On stockpiling after FDA deeming regulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

budynbuick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
michigan
I know rebuilding and DIY is intimidating. I will give you that. I was scared the first few times i did it.

I found out that rebuilding and DIY is NOT THAT HARD.

There is NO way in HELL I WOULD GO BACK TO tanks AND PREMADE coils THAT SUCK.

If i can rebuild and DIY with 1 1/2 hands.

Sorry but what's their excuse?

I don't have much sympathy for people that have been told this is coming for two years and choose to do nothing about it.

I hope they like cigarettes, BLU, Mark 10, etc.

Maybe these folk are prepping....just doing it quietly?;)

budynbuick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
michigan
Lots of Coil heads and push come shove, a lot of members swear by Flavorless.

Before I'd call anyone an idiot, I'd offer to teach them what I could, if they were interested.:D

vaping flavorless right now with Rayon & I love it. Tastes nice & clean!:banana: First time I have tried it.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
No prob.

This is the mini v3 I ordered. I bought 3 to test out.

$13.18 Kayfun Mini V3 Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 2ml / 316 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Here's the v3 + with larger capacity. This will probably be in my next order once the v5 comes out. I'll get both.

The 2ml sounds perfect. I've never been a big tank person. Thanks for the link! I will definitely be buying one. $13.18 for a stainless steel tank with glass is ridiculous.

I see the original Svomesto kayfun v3 minis are retailing for a $100. I know discussion and debates about clones vs original will endure until the end of time (unless of course the deeming regulations end it first) but I think, the originals probably are more durable and that could be important if you are buying products to stockpile.

Has anyone actually compared the performance and flavor of the original svomesto kayfun mini v3 vs these Fast tech clones?

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
When did being an ex-trucker make anyone an expert in Customs, Duty and Excise?

Who else takes the bills, manifests, paperwork and goods to and from and gets invited into the facilities on a regular basis?

To see how they operate.

At several facilities.

In each of many states...

Tapatyped

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Customs and Border Patrol now fall under the auspices of Homeland Security. The Chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, Senator Ron Johnson (R) WI, has fired the only meaningful shot across the FDA's bow in recent days. I think it may be safe to assume that unless the FDA comes up with good answers to his very tough questions, we won't see a meaningful effort to stop overseas shipments of vaping related equipment and supplies.

By his own admission, there's little Senator Johnson can do about the FDA.

Stream Vicki McKenna HR 3 Friday Free | 1310 WIBA

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
You must want people back on tobacco. Your actions and words here convey as much in appearance.

Nowhere have I stated that. Perhaps you should look at the context in which it was posted?

xwarp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Tucson AZ
You must want people back on tobacco. Your actions and words here convey as much in appearance.

I understood exactly what he meant and the fact that I believe there is some reality to what he stated.

One senator against a government organization funded by lobbyist at risk of losing trillions in profit? Yeah, I don't think so.

Reactions: dcdozer

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
So now smugglers and terrorists will use ecigs as a shipping cover?
Ok, I AM an EX trucker who spent a LOT of time at the Port of Jacksonville.

There was a big 60 Minutes special a couple years ago on the ports and the security of incoming containers. They only have the ability to SPOT check them for explosives due to the massive quantities of containers coming in. Each ship can have Thousands of containers on them. They Barely have enough people and x-ray stuff to spot check for the terrorist stuff and as has been mentioned, the Head of Homeland Security is Not At All Onboard this with the FDA.

Yep eyeglass abuse exists! found with google.

"
Where Can I buy fake eyeglasses for fashion?

You can probably thank your Own eye Dr. for any eyeglass script ID foolishness.

There was a time when an Ophthalmologist would not even Give you your own written out prescription, you just got your new glasses. Then the Optometrists starting fighting that and they got it to where Your prescription was Your prescription. So that you could take it to a Cheaper Optometrist to fill. The eye Drs fought that tooth and nail with some pretty heavy lobbying and they lost.

Your own eye Dr is the group that wanted to make it difficult for you to actually get your eyeglass prescription put into your hand.
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Reactions: AnthonyB

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
The 2ml sounds perfect. I've never been a big tank person. Thanks for the link! I will definitely be buying one. $13.18 for a stainless steel tank with glass is ridiculous.

I see the original Svomesto kayfun v3 minis are retailing for a $100. I know discussion and debates about clones vs original will endure until the end of time (unless of course the deeming regulations end it first) but I think, the originals probably are more durable and that could be important if you are buying products to stockpile.

Has anyone actually compared the performance and flavor of the original svomesto kayfun mini v3 vs these Fast tech clones?

Massive thread on the v3 clones

Attack of the (Kayfun Mini V3) Clones!

Most of the issues are related to the cheap o-rings. Those are easy to replace. Go to the end of the thread and read backwards. All the info you could ever ask for irt these tanks.

Another option is the Tobeco clone. VapeNW has them for $15. I've heard great things about them. I might buy a couple from there to.

Kayfun Mini V3 by Tobeco $14.99 - Tanks - Tanks

As far as original vs clone for quality. The original is definitely going to be higher quality. Especially with the O-rings. Fit and finish is better too. The question you need to ask yourself is whether it is worth it or not. If I like the v3's enough I'm going to not only stock up on 10 or so. I'm also going to buy 10 replacement glass and bases. All for a couple hundred bucks. I'm pretty frugal about this stuff.

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Detroit
This is a medium high end authentic mod for 15 bucks. Also in red for 10 bucks.

It uses 18350/1849-50/18650 batteries.

A mod of this class for 15 bucks is insane!!!!

Beyond Vape Beacon Mod - Black Blemished [bv-bea-mod-blk-blm] - $15.00 : Beyond Vape, Premium Vaporizers and E-Cigarettes

Thanks for the recommendation & link. I just ordered two of the red ones. It's my first mech mod. I've got a background in electronics / ohm's law, and always understood the safety considerations, but opted for the convenience of regulated mods. Considering all that's going on, I thought it might be prudent to pick up something durable, simple and dependable that will last, if needed.

The blemished Beacon seems to fit that, at a very good price.

Reactions: MMW

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Not to mention, there are x-ray scanners in use at major ports that scan entire shipping containers. If the manifest doesn't match up with what they see on the x-ray, the entire container is pulled aside and gone through.
Tell the rest of the story for real truthiness.

They don't have the people OR the x-ray machines to even scan the Majority of containers. They only SPOT check and THEN only from known problem areas. OR If they have specific knowledge on one specific shipment.

Not to mention the HEAD of Homeland Security has made it very clear that he's not ready to go searching containers for vape gear.
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Reactions: AnthonyB

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Nowhere have I stated that. Perhaps you should look at the context in which it was posted?

I have examined the context and subtext of your statements. I did not state that you directly stated that. I stated it appears you desire that. I may and do think as I desire of observations. I observed your actions and statements as objectively as I could.

To me it appears you desire people returning to use of tobacco products. I am not alone in thinking your actions and statements appear you desire people returning to using tobacco products, others think it. Such appearances on your part, may have further implications.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Finally something about this I can chuckle about.

The good Homeland Security Committee Head's letter to the FDA where he essentially Demands a metric ....-ton of information on Deeming from them. Data that from how it's worded CANNOT look good for the FDA.

Majority Media | Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Committee | Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Committee

What's the chuckle part you ask?

The FDA has 13 DAYS to have it all sitting on the Senator's desk.

Gonna be a bit of a spike in FDA OT this month...
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
I understood exactly what he meant and the fact that I believe there is some reality to what he stated.

One senator against a government organization funded by lobbyist at risk of losing trillions in profit? Yeah, I don't think so.

One senator might also be involved with a team which may investigate for R.I.C.O charges if granted probable cause. Even government agencies are not above the law. If the F.D.A is being mismanaged, as with other businesses this could imply possibility of corruption existing in the business. I am not saying such is the case. It may be, or may not be. The F.D.A can help defer such actions by way of responding to the questions put to it.

Reactions: LouisLeBeau

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Customs do check documents though.
And can easily flag foreign vape suppliers in their computer.

I think this hits the nail on the head. The arguments about how hard it would be for the authorities to catch vaping shipments are all valid if we were talking about me getting a private package from a friend in another country. But computers can process information from shipping labels in unlimited numbers, bulk suppliers from China and elsewhere would have a hard job making their shipping labels unrecognizable to the computers. They would have to put a different sender address on every package, and avoid any other form of common information that algorithms could look for. I seem to recall someone saying that a large percentage of the vaping manufacturers are located in one Chinese city, for example. They could probably do it, but it would take a big expensive effort on their part.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
The F.D.A can help defer such actions by way of responding to the questions put to it.

I was loving the wording the Senator used in his specific information requests. I could clearly see a No Win situation for the FDA written between the lines.

If they Don't have the info, then they didn't have info needed to Properly do the deeming.
If they Had the info and just disregarded it and implement deeming anyway, then they're blatantly purposely killing an industry.

I would say I'd like to have been a fly on the wall when the FDA got that letter but as I've alluded to, I think they both Expected and were Happy to get it. Their Intention is that deeming get mired down ASAP in lawsuits and Congressional action. That takes them completely OFF the hook from having to make it happen.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread