• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

***ON TOPIC***The Emerald City Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA
OK...
Here's an actual grilling tip that you can use tonight...
Webber has a relatively new product out to prevent sticking and promote yummy outsides. It's called "Grill and Spray". I clean the grill first (Wire brush and bristle brush lightly once it's hot) and then apply liberally. It won't flame up, burn, or add funky taste to your food. Best of all, it adds those perfect char broiled lines to your steaks, chicken, or (Wiz) other white meat, and then lets you turn or take off the grill without loosing the skin off your chicken or the marinade off your chops!
Yummy!!!

fenez

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
N.Y
Ok wiz here goes, get a nice brisket. I soak it in coke or pepsi for a few hours, then I make a beef broth and let it cool then add it to the soda. After you remove the brisket from the soda rub it down with salt,pepper and garlic, take 1 large onion cut it in half and skewer it to the fatty side of the brisket. heat the grill then only leave 1 burner on as low as it will go, put the brisket as far from the flame as you can get it, (fatty side up) try not let the temp of the grill get hotter than 250 degrees I leave it on the grill for roughly 7 to 9 hrs and then it will be soo tender and perfect you will be in heaven.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Ok wiz here goes, get a nice brisket. I soak it in coke or pepsi for a few hours, then I make a beef broth and let it cool then add it to the soda. After you remove the brisket from the soda rub it down with salt,pepper and garlic, take 1 large onion cut it in half and skewer it to the fatty side of the brisket. heat the grill then only leave 1 burner on as low as it will go, put the brisket as far from the flame as you can get it, (fatty side up) try not let the temp of the grill get hotter than 250 degrees I leave it on the grill for roughly 7 to 9 hrs and then it will be soo tender and perfect you will be in heaven.
fenez....Sounds about right on the temp....I usually keep my smoker at around 225 degrees for about 7 to 8 hours...I will post a special rub recipe tommorrow just for brisket you might want to give a go!:)The Wiz!

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Fenez......This is what I use on my brisket for a rub!

2 tablespoons kosher or coarse salt
2 teaspoons black pepper, ground
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper(or chipolte for more heat...ancho for less)
1 teaspoon oregano leaves, dried
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

I do not use sugar in this rub as I do with my basic pork rub(will post later),as the paprika does give it some sweetness! I also rub the meat down with Yellow mustard(light coat),before applying the rub(helps it to stick and adds flavor).Let set for at least 8 hours before Grilling or Smoking(I recommend smoking...that's where the flavor begins my friend),but as you know cooking at lower temps for longer periods will leave the meat tender!....I just might have to smoke one this weekend!..let me know how it turns out if (or when) you try it....I will definatly try the grilling method as well!:)The Wiz!

walkman4169

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2009
south warren
brine chicken with white sauce
for the brine
1 cup apple juice
1 cup water
1 tablespoon salt
1/4 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
combine all ingredients in large bowl dropp in chicken breast(7 or 8 boneless skinless)and refridgerate for 1-3 hours
preheat grill to around 400 place chicken on grill grate over direct heat for 5-6 minutes per side or until cooked through

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
Fenez......This is what I use on my brisket for a rub!

2 tablespoons kosher or coarse salt
2 teaspoons black pepper, ground
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper(or chipolte for more heat...ancho for less)
1 teaspoon oregano leaves, dried
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

I do not use sugar in this rub as I do with my basic pork rub(will post later),as the paprika does give it some sweetness! I also rub the meat down with Yellow mustard(light coat),before applying the rub(helps it to stick and adds flavor).Let set for at least 8 hours before Grilling or Smoking(I recommend smoking...that's where the flavor begins my friend),but as you know cooking at lower temps for longer periods will leave the meat tender!....I just might have to smoke one this weekend!..let me know how it turns out if (or when) you try it....I will definatly try the grilling method as well!:)The Wiz!

Thanks for posting your rub recipe Wiz.. and will be watching for your pork rub too! :D I just bought a little rotissiere oven about a month ago.. and am just having a blast with it... and making rubs etc. was something I never did before. I also was never was very good at using a BBQ to cook(everything is either still raw.. or burnt :rolleyes:) but I'm having great luck with the rotissiere oven so far! I've done whole chickens, pork roast, beef roast, steak and hamburgers so far. I think I'm going to try doing fish in it tomorrow :)

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Thanks for posting your rub recipe Wiz.. and will be watching for your pork rub too! :D I just bought a little rotissiere oven about a month ago.. and am just having a blast with it... and making rubs etc. was something I never did before. I also was never was very good at using a BBQ to cook(everything is either still raw.. or burnt :rolleyes:) but I'm having great luck with the rotissiere oven so far! I've done whole chickens, pork roast, beef roast, steak and hamburgers so far. I think I'm going to try doing fish in it tomorrow :)
Thanks mixxy.......I think this was the first time I gave You a mixing recipe..LOL....I will post the Pork Rub tommorrow....pretty much the same ingredients except for some brown sugar...pork loves the sweet stuff!..Grilling burgers here tommorrow...have to post a burger recipe or two also!....Continued success with your rotissiere..sounds like your having fun with it!:)The Wiz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread