Status
Not open for further replies.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Horse liniment ( Absorbine Vet Liniment for horses ) works better than Bengay.
I use it all the time-smells terrible but actually works.
Couldn't walk if I didn't-LOL !!

Actually I use a liniment from Korea. Smells like horse linament with a touch of mint added... I said Bengay due to the familiarity of the product... I do not know the English name for the product I use but it cannot be beat...

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Summer was short here in the NW. I thought I had used my heater for the last time until fall but I had to turn it back on. It dropped down in the low 40's last night and high in the 50's with rain today! I just about had my daughters pool ready to swim but this cold spell will delay that.

I will trade you - we hit high 80's today, but the nights are still okay, but it is taking till almost 10pm to cool off.

old hippy

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Magnolia,Kentucky
The name of it-PLEASE !!
Anything legal that would help, would be greatly appreciated.
( do not drink alcohol or do the other stuff anymore-LOL )

Also, this is why the over 55 group understands and fits many of us ??

Actually I use a liniment from Korea. Smells like horse linament with a touch of mint added... I said Bengay due to the familiarity of the product... I do not know the English name for the product I use but it cannot be beat...

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Old Hippy - If you have a korean market around they should sell it - that is where I get mine... Do not get the pads they sell. I had lots of allergic problems with them and it took several weeks to go away, but the ointment is great...

Also, while I got you - while everyone is different Aleve is hard on the stomach if you have ulcer related problems, but if not what Willie said is right. I used to take it regularly until my ulcers started back up a few years ago. Still use it sometimes, but usually when I know I have some walking ahead of me... I take it about an hour before I go shopping with my wife... LOL...

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
The name of it-PLEASE !!
Anything legal that would help, would be greatly appreciated.
( do not drink alcohol or do the other stuff anymore-LOL )

Also, this is why the over 55 group understands and fits many of us ??

I'm paying attention to this, too. I've got arthritis in both knees, bone spurs in my left ankle that developed arthritis, and an arthritic hammertoe. Gosh, it's amazing to me how pain from a bad toe can travel through my body and make my day miserable.

I will trade you - we hit high 80's today, but the nights are still okay, but it is taking till almost 10pm to cool off.

It's lovely in Maine. We're getting around 70 most days now and cool at night. I'd love it this way all year round. Our summers are bearable, for the most part. We usually get a few days when it's unbearably hot and humid, and we just ride it out because a lot of us don't have air conditioning. It almost always cools down at night for comfortable sleeping.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I'm paying attention to this, too. I've got arthritis in both knees, bone spurs in my left ankle that developed arthritis, and an arthritic hammertoe. Gosh, it's amazing to me how pain from a bad toe can travel through my body and make my day miserable.

I learned about the ointment while I was in Korea and one day when I was in one of the Korean Markets it was there. I asked to make sure it was the same stuff since I do not read Korean and bingo I am a regular customer. I use it at night mostly to help me sleep...

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
I don't think we have any Korean markets nearby. I take 3 prescriptions and lots of good supplements. I feel really dumb for never even thing of using some kind of ointment or topical stuff on my arthritic problems. I'm gonna see what I can find before this weekend. We're going to a wedding this weekend with an open bar, and I want to dance my socks off!

old hippy

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Magnolia,Kentucky
Korean markets ??
No !!
OMG, I live way out on a hill top with the nearest neighbor a half mile away and the nearest store to buy sewing thread, for example, is a 45 minute one way trip. Buy most over the internet.
I buy groceries in bulk from an Amish store and make a trip to a Walmart once a month or less. As an agoraphobic, sometimes don't leave the house property for months at a time.

Old Hippy - If you have a korean market around they should sell it - that is where I get mine... Do not get the pads they sell. I had lots of allergic problems with them and it took several weeks to go away, but the ointment is great...

Also, while I got you - while everyone is different Aleve is hard on the stomach if you have ulcer related problems, but if not what Willie said is right. I used to take it regularly until my ulcers started back up a few years ago. Still use it sometimes, but usually when I know I have some walking ahead of me... I take it about an hour before I go shopping with my wife... LOL...

elbertdee

Resting In Peace
Apr 29, 2012
California
Today seems to be a day of physical aspects of becoming more experienced.

Grade 2 systolic murmer (born with)
Hypofisitus (sp ?) from jumping off 2nd storied building as a teenager)
Bones bellow the knees that never fused.
Ryders syndrome Arthritis ( strikes males in there early 20s, I was 23)
Epilepsy (started when I was 40)
Type 2 Diabetes ( 2 years ago)

Despite those things I have always felt lucky with my health.
I do give thanks everyday for my good health.
I feel good and mostly none of it limits me except my diet.
Lots of meat and few carbs, keeps the high blood sugar away.

oh and restless leg syndrome

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
You have the feett/back problem also ?
Is there any chance it will get better for you ??
xrays of my bones a few years back said things will only get worse for me and they have.

I have prescription pain pills but rarely ever take them-afraid they won't work if used too often.
Only take them on the "can't stop crying" days. Not a wimp, but pain can get more than bearable by far.

What does Aleve due as far as blood thinner for the heart ?
I do not trust adverts, and my doc put me on aspirin a day, many years ago.

Yep, I know this is not ecig related-but is alive to be able to vape ,versus running (?) for a cig anyway.

A"tens" has worked for me in the past, but never thought about it for bone pain !!!!

I take a heavy duty blood thinner every other day .. and a baby aspirin every day .. still take the Aleve when I need to .. no problems, but when I almost cut my thumb off back in December carving a guitar, I bled like a stuck pig, I can tell you that .. duck tape / electrical tape stopped the blood though ..

I won't get better ..

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Korean markets ??
No !!
OMG, I live way out on a hill top with the nearest neighbor a half mile away and the nearest store to buy sewing thread, for example, is a 45 minute one way trip. Buy most over the internet.
I buy groceries in bulk from an Amish store and make a trip to a Walmart once a month or less. As an agoraphobic, sometimes don't leave the house property for months at a time.

I will ask at the store and see if there is an internet place available - cross your fingers...

old hippy

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Magnolia,Kentucky
I am too embarrassed about the limping-bones getting "stuck and can't move for a minute or so" thing and am afraid to even try any more, to cross a street.
Would never go out with anyone shopping etc. Very embarrassing-people might think I am drunk, the wobbly way I walk.
But, I can and do keep gardening etc, cuz no one sees me here.

How do the rest of you handle this crap ? Are you able to deal with walking canes etc ?? If so, how ?

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
I use a pad called Salonpas that an old S. Vietnamese Army buddy turned me onto years ago when he managed to get into the States .. used to could only get it at a Vietnamese market in St Louis but now they sell the pads as well as the ointment at Walgreens .. it uses some sort of hot pepper that goes into your skin and gets hot .. lasts about 8 hours on the pads .. all natural .. and it does work, although it's best to make sure the area you put the pad on is clean as possible to make sure it sticks .. although this is another use of duck tape .. never used the ointment but I'm sure it works as well ..

old hippy

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Magnolia,Kentucky
You do NOT want to use horse liniment if you are out in public-LOL !! It smells, big time.
Danceing-omg- I could do that way too many years ago
Daily walking at even half normal would be my goal.

By the way-Jewels_ I use to live in Mass and did a whole lot of camping up and down the eastern seaboard.
Ptown and Truro were two of my favorite places. Maine is beautiful !!!!

I don't think we have any Korean markets nearby. I take 3 prescriptions and lots of good supplements. I feel really dumb for never even thing of using some kind of ointment or topical stuff on my arthritic problems. I'm gonna see what I can find before this weekend. We're going to a wedding this weekend with an open bar, and I want to dance my socks off!

Gadd

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
ARKANSAS
Does Aleve really work ???
Have severe arthritis in feet/ankles/hips and my lower back is not happy at all-I keep going, but does take time to get the joints loosened up and the brain to say-"ok-alright- this is normal life so get to work accomplishing something"-LOL !!
I refuse to end up in a wheel chair-am embarrassed to even use my walking cane-but do use a golf cart to get around for the yard work etc. And a RIDING mower !! ugh- getting older can still work but is sure harder to do that work.

nobody ever told me how hard it was to get back up, after sitting down--makes one not want to sit down in the first place-LOL !!
I am going through one of my Gout flare ups right now. If any of you have ever had Gout, you know what that is like. I get flare ups in several joints, not just the big toe that everyone knows about. Right now, I'm dealing with an inflamed knee. Very painful. Aleve (Naproxin Sodium) is the drug of choice for pain relief as per my DR. short of RX. I take a large dose and it helps to relieve the inflammation and does help some with the pain. The flare ups usually only last a day or two, but this has been going on for 3 days. Have a doctor's appointment Friday. It may be time to go on some regular preventive meds. Been putting it off because of side-effects, but this is becoming too frequent to ignore. Ah the golden years.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Oh, is that what we're doing today.

Okay, I'll add the following:

High blood pressure(take meds)
High cholerterol(take red yeast rice)
Chronic costochondritis(inflamed cartlidge in ribcage)
Right elbow issues(tendon weakness from tennis elboe) Yeah, like I play tennis...
Foot and ankle prolems(previously mentioned)
Swollen ankles
Restless leg syndrome
Insomnia
Varicose veins(been getting laser treatments and injections every 2 weeks since November '11)
Various neuropathies
Mental issues(take meds)

I'm sure most of the ladies here, some men, too, are familiar with the hormone firestorm of menopause.

Okay, I think I'm done, LOL. I, too, consider myself blessed. I am trying to eat healthier and exercise more. All in all, life couldn't be better...
Today seems to be a day of physical aspects of becoming more experienced.

Grade 2 systolic murmer (born with)
Hypofisitus (sp ?) from jumping off 2nd storied building as a teenager)
Bones bellow the knees that never fused.
Ryders syndrome Arthritis ( strikes males in there early 20s, I was 23)
Epilepsy (started when I was 40)
Type 2 Diabetes ( 2 years ago)

Despite those things I have always felt lucky with my health.
I do give thanks everyday for my good health.
I feel good and mostly none of it limits me except my diet.
Lots of meat and few carbs, keeps the high blood sugar away.

oh and restless leg syndrome

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Duck taped with duct tape...

Ducktape.JPG
mock.gif

bolt.gif

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Yes, we used to vacation here, and we moved here in '89. We love it.

Is there anything that doesn't smell bad for aches and pains...

I'm dancing, no matter what! I may not be able to move for a week, but I'm painting the town on Saturday!
You do NOT want to use horse liniment if you are out in public-LOL !! It smells, big time.
Danceing-omg- I could do that way too many years ago
Daily walking at even half normal would be my goal.

By the way-Jewels_ I use to live in Mass and did a whole lot of camping up and down the eastern seaboard.
Ptown and Truro were two of my favorite places. Maine is beautiful !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread