Not open for further replies.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Anthony, I do it all the time in my kitchen with no windows open. I have worn gloves and I have just made sure I was close to the sink. If you drip some on you, you will not perish. Of course you would not want to sit around with any on your skin for any length of time. NO ANIMALS nearby for sure because even a small amount on or in them would be a disaster. One of those things where it is important to be careful but also to keep things in perspective. I bought a funnel when I bought my blue bottles and I will transfer, by myself, in my kitchen, no ventilation. Clean up in kitchen sink

Thanks Chanel. I appreciate the advice. Gloves and near a tap. In the past I've mixed liquids with 18 or 24mg nicotine in my granny flat which is at least 20 metres from the bathroom. When I've had leakage touch me I was wiping it off with a tissue.

Being near a sink when mixing 100 Mgs makes sense. I have animals around me too so that is also a consideration.

Reactions: 3mg Meniere

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Thanks Chanel. I appreciate the advice. Gloves and near a tap. In the past I've mixed liquids with 18 or 24mg nicotine in my granny flat which is at least 20 metres from the bathroom. When I've had leakage touch me I was wiping it off with a tissue.

Being near a sink when mixing 100 Mgs makes sense. I have animals around me too so that is also a consideration.

Chanels advice is VERY sound. The paranoia surrounding handling of 100mg nic is overblown. Just have to use reasonable common sense.

[removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
You might check out the Kayfun Mini V3 clones, there is a thread in the RTA area on them.

Much simplified over prior KFs and even I was able to make it work on the first build, even with a
3.2 ohm coil. (Oops.) Most of the prior Kayfunners seem to like them a lot.

Size is a bit of a minor issue though, that standard size is only 2 ml and the Plus is 3 ml.
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

I dived right in with kayfun clones. I've only ever had one kayfun clone of any type of kayfun device and it was a 'rocket' kayfun clone at Fast Tech. When I could be bothered building it, the Flavor was as good as anything else I've ever Vaped (right up there with genesis tanks for mouth to lingers).

I've ordered a kayfun v3 mini clone, V4, V3.1 and a kayfun lite v3 ES at fast tech. I consider this my catching up on the evolution of the kayfun albeit, with the clones. As someone who likes mouth to lung vaping for most of my daily vaping needs I am wondering why in never really took up kayfuns.

Though, in trying to figure out what is the difference between kayfuns and this explosion of RTAs we have on the market now. The chimney set up maybe and the fact that the RTAs released in 2015 and 2016 are more geared for sub ohm lung hits?

Reactions: bnrkwest

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
When transferring 100 mg/ml nic I recomend doing so on a clean, uncluttered area next to a sink. I prefer to use a glass baking dish lined with paper towels and have some paper towels nearby in case of a spill, cleanup will be quick and easy. Avoid handling 100 mg/ml nic in carpeted areas, a spill would be very difficult to thoroughly clean up.

Rubber gloves and glasses are a good idea. Being next to running water, a good washing of your hands is all most folks would need to do. Handling is also best done at a time without any distractions or interruptions.

Whenever pulling nic from the freezer, allow it plenty of time to come fully to room temp before opening the top. When placing in freezer, I like to double bag mine, and cushion the bottles with some bubble wrap, long term stuff is boxed and dated. Just always be alert and stay focused on what you are doing.

Great advice. Thanks for this.

I think bubble wrapping, boxing and dating is a good idea. And using a glass tray so any nicotine spills can be drained straight down the sink is a good idea.

LouisLeBeau

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Forum rules

LouisLeBeau

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
  • Deleted by retired1

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
  • Deleted by retired1

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
When you have unrealistic optimism in the face of a Category 5 hurricane, a little common sense is indicated. There are those who are claiming it's not going to be too bad, when in fact, after it's all said and done (providing the court cases are a flat bust), there's not going to be much of anything to see.

The deeming regulations as they're written has the potential to wipe out the majority of what we see available today. And the winner in all this will be the tobacco companies with their closed systems.

Tge whole photo id before buying online.

A LOT of States has or had the sosial security number as tge license number.

Can anyone repeat after me IDENTITY THEFT?

All one needs to seal a persons identity is three pieces of information.

Mothers Maiden name
Place of birth

These are easily obtainable in public records such as newspapers archives

And your SSN.

Reactions: Yiana

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Cleaning up

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
fair enough ! We all need to do our own analysis. I will wait a few months to see what all my options are before i "stockpile', should i chose to do that. :)

That is your choice but what if you're wrong?

I choose to prep stuff i will need because i refuse to go back to cigarettes.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
How come no one in these threads can say six simple words;
"I don't know what will happen."
Instead, a lot of folks in these threads are waving their meat swords around, passing it off as knowledge and clairvoyance.

It's entertaining for sure, but also rather telling.

I will gladly say "I don't know what will happen"

I hope the congress will do the RIGHT thing. But really how often does that happen?

I refuse to go back on the stinkies so i am prepared just in case the congress DOESNT do the right thing.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Sadly that isn't the way it is anymore. :(

America is not and never has been a democracy.

America was set up as a representative Republic.

What this nation SERIOUSLY needs is a National primary, and to stop tge Democrats from selecting the Republican nominee.

I have not been able to hold my nose and vote for the Republican nominee for president since Bob Dole ran against Clinton.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I did get some Kanger Subtanks as their horizontal coils look as easy to rebuild as Protank coils. Besides the RBA deck, you will still have those options down the road too!

Much easier than rebuilding the pro Tank coils

Horizontal subtank coils are stupid simple to build.

Pro tanks are HARD to rebuild because there is so little free space for the coil. Claustophobic is an understatement.

Reactions: AnthonyB

xwarp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Tucson AZ
I have not been able to hold my nose and vote for the Republican nominee for president since Bob Dole ran against Clinton.

Are you saying then that you take a deep breath and vote for the R nominee, or, do you do like many others and throw your vote away on someone 3rd party that has no chance of winning?

This time around, I think MANY people are freakin forgetting that no matter how much you may hate the GOP's last choice, that last choice is most likely going to be replacing a few SCOTUS seats and that IS the last place you want liberal justices who are in the POTUS' pockets.

Reactions: Yiana

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Cleaning up

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
The discussion of pure nicotine on ECF is not permitted.

Forum Rules

35. Nicotine strength
a. The maximum nicotine strength of refills (any liquid that is a finished product for retail sale for vaping whether bottled or sold with or within hardware) allowed to be offered for sale on ECF by Suppliers is 45mg/ml or 4.5%.
b. No liquid of strength higher than this can be specifically mentioned or offered on ECF by Suppliers. Trade deals are exempt, within private supplier boards only, as higher strengths are needed for trade bulk mixing. Note that there are shipping restrictions in some countries for toxic materials, which can be obtained by application to your local Postal Service and private shippers, and you are cautioned not to contravene these restrictions.
c. Suppliers can sell whatever strength they wish with the exception of pure nicotine (900mg/ml / 90% and above). Sites that sell pure nicotine will be blocked by ECF [3]. We define 'pure nicotine' as 90% / 900mg/ml or higher. Wholesale supplies are exempt from this ruling. We expect that Suppliers will ensure that wholesale customers are well aware of (a) the high risks, and (b) the equipment and precautions needed.
d. There is a limit on public discussion of 200mg (20%) maximum for mixing discussion, recipes and tutorials, and also in the Classifieds. Members may not discuss the use of refills (any liquids) stronger than 200mg.
e. The use of 'Pure Nicotine' cannot be discussed (in detail) on public forums on ECF (trade forums are exempt) due to the hazard [1] - see Notes below. That is to say, it can be mentioned in passing but not discussed at length especially as regards mixing.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Are you saying then that you take a deep breath and vote for the R nominee, or, do you do like many others and throw your vote away on someone 3rd party that has no chance of winning?

This time around, I think MANY people are freakin forgetting that no matter how much you may hate the GOP's last choice, that last choice is most likely going to be replacing a few SCOTUS seats and that IS the last place you want liberal justices who are in the POTUS' pockets.

I have voted third party since 1996.

Im a NEVER TRUMP. In all honesty between Trump and HilLIARy. I don't know who would be worse.

Trump believes in Iminent Domain (SP) property rights cease to exist.

Trump wants tarrifs. That WILL DESTROY OUR ECONOMY

In one of Trumps books he proposed a wealth tax. That puts him to the left of Obama and HilLIARy.

He said "ILL BUILD TGE WALL AND MAKE MEXICO PAY FOR IT" Then all the little sheeple jumped in a conga line behind him.

A wealth tax would devastate the economy. The Billions held by the Rich is not liquid. It is in stocks, bonds, businesses, land, etc.

A wealth tax would make the Great Depression of 1929 look like a sunday school picnic.

Reactions: bnrkwest

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
the 510 pin on the atty,,i noticed quite a few videos of people making repairs and talking about 'nicks' and stuff that happens to the pin.

Never had a problem with a 510.

My problems have been threads on screws and attys failing.

O rings getting chewed up. But NEVER had a 510 fail.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana

When I started doing this several people advised doing it at the kitchen sink for safety reasons. I ended up not doing that. The reason being that I have dogs and they live in the kitchen. Supposedly they are more sensitive to nicotine than humans. No idea if that's true but I heard it a few times. Or maybe it's just that they are smaller than us.

My fear was that I could drop some concentrated nic on the kitchen floor and not notice it. Accidents are possible no matter how careful you are. I picked up the impression that even a few drops might be enough to hurt a small dog, and I know from experience that anything I drop on the floor will get licked up. VG has a sweet taste and it's an ingredient in dog treats.

If I'm mixing base from concentrate I do it in my office where the dogs never go. I got a large low sided plastic storage tub to work in. I figured that would be good for containing spills. Even if I spilled a whole bottle of 100mg it wouldn't go anywhere, I could just carry the tub outside and clean it out with a hose. If I'm mixing juice from 8mg base I don't worry much at all. I have a small metal tray to stand the bottles on and catch any drips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread