable great toppers that I use most. A few of them are assembled from the various FT parts, and can be put together for about $10.

While weekly may be excessive for LIons, still a good practice. batteries will lose some charge just sitting, although Lions don't lose much. But keeping the emergency backups topped means they'll work when you need them! And a longer roation on charging would be too hard to keep track of... :thumb:
If you're not using a Li battery it should be kept at storage voltage (3.6-3.8V). Keeping a Li battery at 4.2V or below 3.2V unused will stress it.

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
The vet called this morning stating that Trip is showing improvement today, but won't be released for at least another day. Apparently the IV antibiotics are working.
That's great news!!!
Lol! MAY? One cannot have only one kayfun, Grasshopper!
One more or more! I'm at 11 KFs, now. And a few other types of rebuildables, but the KFs, for me, are the reliable great toppers that I use most. A few of them are assembled from the various FT parts, and can be put together for about $10.
I've got 4 and Janet's got 4 in our daily rotation. Hard to beat it. Janet prefers the nano version. One just won't do. Go for it.
Well, I bought 3 of the ones that are on special at Vapor Range. I think I'll probably add 3 more with this paycheck.

I wonder if that's enough?

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
The vet called this morning stating that Trip is showing improvement today, but won't be released for at least another day. Apparently the IV antibiotics are working.
Yaaayyy!!! VERY happy to hear this! Good .news indeed!

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

Hurray!!! What is wonderful news! The dentist office is now all pulling for Trip also. We were talking dogs and Trip dovetailed into that conversation. Thank you for keeping us updated. I'd dance around the house but I'd probably fall over from the meds the dentist has me on, and I haven't even taken the pain one yet. So, to Trip! :party:

:thumbs: :rickroll: :thumbs:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Just got back from visiting Trip. His head is still cranked over to ~90deg but he was standing, eating and drinking. Overall improvement from when I took him in Tues. The vet says he not ready to possibly go home for at least one more day.
Not a miraculous recovery but encouraging.
sooooooooo happy to hear he's doing better, and even more better with the later update!! Hope he'll soon be home and well recovered!!

BUT - I did NOT need to go find a cigarette!!!!!!! (Especially after 19 months smoke-free!!!!!!!)
that's great!! and great idea to keep a spare or two in your desk!

Been a looooongg time since I've shown my face in these parts! Hi everyone!!!!
Good to see ya!! And welcome to skitterpop and Boden also!!

I'd dance around the house but I'd probably fall over from the meds the dentist has me on
sorry ya had to go to the dentist, I have a tremendous phobia when it comes to dentists. But hope all is well wiff yur toofers now

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
If you're not using a Li battery it should be kept at storage voltage (3.6-3.8V). Keeping a Li battery at 4.2V or below 3.2V unused will stress it.

True, but I use all mine in rotation, so keep them topped up. Guess it's a fine line between storage and next in line :lol:

disallowedword

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Smokane, WA
Glad to hear it! I hope he makes a full recovery!
Life is good!
Im back to work with very little pain,
Back2Work.jpeg

From the sounds of it my "office" needs a kayfun. Guess I missed the Kayfun era, I would appreciate a link to a good source where I can order one, thanks all...

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
True, but I use all mine in rotation, so keep them topped up. Guess it's a fine line between storage and next in line :lol:
My rotation batteries may sit fully charged for up to four days. I keep some batteries, like my 26650's at storage voltage until needed because I rarely use those mods. Especially now that we have 3000mAh 18650's.

Love the Samsung 30Q :)

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Life is good!
View attachment 497366
From the sounds of it my "office" needs a Kayfun. Guess I missed the Kayfun era, I would appreciate a link to a good source where I can order one, thanks all...
I got half of my KFun 4s at Fasttech, the other half... Don't remember, but they were twice as much and either they were all clones, or Fasttech is selling real ones.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
My rotation batteries may sit fully charged for up to four days.
Thanks for the subject. With two mods, I just set up a multi-day rotation system for nine batteries. some are real cheapies, so I gotta be gentle with them.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Life is good!
View attachment 497366
From the sounds of it my "office" needs a Kayfun. Guess I missed the Kayfun era, I would appreciate a link to a good source where I can order one, thanks all...
What a view! Great that you are pain free, that's a blessing!

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Life is good!
View attachment 497366

I recently got two of the Kayfun Lite clones from these guys. The price was too good to pass up. Just love 'em.
I also own 8 Kayfun 3.1 that I been using for about a year. Got them from FT but are no longer available. Love these guys too.
https://www.vaporrange.com/Clone-Rebuildable-Tank-Atomizers-s/1839.htm

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I just checked... Sold out :(

ummm? Not sure if you were looking for the V4's (OOS) or KFL-Lites - but I was able to make it to checkout w/ 2 SS KFL-lites.

I think the V4's have been OOS for a long-long time at Vapor Range. I got a couple for that price many months back. When the price dropped to $9.95 there was quite the run on them.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I can't believe how good the flavor is in a Kayfun. I may need to order some more.

A nicely wicked kayfun is a awesome vape. I bought my first kayfun 2nd hand in the classys, nothing special build with rayon and it kicked the knards out of the protanks I've been vaping for eons. I then bought a new genuine kayfun and Russian and began buying till now I have 6 kayfuns all with different juices in them. Twisted 30 gauge 1.2 ohm spaced rayon is build of choice for my kayfuns(I like my builds to fire my provari) The only time I've had my kayfuns leak is when they topple over just the right way and I assume shift the wick a bit and it floods...easy fix.
The only real con I have about the kayfun is the deck insulator, it don't take much to cook it (too low ohm of a build) and after that its just not the same no matter how much trimming and tweaking you do to the insulator.
I had to get my wife a couple kanger subtank mini's to get her off the protanks, she don't like refilling the kayfuns and the RBA is sickly easy to build, she is a tootle puffer so she don't sub nothing, 1.8 ohm at 10 watts, easy filling atty were both happy. She can't believe how muted flavor is in a protank compared to the subtank and again...happy camper. She vapes a .75% sig circus cotton candy 4.5% HS Desert Ship blend I make
I finally drifted a bit off my kayfuns and got myself a couple TFV4's on order and going to see how those fair but they are going to have to be spectacular to have me put my kayfuns down but generally speaking your going to love your kayfun and 1 just isn't enough. ;)

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
sorry ya had to go to the dentist, I have a tremendous phobia when it comes to dentists. But hope all is well wiff yur toofers now
Round of antibiotics, steroids :)w00t:) for the inflamation and $600 after all that and at least those two teeth will be good for a while.
I use five in rotation. Was charging four a day but with the new charger and batteries, suddenly I'm only have to charge two a day. Go figure. At least I don't feel so bad sending the original five to the recycle bin.
Life is good!
View attachment 497366
Looks like you're doing 66-67 mph, so guess you aren't in California. :lol: Glad it's going so much better for you now. :thumb:

I see that I did say "I'm not going to be rebuilding coils or getting into diy juice" but now I am making my own liquids. In large part due to the fact that I can't open the childproof bottles that pretty much everybody uses now. I'm still never going to be able to make my own coils, though, since I can't do any kind of fine hand work anymore.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
For those using RDA's this Scottish roll wicking is rather good. Sure may use more cotton but its going nicely.
I don't use as much as they do in the videos.
Get a KGD pad strip off one of the outer most layers then hold it so the fibres are running vertically and gently stretch out the pad horizontally.
Keep going to you've stretched the pad out quiet a bit. Then they rip it in half and gently roll one of the halves. Then tightly roll one end and thread through coil. The one half was too big for my coil although they say it will be tight. I tore one of the halves into half again then rolled it then tightly rolled the end and thread it through coil. Vaping nicely, think its mostly to do with the cotton fibres being more spaced apart in the roll.
Oh cut the wick ends so they just touch your deck, length will depend on the atty and length of your coils, oh and after you cut your wick ends fluff the ends up to get rid of the crease the scissors make.

I see that I did say "I'm not going to be rebuilding coils or getting into diy juice" but now I am making my own liquids. In large part due to the fact that I can't open the childproof bottles that pretty much everybody uses now. I'm still never going to be able to make my own coils, though, since I can't do any kind of fine hand work anymore.
I am certain that someone has informed you many resellers are now stocking premade coils in 10 packs for about $3 per pack. Just bought 30 coils in different ohms from 101Vape. Used the premade ones before as well that came with my latest mods....they are exactly the same! Great for us seniors! Cheaper, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread