On stockpiling after FDA deeming regulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

smknomore

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2014
South of the river
I avoid Clones with Mech's, Beyond vape has the Sage mod on sale for $45. I just picked up one, nice well built tube mod

Know this is an older post but read it and ordered one of the Sage mods myself. Its in the mail now, wondering how you have been liking it after having it a while. Hope to use it with my old kayfuns and an RDA when letting the Reo's sit a spell.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Know this is an older post but read it and ordered one of the Sage mods myself. Its in the mail now, wondering how you have been liking it after having it a while. Hope to use it with my old kayfuns and an RDA when letting the Reo's sit a spell.
It's not a bad tube, I love the button. My favorite though are the Arthas 26650 (have 3) and the Oros V2 (have 2). It's a good well built tube and I've been happy with it. I think you'll like it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: bnrkwest

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I'm about to order wire for building coils on my STMs. I've never tried building them before, so please excuse me for asking a very basic question. I am a low wattage, high ohm, MTL vaper. Do I want the flat Kanthal wire (Kanthal A1 Resistance - Ribbon Flat Wire) or regular Kanthal (Kanthal A1 Resistance Wire (Even Gauges)

I am thinking I should buy some 22, 24, & 26 gauge wire because I have no idea what gauge wire I will prefer. I have an order of prebuilt coils on the way, so I won't have to actually make coils, but I understand I will still need some wire to connect the prebuilts to the rba deck? Am I right here? Does the gauge of the wire used to attach the prebuilt to the rba need to be the same gauge as the pre-built coils? Please tell me if I am on the right path.

Thank you very much, in advance, for sharing your knowledge, hints and tips with me.

J.W.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
I'm about to order wire for building coils on my STMs. I've never tried building them before, so please excuse me for asking a very basic question. I am a low wattage, high ohm, MTL vaper. Do I want the flat Kanthal wire (Kanthal A1 Resistance - Ribbon Flat Wire) or regular Kanthal (Kanthal A1 Resistance Wire (Even Gauges)

I am thinking I should buy some 22, 24, & 26 gauge wire because I have no idea what gauge wire I will prefer. I have an order of prebuilt coils on the way, so I won't have to actually make coils, but I understand I will still need some wire to connect the prebuilts to the rba deck? Am I right here? Does the gauge of the wire used to attach the prebuilt to the rba need to be the same gauge as the pre-built coils? Please tell me if I am on the right path.

Thank you very much, in advance, for sharing your knowledge, hints and tips with me.

J.W.

No extra wire needed to connect the prebuilds to the deck beyond what you already have on the prebuilt. When you do decide to build your first coils yourself I would suggest the kanthal a1 resistance wire (even guage) 26 ga. to start with. Later on you may want to branch out to other wires.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
No extra wire needed to connect the prebuilds to the deck beyond what you already have on the prebuilt. When you do decide to build your first coils yourself I would suggest the kanthal a1 resistance wire (even guage) 26 ga. to start with. Later on you may want to branch out to other wires.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I had no idea!! Yay!!

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
Used a 32/26 Clapton 2.5 mm 4 wraps for a .7 ohm and for my first Clapton build on anything I just gotta say its amazing. I usually just do 26 g. on a 2.5 dia. 7 wraps but decided to finally find out what all the fuss was about.

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
Used a 32/26 Clapton 2.5 mm 4 wraps for a .7 ohm and for my first Clapton build on anything I just gotta say its amazing. I usually just do 26 g. on a 2.5 dia. 7 wraps but decided to finally find out what all the fuss was about.
Conrats! I felt the same way when i did my first Clapton coil

ravnhaus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2015
I'm about to order wire for building coils on my STMs.
I am thinking I should buy some 22, 24, & 26 gauge wire because I have no idea what gauge wire I will prefer.
I suggest the regular. I would get 28 over the 22. I have had good luck with 28 ga 7 wraps at 3mm diameter.

ericbnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Piedmont Triad, NC
Just a few tips gleened from various forums for new Nemsis owners out there (clone and authentic) if your button is less than perfect out of the box:

1) Check the rice pin - it should be even with the top of the post the bottom silver pin screws into. If it is too long the throw of the button can be off causing the switch to hang if pushed from the side instead of dead center. A file or dremel can fix this problem quickly.

2) Make sure the top of the large spring is inserted up into the channel for it cut into the bottom of the upper part of the switch (opposite side from the black delrin).

I did this for my brass HCigar Nemesis and find the movement much improved, enough that I left my magnets in the box since there wasn't really any improvement over a proper working spring switch.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

J.W.
The wire in the OCC coil heads is 26 gauge. I should know. I rebuilt the heads for about a year.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    The wire in the OCC coil heads is 26 gauge. I should know. I rebuilt the heads for about a year.

How are these configured though? If I try and make a 0.5 with 26 gauge on Steam I end up with a really high heat flux on 3 wraps.

When I did the RBA I did dual coil using 26 gauge on a 3.5mm at 6 wraps for about 0.5.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    How are these configured though? If I try and make a 0.5 with 26 gauge on Steam I end up with a really high heat flux on 3 wraps.

When I did the RBA I did dual coil using 26 gauge on a 3.5mm at 6 wraps for about 0.5.
    I used 2 mm coil horizontal and 5 wraps 26 gauge. If memory serves it was .52 ohms.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    I used 2 mm coil horizontal and 5 wraps 26 gauge. If memory serves it was .52 ohms.

At what wattage? I'm new to coil building but if I put that in Steam I'm getting really high heat flux starting at 20W. Just trying to put it all together because I vape the stock OCC and SSOCC coils at around 35W all the time, am I used to super high heat flux?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread