Status
Not open for further replies.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I found this in the New Members Forum. It's kind of a long read but the conclusions at the end are interesting.

This is just one study and many more of these are needed, but it was interesting as to what chemicals are found in "e-cigs" and what the authors thought about the attempts to ban them.

Thanks for sharing Tiny - I had not seen that one and I read all I can find on the subject...

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Oh, you had to tell me they are on sale. My wife would shoot me. Let's see - piss off the wife or no new pipe (hmmm). First, I have to check just to see how comfortable my couch is - just in case (LOL)... :unsure:

Semi - it'a all in the timing. My wife and I are sitting here watching Dog Whisperer. Her w/ her laptop and me w/ mine. I show her the picture of the pipe and say they're on sale for 12 bucks. She says - cool, why don't you get one.

Here's my confirmation number from Janty - 18974.

Let the mailman stalking begin (again). :laugh:

Last edited:

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Looks to me like this group would be a good example to a lot of people. It's so nice to see a problem overcome by people accepting other people. Thank you txtumbleweed for keeping the thread going. I've enjoyed reading almost all of the 329 pages of the first thread. Looks like this one is going just fine.

Looks like I'm part of a pair here. MikeE3 is my husband and he's a very nice person too. He talked about wanting to quit smoking for 2 years, but wasn't doing anything about it but talk. I'd heard about ecigs, but one day I thought why not give it a try. Of course Mike had to research it for about a week and found ecf. So we ordered our first 808 and 510. The day they arrived I was having a smoke on the back deck. I took my first vape and was so shocked at how nice it was! That was Sept. 1, 2011 and I haven't looked back since!! Truly, I accidently stopped smoking. Since then I've helped at least 3 people stop smoking and at least one other is well on her way. They're loving vaping!

I think we're still in the learning phase for most of the public so I don't rock the boat if it's going to upset anyone, but I do find that when I vape in public I often have people ask me about it and find it's a good way to give them some positive info. Get the word out there to help other people. Unfortunately I'm certain the gov't is going to find a way to get in on this by taxing it to death. I hope that doesn't discourage people. I do believe that one day vaping will be freely accepted and that's a good thing.

I'm trying to do my part by only using the terms vaping and pv instead of ecig and smoking. Take the old terminology related to smoking out of the mix and we may have a chance at helping people to let go of their old associations. It is different, it's not smoking. There's a big learning curve to overcome.

Vape on! Enjoy!

Welcome aboard Janet. Another Lurker speaks up - it is great and there are a bunch of great people in here to boot. Pull up a chair next to Mike and join in any old time. Spin a few yarns - we love them...

Tiny

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Wisconsin
Looks to me like this group would be a good example to a lot of people. It's so nice to see a problem overcome by people accepting other people. Thank you txtumbleweed for keeping the thread going. I've enjoyed reading almost all of the 329 pages of the first thread. Looks like this one is going just fine.

Looks like I'm part of a pair here. MikeE3 is my husband and he's a very nice person too. He talked about wanting to quit smoking for 2 years, but wasn't doing anything about it but talk. I'd heard about ecigs, but one day I thought why not give it a try. Of course Mike had to research it for about a week and found ecf. So we ordered our first 808 and 510. The day they arrived I was having a smoke on the back deck. I took my first vape and was so shocked at how nice it was! That was Sept. 1, 2011 and I haven't looked back since!! Truly, I accidently stopped smoking. Since then I've helped at least 3 people stop smoking and at least one other is well on her way. They're loving vaping!

Hi Janet! I'm sorry but I won't consider you a member in good standing until you give us some dirt on Mike, he's way to much of a nice guy :) He's been great on giving me advice on my new ProVari.

Nice to see you spreading the word, and congrats on 8+ months off the smokes. Hope to hear from you often.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Semi - it'a all in the timing. My wife and I are sitting here watching Doc Whisperer. Her w/ her laptop and me w/ mine. I show her the picture of the pipe and say they're on sale for 12 bucks. She says - cool, why don't you get one.

Here's my confirmation number from Janty - 18974.

Let the mailman stalking begin (again). :laugh:

My wife - says it will make me look old (like I don't already - LOL)... She has said yes to everything and has backed me all the way with this. She says she is so happy not to have to kiss an ashtray anymore. She does not nor has she ever smoked and now when I visit someone that does still smoke - I can smell it also... It sure makes me wonder how we did it for so many years... I am trying to convert as many as I can. So far I have converted 3...

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Copy/Paste from other place:

Hey guys, don't you think suppliers should give us a senior discount? :)63 years young here. Been smoking since I was 17. Saw the ads on TV and at first laughed it off. Just couldn't imagine something like that would work. Boy, was I ever wrong. Went to the smoke store to get my usual 2 cartons but we decided to give these new fangled things a try. hubby ended up smoking the cigarettes. I couldn't stand them after a few days of vaping. He is having a few problems vaping so we are trying to troubleshoot it. Right now he is doing the drip on an atty method with unflavored nic juice. So far it is working.
I know I can take a much much deeper breath now without pain and I no longer have to spent the first hour of the morning coughing and hacking. Love it and will never go back.

Only change. Hubby is now using CE3 smokymizers. Still having a bit of a sore throat but I think that will go away once he learns that he can't vape the same way he smoked.

Sure is great to see so many friends coming on over to our new home away from home.

n9emz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2012
Florida Space Coast
home.bluemarble.net
Have you all thought about starting a Social Group ?

lol....if everyone else is like me, we're having trouble getting caught up here and no time to do anything else. Thanks for annotating the old thread with a link here. Nice touch befitting of your username. Regards,

n9emz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2012
Florida Space Coast
home.bluemarble.net
Rob, Richie, Janet....your story in particular was a neck-snapper. I thought norminator99 (Norma) had signed on with a bogus ID. Welcome and thanks for your stories as well as for the reiterations from matti, ron, iffy, semi, Mike....unh, my head is spinning....where's Danny and the rest?

Fine business with Area 51, ron....

BHFBa.JPG

lights.JPG

Hey, folks....how about a little slack to get caught up?

friends.JPG.jpg

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Have you all thought about starting a Social Group ?

I'm not the OP so obviously can't speak for him. Can you tell us about a Social Group? Benefit to the folks in this thread? Benefits to ECF? But honestly right now I think we're just trying to bump this thread so folks from the previous one can find it.

thanks for checking in.

ps: and thanks for the link in the old thread

Last edited:

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Hi Janet! I'm sorry but I won't consider you a member in good standing until you give us some dirt on Mike, he's way to much of a nice guy :) He's been great on giving me advice on my new ProVari.

Nice to see you spreading the word, and congrats on 8+ months off the smokes. Hope to hear from you often.

Thanks Tiny. Dirt on Mike. Hmmm, he's pretty normal, but like a lot of guys I know he saves EVERYTHING! He's getting better though, slowly, but better. We're retired now and looking to downsize so I just keep telling him, "do you really want to pay somebody to move that?" and he'll relent. Hard to let go. Probably why we stayed with the stinkies so long.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
My wife - says it will make me look old (like I don't already - LOL)... She has said yes to everything and has backed me all the way with this. She says she is so happy not to have to kiss an ashtray anymore. She does not nor has she ever smoked and now when I visit someone that does still smoke - I can smell it also... It sure makes me wonder how we did it for so many years... I am trying to convert as many as I can. So far I have converted 3...

Nah, won't make you look old - distinguished maybe? Guess my smeller is getting better without the stinkies because i walked by the WaWa the other week. It's where we always stopped for our cigarettes. There's a smokers pole there and i never noticed how BAD it smelled! How could I not notice that? Good grief. No wonder we call them stinkies! Our house and cars smell so much better now. How nice!

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I'm not the OP so obviously can't speak for him. Can you tell us about a Social Group? Benefit to the folks in this thread? Benefits to ECF? But honestly right now I think we're just trying to bump this thread so folks from the previous one can find it.

thanks for checking in.

The Mature Forum, Social Group, will remain open and Semi will be overseeing it.:2cool:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

thanks for checking in.

Pretty much a Social Group is what you have going here...in General E-Smoking Discussion... :p

With a designated Social Group, you could create also threads with different topics.

You don't need to move your posts from the other thread, it is not going to be deleted and both threads are cross linked. :facepalm:

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Thanks Tiny. Dirt on Mike. Hmmm, he's pretty normal, but like a lot of guys I know he saves EVERYTHING! He's getting better though, slowly, but better. We're retired now and looking to downsize so I just keep telling him, "do you really want to pay somebody to move that?" and he'll relent. Hard to let go. Probably why we stayed with the stinkies so long.

Welcome to the thread Janet. I'm just curious does Mike ever get out of that chair? He is always kicking back everytime I see him. :2cool:

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Pretty much a Social Group is what you have going here...in General E-Smoking Discussion... :p

With a designated Social Group, you could create also threads with different topics.

You don't need to move your posts from the other thread, it is not going to be deleted and both threads are cross linked. :facepalm:

We have one already Classwife. It is called Mature Vapers and Semi is going to take it over being as we already have lots of threads on there and 84 members. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/groups/
Thanks though!:2cool:

Gadd

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
ARKANSAS
Well, I made the jump as well. Hope this thread will have a long and contented life!

I'm 65, and had smoked for 46 yrs prior to trying an e-cigarette. I always enjoyed smoking and had made half hearted attempts to quit a few times, but I really didn't want to quit. My wife is very sensitive to cigarette smoke, so I always went outside to have a hit, and when I would come back in, she wouldn't stay in the same room with me for quite a while. Since I went to vaping, I now know why. People that smoke, STINK. I had cardiac bypass surgery and was told by my Dr. that I was borderline COPD. Still smoked. My wife has never been a nag about it but I know that it bothered her, but one day she showed me an ad in a magazine for one of those e-cigarette systems that advertise on tv. She asked if I would try it if she bought me one. I told her to let me look into it. I then began some research on the Net and found lots of information, including this forum. I spent about three days reading everything that I could. I ordered a Penstyle 801 for my first kit. It worked ok, but I soon tired of the cartridges and the mess and shortly after ordered my first ego type kit. Haven't looked back. The day that I got my first e-cig was the last day that I smoked. Lungs are clear, angina has not reappeared, and I don't stink up the house. My wife sits with me again, and even encourages me to vape in the car, because she likes the aroma of some of my favorite flavors.
Been analog free for about a year and a half. It's all good

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread