Status
Not open for further replies.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
I remember when the Doctors and nurses smoked, also teachers. I remember when I was a kid and went to the Doctor and he said drop your pants and laid his cigarette down and gave me a shot, how things have changed. People smoked every where, stores, hospitals, elevators it did not matter, they even smoked in College class rooms. Almost All of my relatives smoked and holidays where a complete smoke out in the homes. Both of my parents smoked in the car all the time. I smoked for years and years and was up to 3 packs a day. Quit and after 5 years took up cigars and smoked 5 to 6 a day, and that was the big ones. I guess I have been lucky and at age 67 I have no health problems but I did quit smoking for a couple of years before I took up cigars for about 12 years. Now I have not smoked anything in over a year since I started using E-Cigs. Now all of you know how bad cigars smell so I never smoked them in the house and would smoke on the deck in summer and in the garage in winter with a heater and my coat on. How nice now that I feel so much better and no smoke smell on me or house or car. My wife is thankful too as she put up with it in the car with the windows cracked in the winter and that did not help much for the smell or the smoke. Now I can use the E-Cig in the house, car and even in some of my non smoking friends houses and not bother any one.

Last edited:

Tiny

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Wisconsin
Well, I made the jump as well. Hope this thread will have a long and contented life!

Amen to that Gadd! Glad to see you found your way here, good to have you here.

I remember when the Doctors and nurses smoked, also teachers. I remember when I was a kid and went to the Doctor and he said drop your pants and laid his cigarette down and gave me a shot, how things have changed. ...

Welcome WyoJoe! I remember those days too. Before we went to Boy Scout camp we had to get checked for a hernia. There was a line of kids with an old Doctor at the front with an unfiltered Camel dangling from his lips checking all the kids out. It's both pretty funny and sad at the same time. Amazing how things have changed.

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
From the old thread:

Hard to believe that was over two months ago, but I'm still 70 and still vaping.

I just made a party for my sister who turned 70. The cake said "7 effen D". Because my sister, the previous year, referred to herself as sixty-effen-nine years old. (Only she sald the REAL F word)

I asked ClassWife to put a link to this thread in the old one that was closed; she was happy to do so! I hope everyone finds their way here.

xox

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Well, Good Morning Everyone...

Looks like a few Night Owls are still burning fuel and I am the first one up after a good nights rest (LOL)...

It is great that others are finding their way over. I hope everyone comes...

Sandy, thanks for asking Class Wife for the link - I am glad someone thought of it...

Gotta get the coffee going...

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
Here's a positive for nicotine, I just picked up. I had an session with my 'head doc', last week. He's been interested in my progress with e-cigs. He never heard of them before i showed him my 1st ego 6 months ago. Anyways - I said I hit 6 months w/o a cigarette and now I'm trying to cut down on my nic level. He asked why - I said I wanted to see if I sleep better because I've often heard nicotine can act as a stimulant. His reply was "Mike, I don't tell my smoking clients this because I don't want to give them another excuse to continue smoking - but yes there is a beneficial stimulant effect but more so nicotine can also act as an anti-depressant." So I wasn't crazy for 45 years of smoking - I did feel better after ... but I feel so much better getting my nic fix from vaping. :vapor:
Not only that MikeE, but it also helps with Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, & ADHD. All in moderation of course. Oh how I hate moderation in anything. My moto is "If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing."
Cowdog here. Vape on

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Not only that MikeE, but it also helps with Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, & ADHD. All in moderation of course. Oh how I hate moderation in anything. My moto is "If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing."
    Cowdog here. Vape on

LOL, I started smoking when I was 12-13 or so when I figured out that if I swiped one of my dads cigarettes it would make the ticks go away (Tourette's)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread