Status
Not open for further replies.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Still trying to hunt down some good tanks for standard size Boges so anyone with a tip on that shout it on out please .. Jewels sent me one and it works great .. just can't find any like it .. with her skills she must custom make the things

If you want exactly what I sent you, go to MyVaporStore, and you can get the tanks for $4.50. The February coupon is ATJ8 for 10% off. These come with a polycarbonate tube in the longer length for an xl carto. The one I sent you has a polypropylene tube that I had cut down for a regular sized carto.

The pp tube doesn't react to certain juices that can cause cracking of the tank, like citrus, cinnamon, etc..., also doesn't have BPA like the polycarbonate tubing does. Your decision, but you'd have to cut it down, very easily done. If you want to go with polypropylene, I have an extra tube or 2 I can spare. I'd cut them down if you want. Pm me if you're interested

You got me thinking. We've looked into storing nic in the freezer, but what about storing juices? Can they be frozen as well? Would the PG/VG preserve them? I'd have to buy another freezer to freeze some juices, but wouldn't that be convenient?

I have read that flavors do not do well either refrigerated or frozen. Cold storage is only good for unflavored juice.

CharlieGirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
Lehigh Acres, FL
Thanks Semi.........maybe I could try that. My biggest problem would be in storing it in the freezer............daughter will have a conniption fit. I'm just thankful that they allow me to vape in my room. I can really relate to what Old Hippy was talking about a short while back.....it's hard at our age to be treated like a child with more rules and restrictions than I ever placed on my children. Circumstances are just what they are and I have to deal with it as best I can. Not looking for sympathy here.....just stating facts.

Oh Yiddle, stop being so damn sweet and kick her in the @$$! You wouldn't have treated them that way is right! Even my son told me that I always have a place with them. I stay there a lot already, but he means permanently. I said I wouldn't interfere in his life like that and his wife jumped in and said mom, how dare you even go there, you took good care of him and his needs all his life, it is his duty to do the same for you when you need it, and it would be an honor for me since I never really had a mother! Your love will always be a huge asset to us! I knew I had kids for a reason! Seriously, I don't know exactly what your circumstances are, but I am sure if you had choices you would not choose to be there either. Shame on her for making you feel like an outsider!!! You deserve so much better than that!

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I'm not trying to stir up any fear or anything but when I was researching causes to the type of cancer I have, polycarbonate was mentioned as a cause. I know I used them for a while with some hot cinnamon that just ate the tanks up real fast. I don't believe it was the cause of mine but it did make me want to stay away from tanks made of polycarbonate. I'm looking forward to trying the new glass T3's when they are available.

CharlieGirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
Lehigh Acres, FL
Just a quick heads up. I'm not usually the one to try out new stuff, I always wait and see what everyone else thinks of it first before I try it because my funds are very limited and I hate to waste them on something I can't use. But lately I have even been disappointed with things that other people had good luck with. My problem seems to be I am a chain vapor so any tank I use is sludge by the time I get to the bottom, and it starts tasting burnt and off half way through. I-Vapes had the fairly new Evods and heads on sale, and I had a few dollars on hand so I went for it, and can I say I am glad I did? These little babies are working out great for me! First of all, they are a bottom coil, which I prefer for the slightly cooler vape, and I also find they don't mutilate the juice as fast. It's not a very big tank, which may be a drawback for some, but it is fine for me because I can actually run out of juice before I realize it because there is no change in the flavor. The flavor comes through cleanly for me from beginning to end! There are no visible fibers to burn either, another plus for me because every head I own get's tossed because the fibers burn out, not the actual head. Every T-2 I have will burn in half at the middle. The Evods have a replaceable coil at the bottom and after vaping for 2 solid days straight on the same one, alls I've done is rinsed it and the tube, dabbed it off, and went right back to vaping it again, no problem! The tanks come in steel colors with a slit in the side so you can see the juice level and were $5.95, and the coils come in a 5 pack for $7.45. And there is a code for a 5 or 10% discount too. They had a few more good deals I picked up while I was there, but I was really impressed with the Evods. I only got 2 but wish I had gotten at least 5. I will be getting more though. These would have to be my happiest vape yet! Obviously though, I am not average, so proceed at your own risk! But I'd like to hear back from you if you did try them!

Another quickie, with all the DIY talk, since I DIY all my juices, I know how it can whip through bottles, and they can add up. I also reuse what I can, but when I need new ones, this is the place to go, they are cheaper than anywhere else by far! They are not the sturdiest I've ever run across, but I have never had a problem with a single one either, so also highly recommended! ...Plastic Bottles...
Enjoy!!!

Last edited:

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Just a quick heads up. I'm not usually the one to try out new stuff, I always wait and see what everyone else thinks of it first before I try it because my funds are very limited and I hate to waste them on something I can't use. But lately I have even been disappointed with things that other people had good luck with. My problem seems to be I am a chain vapor so any tank I use is sludge by the time I get to the bottom, and it starts tasting burnt and off half way through. I-Vapes had the fairly new Evods and heads on sale, and I had a few dollars on hand so I went for it, and can I say I am glad I did? These little babies are working out great for me! First of all, they are a bottom coil, which I prefer for the slightly cooler vape, and I also find they don't mutilate the juice as fast. It's not a very big tank, which may be a drawback for some, but it is fine for me because I can actually run out of juice before I realize it because there is no change in the flavor. The flavor comes through cleanly for me from beginning to end! There are no visible fibers to burn either, another plus for me because every head I own get's tossed because the fibers burn out, not the actual head. Every T-2 I have will burn in half at the middle. The Evods have a replaceable coil at the bottom and after vaping for 2 solid days straight on the same one, alls I've done is rinsed it and the tube, dabbed it off, and went right back to vaping it again, no problem! The tanks come in steel colors with a slit in the side so you can see the juice level and were $5.95, and the coils come in a 5 pack for $7.45. And there is a code for a 5 or 10% discount too. They had a few more good deals I picked up while I was there, but I was really impressed with the Evods. I only got 2 but wish I had gotten at least 5. I will be getting more though. These would have to be my happiest vape yet! Obviously though, I am not average, so proceed at your own risk! But I'd like to hear back from you if you did try them!

Another quickie, with all the DIY talk, since I DIY all my juices, I know how it can whip through bottles, and they can add up. I also reuse what I can, but when I need new ones, this is the place to go, they are cheaper than anywhere else by far! They are not the sturdiest I've ever run across, but I have never had a problem with a single one either, so also highly recommended! ...Plastic Bottles...
Enjoy!!!

I bought 4 of the EVODS and absolutely love them for the same reasons you mentioned. The taste is the same at the end as it is in the beginning. I've yet to clean mine after 4 fills, but am ready to do that today.
I will definitely be getting more of these. Below is a picture of mine with a Spinner!

Oh, and I took advantage of those small plastic bottles and am awaiting shipment.....probably tomorrow......liking those precise tips.

EVOD single.jpg

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I'm not trying to stir up any fear or anything but when I was researching causes to the type of cancer I have, polycarbonate was mentioned as a cause. I know I used them for a while with some hot cinnamon that just ate the tanks up real fast. I don't believe it was the cause of mine but it did make me want to stay away from tanks made of polycarbonate. I'm looking forward to trying the new glass T3's when they are available.

Vaping's beginning to stress me out. Polycarbonate, BPA's and now they're raising concerns about SS mesh wicks having some kind of Chromium Oxide that could be dangerous to us. Maybe I should drink my nick. :confused:

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine

Do you have any links to the info you found?

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Vaping's beginning to stress me out. Polycarbonate, BPA's and now they're raising concerns about SS mesh wicks having some kind of Chromium Oxide that could be dangerous to us. Maybe I should drink my nick. :confused:

Through my life my lungs have been well coated with poisons. Asbestos,wood dust (saw mill),paint,clear coat,solvents.

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    Both his Drs are thrilled that he's vaping and not smoking.

Our docs were pleased that we were vaping instead of smoking and they've listed us as "former smokers". You know when the doc puts the stethoscope on your chest and tells you to take a deep breath so he can listen to your lungs? Since I've been vaping I can take really deep breaths and not need to cough at all. With all the medical stuff we have to deal with as we get older it sure is nice to get good news! So glad to hear your hubby is doing well.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie
    I'm reading thru the posts this AM which I usually don't do on Sunday since I take an Internet Holiday on Sundays .. at any rate, since it's rainy, cold and dreary out side, here I is .. just a few comments on the other comments from others ..

1) I ate C Rations from the 1940's when I was in the Military and lived to tell the tale . . they were at least 20 years old
    2) I've air brushed / worked with paints / laquers / clearcoats / wood dust / etc for many many years before respiratory protection became recommended .. as well as a consistent PAD + habit .. and although I have had heart attacks, I believe as well as my Cardiologist, that it was food that did it ..
    3) Cold storage of nic solution for me is a long term scenario .. if I was holding it for a year or less, I would not bother ..

It saddens me to know of Yids arrangement .. I know it has to be tough, tough, tough .. no advice from me other than we can try to maintain an alternate reality for you ..

old hippy

ECF Veteran
    Aug 27, 2010
    Magnolia,Kentucky

Mike, remember when they told us "don't eat eggs" and now they tell us "to eat eggs"-- same with coffee and so many other things.
    If you were nursed with baby bottles, you grew on polycarbonate and if you microwave in plastic type containers, same thing.
    Even shrink type plastic that we all use to cover leftovers etc, is not good.
    But, we are still alive-right ?? Old saying again, your body knows YOU, and don't sweat the small stuff that the FDA jerks tell us. cripes, they ok'ed thalidimide and Chantix etc. Life will kill us, , living in a bubble would even hurt us too. Yes, I pay attention to the studies, but then again, I don't want to live to be 120 either, LOL !!!

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie

Give it to Mikey .. he'll drink anything .. ;)

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    Mike, remember when they told us "don't eat eggs" and now they tell us "to eat eggs"-- same with coffee and so many other things.
    If you were nursed with baby bottles, you grew on polycarbonate and if you microwave in plastic type containers, same thing.
    Even shrink type plastic that we all use to cover leftovers etc, is not good.
    But, we are still alive-right ?? Old saying again, your body knows YOU, and don't sweat the small stuff that the FDA jerks tell us. cripes, they ok'ed thalidimide and Chantix etc. Life will kill us, , living in a bubble would even hurt us too. Yes, I pay attention to the studies, but then again, I don't want to live to be 120 either, LOL !!!

I hear ya! I might be doing more damage to my 'system' with Teflon cookware than Chromium Oxide from an SS mesh wick.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    Give it to Mikey .. he'll drink anything .. ;)

Almost anything - I still will not drink Sloe Gin. Got totally wasted on that when I was 15 years old, thought I was bleeding internally when it started coming back up/out. Have not had a drop of that since.

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    My Teflon pans should really be replaced so I thought great, I'll get the new ceramic. Turns out that's not so good either! Everything leeches into our air and food. Tap water isn't good (although that's what's in bottled water) Now the aspirin a day causes blindness! We're doomed! On the other hand, our life expectancy has increased - a lot - maybe all those preservatives actually helped? But I don't know that I want to live to be 120. Ask me when I'm 119.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread