Status
Not open for further replies.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Speaking of mechs, was it here that someone posted a pic of their collection and there was a Kato there?
Yep, it's a Clone though. I'm not able to find an Authentic.

b881e074488226fabebef4f0dfeaed80.jpg
5c6846c809d4b9d6895bb15574440a47.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
Thanks, it's beautiful! I love these. I only have the clone also.
But I've yet to use it. Here's a dumb question. If you look around online there seems to be two very different camps as far as battery orientation. I know, this sounds dumb. But I've been leery of screwing it up somehow. I originally was thinking positive "up". But then I'm seeing comments from folks who say positive should be "down" because the vent holes are on the bottom.
Obviously you're working yours, so, any thoughts? TIA!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Why doesn't that page have any specs, just reviews? Is that a single 18650?
Yes it is a single 18650. I have no idea why there are no specs.
It is the same width as the eleaf 60w but just a little taller.

Here is some info from Vapeworld.biz

Dovpo Punisher 80w
Dovpo Punisher 80w is a great new mod. Compares to the IPV D3,

Operating Voltage: 3.4V - 4.2V.

Maximum Output Current: 28.5A.

Operating Wattage: 5.0W - 80.0W.

Temperature Control Mode Available

Nickel 200 coil working resistance range: 0.1Ω - 1.0Ω.

Temperature control range: 212°F - 572°F/100℃ - 300℃.

Standard atomizer working resistance range: 0.1Ω - 3.0Ω.

Punisher 80 will automatically detect whether a temperature sensing (Nickel 200) or standard (Kanthal etc.) coil is attached when in temperature control mode.

Short Circuit Protection

Low Voltage Protection

Over Voltage Protection

Overheat Protection

Battery-reversal Protection

Overtime vaping Warning

Power-off memory function

14. Using 18650 external battery

15. Charger Required: DC5V / 1A

16. Charging time: 3 - 5 hours

Last edited:
Reactions: Fozzy71

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
But I've yet to use it. Here's a dumb question. If you look around online there seems to be two very different camps as far as battery orientation. I know, this sounds dumb. But I've been leery of screwing it up somehow. I originally was thinking positive "up". But then I'm seeing comments from folks who say positive should be "down" because the vent holes are on the bottom.

On a Side-by-Side Mech, where the Battery compartment is "Spanned" to the Atomizer side with a Conductive strip, the Positive end of your Battery should be Pointed Down towards the Bottom of the Mod. And the Switch should be Making contact with the Negative end of the Battery.

If you think about it, it's just like a Regular Mech Mod. Positive pointing towards the Atomizer. Negative at the Switch.

The Only Difference in a SxS Mod is there is a 180 Degree bend at the end of the Battery. And if you could Somehow Bend the Mod so the Atty was pointing "Down", it would be just like a Regular Mech Mod.

Last edited:

jmur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
On a Side-by-Side Mech, where the Battery compartment is "Spanned" to the Atomizer side with a Conductive strip, the Positive end of your Battery should be Pointed Down towards the Bottom of the Mod. And the Switch should be Making contact with the Negative end of the Battery.

If you think about it, it's just like a Regular Mech Mod. Positive pointing towards the Atomizer. Negative at the Switch.

The Only Difference in a SxS Mod is there is a 180 Degree bend at the end of the Battery. And if you could Somehow Bend the Mod so the Atty was pointing "Down", it would be just like a Regular Mech Mod.
Thank you Zoid, that makes sense, especially about the 180° bend.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
And Zoid, can I copy what you said? I need to show someone else too.

Absolutely. If you think it could Help someone, by all means Copy It.

And here is a Good Graphic that Illustrates why Battery Orientation in a Mech Mod is Important.

bZz24rH.png

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Positive down, the switch you make the ground connection to the negative. So you do not want the positive up.

Reactions: jmur

jmur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
Positive down, the switch you make the ground connection to the negative. So you do not want the positive up.

Thank you!!

You and Zoid just made my day. Well, my tomorrow anyway. I can't wait to try the Kato.
First build I'm trying in it is about 1.2Ω, just to be cautious.
This (real) info has been so hard to sort out. Can't tell you how much I thank you both!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thank you!!

You and Zoid just made my day. Well, my tomorrow anyway. I can't wait to try the Kato.
First build I'm trying in it is about 1.2Ω, just to be cautious.
This (real) info has been so hard to sort out. Can't tell you how much I thank you both!

No Problem.

I have Shown that Mech Mod Battery Graphic to many People. And have seen the Light Go On over many heads when they see the Two Orientations and how they can be Different.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I found the tank I'm ready to commit to stockpiling for myself. Unfortunately I have to pay shipping. I want to order 20 of them. Do you think 20 items shipped at once will call unneeded attention? I can order in smaller amounts if needed but my shipping costs will go up accordingly.
Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks
Depends on the size of the tank and where its shipped from. Is is small like a Eleaf GS air? Or bigger like a Griffin? Is it coming from overseas or here in the US? If from overseas, aren't most shipped free?
If in US, that many might cause the vendor to add additional shipping charges.

Who are you worried about that would pay attention? Customs?

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
Yep, it's a Clone though. I'm not able to find an Authentic.

b881e074488226fabebef4f0dfeaed80.jpg
5c6846c809d4b9d6895bb15574440a47.jpg

Very nice, where do you find these, will it fit STMs. I also read somewhere that a Taifun will not fit ? Bummer, but as long as STMs and Kayfuns fit this would be really nice to have.

avpx1

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2015
Depends on the size of the tank and where its shipped from. Is is small like a Eleaf GS air? Or bigger like a Griffin? Is it coming from overseas or here in the US? If from overseas, aren't most shipped free?
If in US, that many might cause the vendor to add additional shipping charges.

Who are you worried about that would pay attention? Customs?

Yes I'm worried about Customs. I don't want them to send me an import fee, and I don't want to be added to their list of importers just because I wanted to stock myself some tanks. The tanks are the "Limitless" and are pretty big. I would say the are packaged similarly to the Griffin 25. I'm getting them out of China at a good price but shipping isn't included.

Reactions: bnrkwest

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Yes I'm worried about Customs. I don't want them to send me an import fee, and I don't want to be added to their list of importers just because I wanted to stock myself some tanks. The tanks are the "Limitless" and are pretty big. I would say the are packaged similarly to the Griffin 25. I'm getting them out of China at a good price but shipping isn't included.
Small packets get thru customs the easiest so if you can get many small packets my opinion is that would be easiest.

RabbiXX

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2016
California
Here's 9 of 12, the Dicodes stockpile (which is making me depressed more than happy, I'd never buy this many multiples of Exactly The Same Thing, except with the thought that years will pass, and one by one, they'll die, and I want exactly the same thing to replace them with if I can't get warranty service)

This makes me feel slightly better about my personal spending because I only bought 3 Dicodes. Although I only kept it to 3 really because I may not have lived to see the aftermath of vapepocalypse III after the wife saw the CC bill.

If I could keep only a single mod -- presupposing it kept working forever ;-) -- for me it'd be the Dani Extreme v2+

This makes me want to buy another V2+ . You know, just in case...

If I could do it over, I think I would have purchased another V2+ instead the the No. 6. I'm very happy with the Dani Box as well. The No 6. is just larger than I typically like, but it does feel great in the hand.

I wouldn't mind a Provari P3 if I could find a good deal, but at $150 or so, I rather just spend a bit more and get another Dicodes.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I wouldn't of either,and came across that video and thought wow that's kinda cool haha.Now if i can figure out how to make a collapsible hot spring,then i'll be all set.

Here's a source for springs, probably every spring ever made. Got the feeling that they are targeting vendors rather than individuals, so I'm not sure how easy it would be to buy a single spring from them. They want you to provide a bunch of measurements for the spring you want, plus choose from a long list of materials. Couldn't figure out whether they have stuff in stock or manufacture it on request. Good to have as a last resort though.

Someone said that hot springs are made of beryllium copper, which is one of the material options on this site. Don't know that for sure though.

http://www.diamondwire.com/about-springs/spring-terms-glossary.html

edit: maybe it's possible to buy beryllium copper wire and make your own.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread