Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hi all,

My favorite two naturally extracted tobacco vendors are in Illinois and Iowa. Does anyone know what the current state legislation holds for these States after 8/8/16?

Should I be thinking about stockpiling some of my favorite juices from these vendors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shoot your vendors an email and ask them what you should do. I am guessing you are talking Nets or WTA? Maybe ask how to store extra. Also ask in ecf's DIY section as I know its a concern there also.
DIY E-Liquid
:)

eta...just saw your post above mine....Glad to hear you are preparing.

Reactions: AnthonyB

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Wow. My test order for 250 ml 100 ml nicotine liquid from Myfreedomsmokes arrived. Amazing to think that in that 250 ml bottle is enough nicotine to last me a year or two. Only Myfreedomsmoke in the US delivers nicotine liquid overseas for less than prohibitive postage charge. Vapestrek, heartland vapors and others would charge approximately $60 in postage for a 500 ml bottle. Wizard labs doesn't ship nicotine liquid internationally at all.

Now to test this MFS liquid, make sure it has a good throat hit and doesn't make me sick and should all go well I will order another 500 mls.

That is 3 - 5 years of flavorless nicotine liquid on top of an already 3 year supply of premixed NETs. After that I just hope the law makers in the U.S. come to their senses or China lifts their game with nicotine and juice quality.

Being in Australia I could easily order nicotine from China but I ordered nicotine from China twice and it was poor and felt 'dirty' in my system. It made me nicotine high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you tried Hangsen artibaccos and TA's ? Not NETs, but not bad either. Better than most U.S. artibaccos i've tried.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Now to test this MFS liquid, make sure it has a good throat hit and doesn't make me sick and should all go well I will order another 500 mls.

Don't know your Vape strength, but at 1mg, 3mg, 6mg I've had no bad experiences with their Nic.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Clay has no plans on stopping on Aug 8. Business as usual he said. Haven't talked with Goodejuice, but i'd be surprised if anything changes with them either. I will do some research on state legislation in Iowa and Illinois.

Thanks Mazinny. I've already received my big order from NET.com and intend to put most of in the fridge. I won't stockpile it long term but will merely extend its life by putting it in the fridge. I've got NET.com juices that are from Clay's very first batch that taste as good as the day they arrived.

It is goodejuice I am considering putting in an order with. I'd rather not spend the money right now but I would hate if I baulked on an order only to receive an email from Nick advising that he is suddenly shutting shop reminiscent to what Diane did with MyVapeJuice.

It's our beloved NET vendors who are at the greatest risk of being affected by state legislation after 8/8 even though deeming restrictions won't begin until 2018.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Thanks Mazinny. I've already received my big order from NET.com and intend to put most of in the fridge. I won't stockpile it long term but will merely extend its life by putting it in the fridge. I've got NET.com juices that are from Clay's very first batch that taste as good as the day they arrived.

It is goodejuice I am considering putting in an order with. I'd rather not spend the money right now but I would hate if I baulked on an order only to receive an email from Nick advising that he is suddenly shutting shop reminiscent to what Diane did with MyVapeJuice.

It's our beloved NET vendors who are at the greatest risk of being affected by state legislation after 8/8 even though deeming restrictions won't begin until 2018.
I will call Nick tomorrow, and let you know.

I thought Diane had changed her mind about closing shop ? Haven' ordered from her in 2 years, so not in the loop, but i heard she found another credit card processor and is gonna be in business, at least for a while.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Shoot your vendors an email and ask them what you should do. I am guessing you are talking Nets or WTA? Maybe ask how to store extra. Also ask in ecf's DIY section as I know its a concern there also.
DIY E-Liquid
:)

eta...just saw your post above mine....Glad to hear you are preparing.

Thanks for that.

I did send emails to my vendors. One said that he will continue to trade and push on as long as he can and the other hasn't responded.

I think it is the intention of most vendors to trade on as long as they can but I am hoping if there is some impending doom about to hit like a raid, a credit facility cancellation or any other incident that debilitates a vaping business in its track, there is some possibility of being made aware before it happens to put in a pre-emptive order.

That's an ideal and optimistic outlook. My best guess is that when a vendor is affected by the tobacco laws it will be hit suddenly and unexpectedly and there won't be a thing a customer can do to put in one last order to chase that favorite liquid after it happens.

I take my stockpiling cautiously because I've been vaping through three gloom and doom storms where stockpiling was on the agenda of many Vapers and nothing eventuated.

Something tells me that some prudent, selective and sensible stockpiling might be in order this time.

Last edited:

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Have you tried Hangsen artibaccos and TA's ? Not NETs, but not bad either. Better than most U.S. artibaccos i've tried.

I've tried hangsens RY6. Is the kind of artibacco you are referring too? If so, it's not bad at all. Might rate a 5 or 6 out of 10.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia

I thought Diane had changed her mind about closing shop ? Haven' ordered from her in 2 years, so not in the loop, but i heard she found another credit card processor and is gonna be in business, at least for a while.

That would be great. I've sent him two emails in the last 2 weeks and he hasn't responded to either. I have a cart waiting lol. The only question in my mind is how much Patriot to buy. Nick seems to sell only in 30 ml bottles.

Reactions: Mazinny

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia

She did re-open. She found another credit card merchant.

Reactions: Mazinny

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Excuse me but these messages are public not private between two people

If you don't want to prep that is your choice, and you're free to do as you see fit.

However i am only talking of preparing for 5-7 years. I'm suggesting a total of $500 at most. There are some that are spending $10,000 and more hoarding to sell on the black market afterward.

You may not want to prep and thats fine, but a LOT of people here ARE wanting to prep, and I am trying to help them.

If you don't like reading the Posts about prepping; you have two choices.

1. Unwatch the thread.
2. Ignore people that are helping those peoole really wanting help.
You started your response to my original post with " I never said people that choose not to prep have their head in the sand " I just wanted to make it clear that i wasn't referring to you, i know you never said such a thing. That's what i meant by " my post wasn't addressed to you. I even posted a smiley ! Apologies if there was a misunderstanding, or my choice of words were poor. :)

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
You started your response to my original post with " I never said people that choose not to prep have their head in the sand " I just wanted to make it clear that i wasn't referring to you, i know you never said such a thing. That's what i meant by " my post wasn't addressed to you. I even posted a smiley ! Apologies if there was a misunderstanding, or my choice of words were poor. :)

NO worries. Its all good

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
It may be time to review this rule. This is not 2009. There are people here who are qualified to deal with strengths greater than 200mg/ml, and helping each other is what we do here. This isn't a question of cost savings anymore, or logistics. We're talking about a perma-ban and these higher strengths WILL become more commonly used due to regulations, taxes, oversight, etc.

While we're generally open to discussing rule changes, this is one rule that will not be changed. The limit stands. There is no discussion of strengths stronger than 200mg on ECF.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Being in Australia I could easily order nicotine from China but I ordered nicotine from China twice and it was poor and felt 'dirty' in my system. It made me nicotine high.

If you don't mind, I would find it helpful to know which Chinese nic vendors sent you unsatisfactory nicotine. I'm lining up one or two for possible future needs and your experience would help me avoid those pitfalls. Thanks!

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Excuse me but these messages are public not private between two people

If you don't want to prep that is your choice, and you're free to do as you see fit.

However i am only talking of preparing for 5-7 years. I'm suggesting a total of $500 at most. There are some that are spending $10,000 and more hoarding to sell on the black market afterward.

You may not want to prep and thats fine, but a LOT of people here ARE wanting to prep, and I am trying to help them.

If you don't like reading the Posts about prepping; you have two choices.

1. Unwatch the thread.
2. Ignore people that are helping those peoole really wanting help.
The problem is: you have a way with words that make it seem like your way is the only way. We all have a choice to make as to how we mover forward and our way is what is right for us. Nobody needs to suggest anybody moving along. We all have a right to be here whether we agree with you or not

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I don't blame them. But are they going to be able to sell it? Or will it be under the counter. o_O
Some are planning to have "private clubs". Members only social clubs on private property. Not everybody wants to be mixing e-liquid etc. Some people will resist and defy these regs...

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
you're joking, but according to Kevin from VP Live, he has personal knowledge that some b&m's have already started nicotine hoarding for future profit.

Buy the time they wait to make any Real profit from it, the electric bills for the refridgideezer to put it in will eat some of that profit away.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread