OMG!!!! My battery justn now EXPLODED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
I mean that sucker sounded like someone fired a gun in my house! Scared the hell out of me. Have no ides why this happened. I'll try to get some pictures. It was on fire and everything. Just a simple kgo battery on the charger. Thank goodness it was in my bedroom. I had thought about charging from my computer while checking out the ecf. Sure am glad I didn't. I don't think I'd have a face left if I had. Please be careful everyone! Dang it now I only have two batteries. Did I mention this scared the hell out of me?

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Not an appropriate comment

kbjoran

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Riverdale, GA
Yeah I'm okay. I just developed a whole new respect for charging these batteries though. It was a Kgo 1100mah regulated voltage. Had it for a little over a year. Now I'm nervous about the other one I have just like it.

I think I might be a little shy around the other battery as well.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Have to ask:
Were you using a Brand name Charger or some cheap no-name?
If ever, how many times have you Dropped that battery?

Just trying to get an idea if it was a Charger fault or possible internal battery damage.
A year, if used regularly is about the limit for battery - avg. recharge life 300 cycles

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
Have to ask:
Were you using a Brand name Charger or some cheap no-name?
If ever, how many times have you Dropped that battery?

Just trying to get an idea if it was a Charger fault or possible internal battery damage.
A year, if used regularly is about the limit for battery - avg. recharge life 300 cycles

you got me there. I was using a charger that came with a different starter kit I got a long time ago. same threading so I thought it would be okay. I couldn't tell how many times Ive dropped it. I very rarely do unless I forget it's on my lap before I stand up. Probably been dropped two or three times. Problem though is I have(had)two of them and they are identical. Couldn't say which one has been abused more. Although one of them did ride around in a tool box for several months csause I had misplaced there.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
It is a little unsettling to hear about Ego type batteries exploding, and I feel like I am hearing this more frequently as of late. Two years ago I felt like I very rarely, if ever heard stories of exploding regulated batteries. So glad that OP is ok, and that the battery was not charging from his computer.

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
OH geez....now you have me scared to death! Does this only happen while charging? Tell me this doesn't happen while vaping! I feel panic mode setting in!

I've heard of a few "explosions" with batteries. All but one I know of were charging issues. The lone exception was some "genius" that was trying to get more power by stacking batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread